CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came in here to let say that I emailed Matt Mitovich the senior editor at TVGuide.com about this whole letting Emmanulle go because of money but then hiring a regular. And he emailed me back and did not know what I was talking about, his exact words:

What did I miss? Who did they supposedly "hire"?

The casting call from spoilertv seems like the real deal, but are we sure? Hopefully he will email me back again.......

It's quite funny that we would find out before them.

Just thought I'd share.

Cool that he wrote back--you should send him the casting call info!

I totally did!! And now I keep checking my email to see if he writes back about it again. Hopefully he's finding out more info!

Now, About the Emmy's, I really hope they win. Poor Eddie, he definitely needs a nomination, he did outstanding, especially in Pay Up. There's an actor that can express his lines and his character so well, even just by his facial expressions sometimes.... ahem :evil: *cough* unlikeannabelknap *cough* That morgue scene was incredibly good. With the tears in his eyes. And he just broke down when he talked about Ang.getting autopsied. He was completely believable. Made me cry actually because you could feel the desperation.

Anyway, I hope they do win!! A definite :wtf: from me though on Grounds for Deception and Greator Good being on the list. I did not think they were that great. GFD especially, it was kind of insufferable. Have to agree with Fay that it's better suited for a fanfiction award.
Yahzreit and Ed Asner definitely deserve their nominations though. :thumbsup:

They're probably pushing Carmine for "The Box." He was good in it, but he's given much better performances in more powerful episodes. Hill was awesome in "Help" as was AJ in "The Party's Over." But Eddie was amazing in "Pay Up," and is consistently excellent. I think it's wrong that he's not being submitted.

It's totally wrong. I've always considered Eddie to be the best all rounder in terms of the supporting cast, yet this season he proved himself to be fantastic at portraying more emotional depth.

I read somewhere that some finale episodes for certain shows haven't always been considered because they're past the submission deadline. I don't think that's the case here as Greater Good was obviously submitted. I really can't think of any reasonable explanation as to why Eddie didn't make it. The Emmy's do have a history of some weird nominations and winners though. :confused:

Yeah, I thought of the deadline issue, too, but "Grounds for Deception" aired the day before "Pay Up"! Eddie not being submitted is just criminal.

Let us know if you hear anything back, CdfSjaI! :D

:scream: I can't believe Eddie is not nominated!!! Through ALL the seasons, he's been persistent with the quality of his acting, and he did an outstanding job in Pay Up. We never really saw Flack showing such raw emotions before, and Eddie portrayed it beautifully--the proof is that most viewers had tears in their eyes or cried with Flack. Not a lot of actors can deliver like he did in such less amount of screen-time. Everybody was with Flack with his loss even though not all of us agreed with the possible shooting he did...

Seriously, I'm pissed lol I'm not saying Carmine/Harper (another one that is always stellar IMO)/AJ don't deserve anything, but isn't it time Eddie get some recognition for his hard work? That being said... I would be very happy for AJ to win because he's been amazing at bringing something completly different than the others to the show. He got his own energy with his character and it's palpable when he comes on screen : you know AJ is in the house and it's always refreshing to see his character. Or I'm just talking for myself here :lol:. I'm not impartial, I love geeks.

Did nominations go in before "Pay Up" aired, or after? Because maybe that could be the difference...

Although, Eddie's acting with the whole thing with Sam in the episode where he finds out she's an alcoholic (the name escapes me... story of my life haha) is worthy of an Emmy.

But I have to be honest, I'm souped to see AJ made the ballot. :D

Well, I didn`t see Danny being in love with her at that point, so I can`t see how her telling him she`d get over him should`ve hurt him.
I don't think Danny was in love at that point either, but Danny is a very reactive character. He's easily hurt and cares very much about what people think about him--remember how upset he got in "On the Job" when Mac told him people had told him not to hire Danny? I think Danny's whole relationship with Lindsay has been largely reactive--her interest in him sparked his interest in her, and then her telling him she loved him similarly caused a reaction in him. Danny reacts to people desiring him--it's what he did with Rikki, and I think the same is true of Lindsay. So I do think it was intended to hurt him because let's face it, everyone knows Danny is sensitive (understatement of the year, lol).
I think Danny had a thing for Lindsay before she was interested in him, to be honest, there is nothing to indicate (that I can think of) Lindsay was interested in him first, as I also got the opposite impression.

As far the the Rikki thing goes it is possible that she knew/thought something was going on - whether she said anything to indicate that to Danny we'll probably never know because a lot of their relationship is off screen. And again if she tried to reach out to him, talk to him it is entirely possible that he did shut her out - we really don't know since it wasn't on screen.

And for Lindsay telling Stella to leave her alone - I'm not really sure how it works but I'm pretty sure that her immediate boss is Mac (not Stella) and then up the chain to Gillian and Sinclair and whoever else.

I still don’t necessarily see them as close friends outside of work. If they were that close, I’d expect Lindsay to have been more open with Stella during the chemicals discussion instead of making up some flimsy story about a friend. And I’d think Stella might have responded differently too since she seemed to guess Lindsay was the “friend” in question.
Yeah, but I don't think it was that long after Danny told a white lie to Hawkes about how Lindsay had met the victim when she went to get a flu shot. I think Lindsay was probably still trying to deal with it herself at that point and clearly hadn't gone around telling people - I got the impression that she had pretty much kept it to herself.

Last edited:
mmm I am very happy for all of them and mainly for Grounds for Deception. Melina wrote a great and emotional episode and being in that list (even if it is not chosen later) makes it worth. Gary told Melina he enjoyed the episode a lot so he is the best word to me :)
Also i am very happy for Yarzheit because those episodes were at the top of my preferences so any of both will make me very happy

Regarding Kaye Sullivan, I can only explain it if Anna is written out (not killed just leaving her character raising baby Lucy at home). And probably producers were cryptic and nobody knew a new character was going to be added (maybe some unknown actress with a cheaper salary than Emmanuelle's????? ). My only hope Stella does get a new girl friend!!!!

I really don't understand why Eddie wasn't put on the ballot. :wtf: I love AJ, Carmine and Hill, but Eddie is at least as good as all three of them (and arguably better than one or more of those guys, depending on who you ask).
I'm just excited to see CSINY nominated for the Emmys, period. Have they ever been before?

But I have to be honest, I'm souped to see AJ made the ballot. :D
Lol, I feel bad, but yeah, I have to admit surprise about AJ Buckley. Same with Hill Harper. Not that they're not great actors, just that they're such...well, background characters. Whereas Eddie Cahill has basically been front and center since the beginning. Question, has Cahill ever been nominated for an Emmy before, or is this just the first season that they've kept him off the roster?

Agreed--I felt like Sara had ties with other people on the team. She had a friendship with Nick as well.
I disagree - I think Sara was friendly with other people on the team when it came to work, including Nick. I can't remember any instances of strong friendship between them. In the same way Lindsay is friendly with Mac and Hawkes and whoever else. She may not be particularly close with these people, but their rapport likewise indicates a friendly-enough relationship, even if entirely work-related.

As for them being together or not being together...I assumed they were because of her being upset over him forgetting her birthday and because she was trying to get him to have lunch with her (and offered to buy). That seemed coupley to me, at least on her part.
I guess I can see how that might mean they were couple-y, although ugh. I didn't have a problem with Danny sleeping with Rikki, mostly because I figured he was basically free to do so. It's harder to reconcile now - not to mention makes so much less sense that instead of doing the right thing, breaking it off with Lindsay and sticking with Rikki, he spent the next four episodes on Lindsay's back.

I agree the whole RND exchange was ambiguous. I do think, however, even if Lindsay partly wanted to wake Danny up with her statement, she had every intention of going through with her words. That's why the "begging for forgiveness" was :brickwall: for me in S4. He should have just let it go - if he was with Lindsay when he slept with Rikki, he obviously couldn't have wanted it that badly anyway. Lindsay seemed ready enough to be friendly-coworkers with him the way she is with everyone else, as the Jaws exchange in Like Water for Murder indicated. I do think there is a point where avoidance stops being bratty punishment and starts being clear self-preservation, and I think that's the point Lindsay was at. She no longer seemed to be mad at him as far as his just being a coworker went. It was only when Danny started pushing for them to talk as something other than coworkers that she kept shooting him down. I don't see that as a fair thing for him to ask, especially given that I now think it's only his guilty conscience that was making him ask.

I didn't see her pushing him away until after she'd reeled him in. Lindsay went out of her way to get Danny to notice her and be around her--going to great lengths to prove him wrong about knowing Mac best and then inviting him out (and buying him drinks) to show him, and then having him help her with the experiment in "Cool Hunter" (which involved carrying her :rolleyes: ) and promised him drinks in return. She ate bugs with the guy! She was pretty obvious about her attraction, but when he responded in kind, she pushed him away.
I totally agree that their S2 relationship made her crush embarassingly clear, but I don't think the writers broke with consistency regarding Lindsay's distance with people. To me the date in Stuck on You was at least as awkward as any of Lindsay's informal exchanges with Stella are. And it was the one time they'd hung out after work - even then there was a backdrop of work since their boss was present. Even if Lindsay and Danny had hooked up in S2, it would've been the kind of relationship Danny had with...Cindy,for example. Together for fun, nothing really personal discussed. They might literally have been coworkers who just slept together. I think this was the sort of attraction Lindsay had in mind, and I agree that she was perfectly honest about that attraction.

What I don't think she had in mind was anything that got too personal. Even in S2, she'd push him away - or back away herself (I'm thinking Run Silent) - when things got too personal. She brushed him off when he asked her what was wrong twice in All Access. She was on edge during Stealing Home, but she never told Danny why - Danny just guessed and went to Mac about it. She brushed him off when he asked about her cut in Charge of this Post. She was fine when Danny started responding to her crush - that was sometime in mid-S2. It was when things got too personal that she pushed him away.

Also, I think the fact that (apparently) Stella was not named as godmother to Lucy says something about the degree of closeness and how that relationship is viewed as opposed to one with Mac. Frankly, I’m still scratching my head about why Mac was selected as godfather because I don’t see his relationship with Danny and Lindsay as having that type of depth and history either. (And that’s not even getting into some of the issues around Mac’s personality and lifestyle.)
Yeah, don't get me started on how they chose Mac to be godfather. It's why I didn't put much stock into Stella's not being chosen as godmother...it was just weird how it was the man who was comparatively least involved in the whole labour fiasco that was finally chosen to be the godfather.

Last edited:
I think the producers makes all the decision..! and yeah, both CSI and CSI NY made it but not CSI Miami.

Really, Grounds of Deception? Are they out of their mind? Fanfiction award can, but for Emmy's? give me break!

Anyways, as for the deadlines

I quote " Entries will be accepted online until April 24, 2009. All entries, whether the program has already aired or will air between April 24 and May 31, MUST be entered by April 24. For example, a program still in editing without a final music score must be entered by the editor and the composer by April 24." click HERE for more info

I think Danny had a thing for Lindsay before she was interested in him, to be honest, there is nothing to indicate (that I can think of) Lindsay was interested in him first, as I also got the opposite impression.

In "Fare Game," "Stuck on You" and "Cool Hunter," Lindsay went out of her way to see Danny--in the latter two, outside of work. I remember at one point her seeming a little down when he walked away from her while she was still talking to him (in "Stuck on You"). She bought him drinks/offered to buy him drinks in two episodes. She even ate the bug dinner he bought for the team! :lol: To me that indicates she definitely had an interest in him.

As far the the Rikki thing goes it is possible that she knew/thought something was going on - whether she said anything to indicate that to Danny we'll probably never know because a lot of their relationship is off screen. And again if she tried to reach out to him, talk to him it is entirely possible that he did shut her out - we really don't know since it wasn't on screen.

We can't really assume things we didn't see happened, unless we're directly told about them by one of the characters. To assume she went to him off screen, or suspected something about Rikki off screen, is a big leap.

And for Lindsay telling Stella to leave her alone - I'm not really sure how it works but I'm pretty sure that her immediate boss is Mac (not Stella) and then up the chain to Gillian and Sinclair and whoever else.

Stella outranks her, and was the lead CSI on the case Lindsay was on. Hence, Stella was in charge. Regardless, the way Lindsay talked to her was inappropriate, and would have been inappropriate no matter who it was. It would have been rude to talk to Adam that way, but because it was Stella, someone who outranks Lindsay, it was insubordinate, too.

Yeah, but I don't think it was that long after Danny told a white lie to Hawkes about how Lindsay had met the victim when she went to get a flu shot. I think Lindsay was probably still trying to deal with it herself at that point and clearly hadn't gone around telling people - I got the impression that she had pretty much kept it to herself.

Yeah, but if she and Stella were actually close friends, it would have been an opportunity for her to confide in Stella.

I guess I can see how that might mean they were couple-y, although ugh. I didn't have a problem with Danny sleeping with Rikki, mostly because I figured he was basically free to do so. It's harder to reconcile now - not to mention makes so much less sense that instead of doing the right thing, breaking it off with Lindsay and sticking with Rikki, he spent the next four episodes on Lindsay's back.

Both Peter Lenkov and Carmine have gone on record saying Danny didn't cheat, that what happened with Rikki happened during a "cooled off" period in Danny and Lindsay's relationship. I've always read it that Lindsay thought they were more serious than Danny did. When Lindsay didn't reach out to him after Ruben's death, he turned away from her and figured they were done--kind of without telling her.

I agree the whole RND exchange was ambiguous. I do think, however, even if Lindsay partly wanted to wake Danny up with her statement, she had every intention of going through with her words. That's why the "begging for forgiveness" was :brickwall: for me in S4. He should have just let it go - if he was with Lindsay when he slept with Rikki, he obviously couldn't have wanted it that badly anyway.

I don't think Danny knew what he wanted at that point--I think he was just grieving. He didn't want Rikki to hate him for being responsible for her kid's death--so he slept with her. He didn't want Lindsay to hate him for pulling away/not being as into her as she was to him--so he slept with her (at the end of "Personal Foul," when TPTB have said their kid was conceived). Danny clearly uses sex as a band aid of sorts--I'm still not entirely sure who or what he wanted himself in season four, and I don't think he knew, either. He did want that baby in season five though, that's for sure.

Lindsay seemed ready enough to be friendly-coworkers with him the way she is with everyone else, as the Jaws exchange in Like Water for Murder indicated. I do think there is a point where avoidance stops being bratty punishment and starts being clear self-preservation, and I think that's the point Lindsay was at. She no longer seemed to be mad at him as far as his just being a coworker went. It was only when Danny started pushing for them to talk as something other than coworkers that she kept shooting him down. I don't see that as a fair thing for him to ask, especially given that I now think it's only his guilty conscience that was making him ask.

Yeah, I agree a good part of it was self-preservation on Lindsay's part. I think Danny was trying to make it right because he thought he should and did want things to be okay with them again. I think it was partially punishment though--she had her say, why not let him say his piece? It seemed cruel to dump all of that on a grieving guy and then not let him say what he needed to say in return.

I totally agree that their S2 relationship made her crush embarassingly clear, but I don't think the writers broke with consistency regarding Lindsay's distance with people. To me the date in Stuck on You was at least as awkward as any of Lindsay's informal exchanges with Stella are.

Really? I actually thought that was kind of cute--the way she bought him a drink and watched him with a big smile on her face when he watched Mac play...I was actually kind of rooting for her then.

And it was the one time they'd hung out after work - even then there was a backdrop of work since their boss was present. Even if Lindsay and Danny had hooked up in S2, it would've been the kind of relationship Danny had with...Cindy,for example. Together for fun, nothing really personal discussed. They might literally have been coworkers who just slept together. I think this was the sort of attraction Lindsay had in mind, and I agree that she was perfectly honest about that attraction.

I'm not sure either of them was going to start something casual with someone they worked with, although Danny did imply that in "Love Run Cold," but that could have been a defense mechanism since she stood him up. Either way, I kind of thought they were getting to know/like each other in season two. It's the only season I found them palatable as a couple--though even back then I did have some reservations.

What I don't think she had in mind was anything that got too personal. Even in S2, she'd push him away - or back away herself (I'm thinking Run Silent) - when things got too personal.

In RSRD, I thought she went out of her way for him by bringing the DNA to him rather than Mac first. That was the first time I realized that her feelings for him ran far, far deeper than a crush.

She brushed him off when he asked her what was wrong twice in All Access. She was on edge during Stealing Home, but she never told Danny why - Danny just guessed and went to Mac about it. She brushed him off when he asked about her cut in Charge of this Post. She was fine when Danny started responding to her crush - that was sometime in mid-S2. It was when things got too personal that she pushed him away.

I didn't really see her pushing him away in season two--I thought some of that was just her emerging abrasive personality. I remember in "Heroes" she was fishing for information about Danny and Aiden's relationship from Stella. She didn't start pushing him away until season three--after they'd already made plans to go out on a date.

I think the producers makes all the decision..! and yeah, both CSI and CSI NY made it but not CSI Miami.

Really, Grounds of Deception? Are they out of their mind? Fanfiction award can, but for Emmy's? give me break!

Anyways, as for the deadlines

I quote " Entries will be accepted online until April 24, 2009. All entries, whether the program has already aired or will air between April 24 and May 31, MUST be entered by April 24. For example, a program still in editing without a final music score must be entered by the editor and the composer by April 24." click HERE for more info

Yeah, "Pay Up" was totally eligible, though it's likely it hadn't been through the final editing process yet. They did at that point think it was going to air a week later. So maybe that has something to do with it? Either way, Eddie was great in that episode, and really deserved to be submitted.

I'm just excited to see CSINY nominated for the Emmys, period. Have they ever been before?
This isn't the actual nominations, though - this is the episodes/people submitted for consideration. The nominations will come from the ballot, but that doesn't necessarily mean someone from CSI:NY will get nominated. (I think almost everyone on the cast was submitted last season, but nobody ended up on the final nominee list.)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of that, though. :)

^No, you're right. And really, it's an uphill battle for anyone from a procedural to get nominated for an Emmy anyway. They tend to prefers straight up dramas (a la Grey's Anatomy, Mad Men, etc.).

They nominated that festering turd? Why not "Dead Inside" or "Pay Up?" Those were light years better than the Melina Kanakaredes strokefest. I can only assume they thought it had the best chance of making the ballot since Melina's name was so firmly attached.

"Grounds for Deception" being submitted is absolutely laughable and Eddie not being submitted is absolutely unforgivable.

ETA: I just looked at the submissions and both Anna Belknap and Eddie have been submitted.

"Grounds for Deception" being submitted is absolutely laughable and Eddie not being submitted is absolutely unforgivable.

ETA: I just looked at the submissions and both Anna Belknap and Eddie have been submitted.
So, Eddie has been submitted for Best Supporting Actor? ~Snoopy Dance of joy~ Yes, I know it's just to make the ballot and that he likely won't, and that even if he makes the ballot, he'll be destroyed by Patient With Ingrown Pubic Hair from Grey's Anatomy, but at least he's on there.

Anna Belknap...I just...WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back