CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for posting that promo, fiery! i can't honestly say that i'm looking foward to it but i'm gonna watch it for sure. :\ like someone posted here just before, i never thought i'd be much of a miami viewer but after the lastest events (and the lovely premiere they got), i am. :p

Sorry Top, but that comment stated to me was personal and my response was not necessarily directed to the individual did not say that person was gullible and easily amused, I just said I was not.

FWIW, I don't think that comment was meant with any malice at all.

My point wasn't that Flack couldn't possibly screw up or that I want him to throw himself into his work. I was pointing out the wild difference between what tptb said and what they're actually going with :).

Maybe they read the comments over here and saw we were expecting a little more than him throwing himself into his work. :lol:

I gotta say, Flack becoming an alcoholic is wow, quite a storyline, but I can't wait to see what Eddie does with the material. Sounds like Flack is really going to hit rock bottom. This storyline is definitely interesting to me--I'm glad TPTB moved away from the plan to have him just throw himself into work.

I gotta say, I'm glad Flack is the one falling apart and being really reckless instead of Danny. It's so much more surprising and unexpected for Flack. And Danny handling himself fairly well (with some understandable depression) is also kind of unexpected and refreshing. It's nice to see the writers really making an effort to make this season exciting and unexpected. It feels very fresh to me!

an effort to make this season exciting and unexpected. It feels very fresh to me!
Fresh maybe for some characters. And I am glad one of them is Don. Also i expect Sheldon's storyline to be a good one. But i seriously doubt on teh Stella/Adam "loveeeeeee"

It was a plain sabbotage against my fav character. I wanted to leave but i am staying just because I want to express what someone who really loves CSI NY and Stella Bonasera is feeling!

Fresh maybe for some characters. And I am glad one of them is Don. Also i expect Sheldon's storyline to be a good one.

Me too. It sounds like some seriously great stuff is in the works for Flack and Hawkes, and it's about time! I'm really, really thrilled about that.

But i seriously doubt on teh Stella/Adam "loveeeeeee"

It was a plain sabbotage against my fav character. I wanted to leave but i am staying just because I want to express what someone who really loves CSI NY and Stella Bonasera is feeling!

I'm glad you're still here, and you definitely have every right to feel that way, but I guess what I don't understand is why what Stella did was so terrible. She had consensual sex with a nice guy and both agreed it was a good experience. That might be it or it might turn into more... but I don't see why it's so terrible. I think the point of the finale is that the shooting changed everyone, or made everyone react in unexpected ways. Stella and Adam's actually (so far) seems like one of the healthier reactions, actually. Lindsay's was probably the most positive, and Flack's understandably being the worst.

Wow. Alcoholic Flack. I didn't see this one coming. I did think that Flack dealing with things by throwing himself into his work was a little bit lame, but I still didn't quite expect this. Whilst TPTB certainly didn't suggest that Sam would be back any time soon, I hope they take this opportunity to have some mention of her. I'm not sure how I feel about Flack suddenly becoming an alcoholic, or of the suggestion that he's a chronic screw up, because both seem un-Flack like and OOC to me, but I am at least confident that Eddie will be totally awesome with the material. :)

I do hope this doesn't mean that after Flack gets beat up he realises that the way he's been living his life since losing Jess is wrong, and starts to pick up the pieces and begins getting his life back.

Yeah, I actually think it could mean just that. To be honest I would personally never expect or want this to drag on too long. I could all be a little bit too dark and depressing. I'm just happy that it wasn't all completely forgotten about by episode 2. :lol: I want snarky Flack back with his good one liners.

Wow. Alcoholic Flack. I didn't see this one coming. I did think that Flack dealing with things by throwing himself into his work was a little bit lame, but I still didn't quite expect this. Whilst TPTB certainly didn't suggest that Sam would be back any time soon, I hope they take this opportunity to have some mention of her. I'm not sure how I feel about Flack suddenly becoming an alcoholic, or of the suggestion that he's a chronic screw up, because both seem un-Flack like and OOC to me, but I am at least confident that Eddie will be totally awesome with the material. :)

To be perfectly honest, I kind of did, I mean, alcoholism does run in families, and I always wondered about Sam and if Flack had the same problem... :(

My biggest concern is, as always when CSI: NY tackles something difficult or challenging, that they portray it accurately. If Flack becomes and alcoholic, goes to rehab, and it 'OMGTEHCURED' in the span of two or three episodes, I'm going to be kind of pissed. :rolleyes:

But yes, I agree with Kristine in that for once, it will be Flack with the major problems, and maybe Danny will finally step up and show his friend how much he cares for him, because I think it's not so much that Danny never cared for Flack when he was having a hard time, it's that Flack has always had a relatively cool head and a good situation.

The more spoilers we get, the more intrigued I am about the season! :D

Can I just say I find it amusing (read: ridiculous) that in the premiere there were members of the press present wanting to find out what was happening with the shootings, plus Mac was one of the people shot at, but TPTB claims they couldn't find a way to bring back Reed. Now they're making Flack an alcoholic but they claim they can't find a way to bring back Sam. :rolleyes: :wtf:

I'm much more interested in Flack hanging with Terrance than I am in his drinking problem. Especially since they already went there with his sister. I know alcoholism runs in families, but it just seems crazy to go there with Flack when they've already done it with Sam. Especially since Sam won't be a part of the story. Different reasons for turning to drinking, I know, but still . . .

^^ I`m thinking that if they go the route of Flack getting alcoholic, they`d have to by necessity at least mention Sam (even if they can`t bring her into the story); maybe that`s what`ll make him snap out of it ? Remembering that it happened to her, and how he felt about that ?

I have to say I`m so much gladder they are moving away from the ``he`ll throw himself into work`` plotlines with Flack; I don`t see a problem with him becoming a chronic screw-up, or even being called on it by his superiors. I think the fact that the Lieutenant would even notice means he`s acknowledging what a change it is from Flack`s usually-perfect record.

My point wasn't that Flack couldn't possibly screw up or that I want him to throw himself into his work. I was pointing out the wild difference between what tptb said and what they're actually going with :). Flack throwing himself into his work wouldn't cut it - you're right, that's what Mac does. I love dark Flack and can't wait to see it play out in all it's gruesome glory but I struggle to see how anyone can describe him as a chronic screw up (if it was Danny we're talking about then I might understand it).

oh yeah, i know, i was just adding my 2pworth that i think this is a far more believable route to take than the other one. and for the record i don't think being an alcholic automatically means being a chronic screw up, just as i don't think a one-nighter with someone possibly inappropriate constitutes being a slut. bloody hell, if either of those were true, i'd be a chronically screwed up slut, and i don't think i am!

^^ I like the idea of Flack falling apart aswell but falling apart after a loved one dies and a friend is injured in a traumatic event doesn't make you a chronic screw up, especially when your behaviour prior was exemplary, it just means you're having a hard time dealing with things.

exactly!

Also not sure turning to drink to deal with traumatic events makes you an alcoholic. Although we do know there is alcoholism in his family, we have never seen any evidence that Flack has any kind of addiction.

well yes that as well, it takes a while for it to be full blown alcoholism, i think. it (addiction) can definitely run in families which again makes it more believable for me anyway, i hope they do it well.

My biggest concern is, as always when CSI: NY tackles something difficult or challenging, that they portray it accurately. If Flack becomes and alcoholic, goes to rehab, and it 'OMGTEHCURED' in the span of two or three episodes, I'm going to be kind of pissed. :rolleyes:

yeah that would piss me off too - these things don't just go away...

Now they're making Flack an alcoholic but they claim they can't find a way to bring back Sam. :rolleyes: :wtf:

yeah, that bothers me a bit too, i hope they find a way to get her back in.

an effort to make this season exciting and unexpected. It feels very fresh to me!
Fresh maybe for some characters. And I am glad one of them is Don. Also i expect Sheldon's storyline to be a good one. But i seriously doubt on teh Stella/Adam "loveeeeeee"

I have to agree. I hope I'm not offending, or sort of spamming with posts. I haven't joined any forums before, but after the knowledge of the Adam and Stella storyline, I had to put my views forward. Some things are NOT meant to be! I'd love to see that be the end of it, and for that to be one step towards more made of things for Mac and Stella. Flack is an interesting storyline, maybe going the same route as his sister, perhaps she will appear again? I'd like to see that.

ok we know that Flack is going to forget Angell and the shooting by drinking but this doesn't make him an alcoholic I mean you can drink two month and then realize it is not the way to handle the situation.

I think Flack is grieving Angell but his bigger problem is the fact he killed her murderer cold blood and that is a torture for him.

casting call and plot for episode 8, cuckoo's nest.
STORY LINE
The Compass Killer is back, and adds yet another to his circle of victims -- but this time the CSI squad knows his name; Flack's alcoholism threatens to derail his career...
So. Sounds like the writers are going ahead to make alcoholism a family affair for the Flacks, and are hurling Don into bitter self-destructiveness afterall. Not predictable at all, that. :vulcan: Sheesh. Alright. Still.

Will wait and see. Still a vague suspicion of the writers, but, will give it a chance. If there is a shot they're setting things up to bring Sam back in the future, with this as an element between them, so much the better.

[DEACON] Late 20's, African-American, a good buddy of Terrence Davis (NELLY), but almost certainly a gangster, Deacon drops by Terrence's apartment unexpectedly for a chat, and has no idea that there's a slowly-sobering NYPD detective groggily waking up in the bathroom. He's blind to the fact that he's an unwelcome guest...GUEST STAR

[LIEUTENANT WILLIAM SYTHE] Late 30's - Early 40's, OPEN ETHNICITY, a handsome, stern cop, he's the commanding officer of the detective squad, and he knows all about Flack's "personal problem" (alcoholism). A man with great respect for Detective Mac Taylor, Sythe agrees to believe Mac's story that Flack had a family emergency -- but he lets Mac know that it's BS and that Mac is covering for a chronic screw-up...ONE DAY GUEST STAR OPPOSITE GARY SINISE
Glad to hear that Nelly's making more appearances, and find it actually very interesting that he and Flack are still kinda connected. Sounds like the writers are pushing two characters from opposite ends of the spectrum towards a larger pool of shades of grey (guy with criminal ties turned informant now sheltering a cop) and a once by-the-book cop killing a suspect in vengeance now disillusioned and spiralling). Could be very good, and the dynamic they've had in the past has been really good tv. In a way I'm glad it's not looking like a Danny/Flack buddy movie to mutual recovery, but each on their own paths. That's not to say I don't want to see them also help each other, but I'm glad it's looking to be more complicated than that.

I also see a fun set up, of a cop in Terence's apartment in less than stellar shape, with an oblivious thug happily hanging out, with both Terence and Flack potentially at risk for it. Who knows if they'll be going for an ominous ambience or a humorous one. But Nelly/flack have always been fun to watch.

I don't mind that Mac's gonna be one to find a way into things to help out. Sure, yes, he's got his uber-moral code, but at the same time, we also know how protective he is of his team and the lengths he'll go, even in putting himself on the line for them. Harkens back to that scene from an earlier season where it was asked of him, "how many grenades are you going to jump on for your people." I also think he's well aware of shades of grey. If there are choices he has to make within that too, for friendship versus the job, that could be an in interesting turn of events.

I think there are several parallels between the two men, in both personal and professional temperment and focus, but I think it's wise the show is finding a different route for Flack. Especially if Mac's gonna be one (hopefully of several) to try and help him.

As far as the screw-up bit. I would find it hard to swallow if the show's gonna retro-fit that take on Flack's character into the scheme of things. I'm hoping that they are just gonna write up Sythe to be contrary, perhaps abrasive and even someone who mebbe knew Flack Sr., in order to provide someone for Mac & Don to work off of and alongside with; also that it could be hinting at unspoken of knowledge within the department of Sam's problems, especially as she's been known to stir things up deliberately and use their father's name to get out of it; lastly, perhaps imply that Flack's father may also have been both a well-known and respected cop but potentially a troubled one as well, that there could be a Flack legacy we'll get more hints and clues about. I live in hope :lol: But. We shall see.

I gotta say, Flack becoming an alcoholic is wow, quite a storyline, but I can't wait to see what Eddie does with the material. Sounds like Flack is really going to hit rock bottom. This storyline is definitely interesting to me--I'm glad TPTB moved away from the plan to have him just throw himself into work.
What I also like is the fact that this seems like it's going to be stepped out over several episodes. Like, continuity or something, a larger background for the characters that exists outside the Job, even if it stems from it. This I appreciate very much.

I gotta say, I'm glad Flack is the one falling apart and being really reckless instead of Danny. It's so much more surprising and unexpected for Flack. And Danny handling himself fairly well (with some understandable depression) is also kind of unexpected and refreshing. It's nice to see the writers really making an effort to make this season exciting and unexpected. It feels very fresh to me!
I am less surprised by this than I was by Adam and Stella. Ferf*ckssakes :lol:. Still shaking my head at that.

Danny's storyline still seems like it could be running along a very blandly predictable line. There's doubt, there's Danny & Lindsay screening what they say and reveal to each other, there's DL drama and duly shovelled Cuteness, there's gonna be rehab & physio frustrations. Meh. But when has it ever failed to rain, ya know? :p

I think the fact that Danny's still gonna be emotional and passionate within that is completely keeping within character. Similarly, I think that while Sheldon will be challenged, I'm not sure we'll see his behaviour drastically altered, just more extreme and weighty decisions being forced on him to make.

It does sort of feel like TPTB are pushing others to deviate a little further from who they are or have been, in order to see them find a way back, or find a new way altogether. Flack, definitely. Stella, sorta. I mean, if the actress is 'shockingly surprised' at material she was handed, the first time in six years, that might be an indication in itself that the behaviour written is a tad out of character and outside the usual realm :p.

I'm glad you're still here, and you definitely have every right to feel that way, but I guess what I don't understand is why what Stella did was so terrible. She had consensual sex with a nice guy and both agreed it was a good experience. That might be it or it might turn into more... but I don't see why it's so terrible. I think the point of the finale is that the shooting changed everyone, or made everyone react in unexpected ways. Stella and Adam's actually (so far) seems like one of the healthier reactions, actually. Lindsay's was probably the most positive, and Flack's understandably being the worst.
I feel very repetive in saying I don't default to viewing Adam as a victim in all this, and I don't think Stella's in the least to be somehow vilified for it. Why should either one be. I was concerned how polarizing this had the potential to be, and that the characters could suffer not just if things were written up poorly, but because it would invevitably stir strong feelings. Even for those outside teh Shipping lanes. But again. Whether ya like or loath what they do, above all TPTB want ya first and foremost to tune in.

This is all a part of what I meant when I said I didn't want their encounter to be just a gimmick to poke people and stir interest, that I didn't want Stella in particular to get the short stick again, because she deserves better, she's not always been well used by the show.

We know nothing of how and when they got together, only how they've treated each other after the fact, which by the way was with affection and respect. Besides. From all the wee snippets and comments over the seasons, Adam's famously known for his taste in unique women and social encounters. :p I'd like to think it could have been fun, er, good for both, and that both were perfectly aware of what they were doing. I think the fact that it happened, especially as an apparent spur of the moment, is an interesting presence to feed into things. A one off, and that you're still gonna see this person every day. That's kind of a fun dynamic for the show. How and why it happened could be something they still haven't deciphered :lol: What I don't want is for it to default to the possible worst of PTB handling, crappy angst melodrama soap, dragging it out as a will they/won't they slogging love affair. Aside from the shock factor, the show looks like it could be handling it well. But we've only had one show. I could well need to get some gravol.

Mebbe TPTB really are stirring up the status quo, changing things up, finding ways to prod themselves and viewers both out of taking the realm and the characters for granted. I've been mulling this. The show needed shaking up. It's far too soon to be able to glean much insight there. If that intent is there, it could be very good. As far as engaging viewing, well, it's not been scintillating stuff so far, but Epilogue was a preface as much as anything else, so I wanna see what they're gonna do with it now.

PerfectAnomaly:
Can I just say I find it amusing (read: ridiculous) that in the premiere there were members of the press present wanting to find out what was happening with the shootings, plus Mac was one of the people shot at, but TPTB claims they couldn't find a way to bring back Reed. Now they're making Flack an alcoholic but they claim they can't find a way to bring back Sam. :rolleyes: :wtf:
I agree. And yet. TPTB seem to be picky at who they're willing pay to say lines, even if they're available. They could at least make references in conversation or phone calls that these people still exist.

lisasimpson:
Also not sure turning to drink to deal with traumatic events makes you an alcoholic. Although we do know there is alcoholism in his family, we have never seen any evidence that Flack has any kind of addiction.
well yes that as well, it takes a while for it to be full blown alcoholism, i think. it (addiction) can definitely run in families which again makes it more believable for me anyway, i hope they do it well.
I suppose I could see this as part of a Screw-Up retro-fit, that they might now insert past issues Flack may once have had, and somehow has managed in the intervening years, that have now re-surfaced in coping with recent events.

Last edited:
ETA: I am slow - great post, Elwood. :)

Honestly, I'm not too concerned. It'll all depend on what actually happens in the episode, not a little blurb about one character. I'm going to try to remain optimistic that what the characters say and do in the episode will be more believable than the blurb about Lieutenant Sythe would suggest. Either way, I know Eddie will knock it out of the park. :)

It is a bit annoying that it's Mighty Mac to the rescue again, though. I agree with others that I'd like to see Danny support Flack for once, but I'd also like to see other characters there for him too - although I suppose they're trying to establish parallels between Mac and Flack now that Flack has lost the women he loved. Still, it always seems to be Mac to the rescue. :rolleyes:

I do wish we'd see Sam again, though. If anything is a good reason to bring her back, it's this storyline. I'm not holding my breath, though. It looks like TPTB will be denying the Black Hole of Continuity a steady meal this season with all of the story arcs and the repercussions from the shooting (poor BHC, I think it's sulking), so some things have to remain lost in the abyss. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back