CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I thought I'd go ahead and open a new thread since I have (most, if not all of) the spoilers together for my own use. I think I may have used a similar thread title for a previous spoiler thread, but I can't remember - and it's been a while, so I'm sure nobody minds. ;)

The previous spoiler thread can be found here.

Here are the spoilers I have so far for season 6. Be sure to let us know if I forgot any! Many many thanks to everyone who contributed these to the previous spoiler thread!! :D

6.01 "Epilogue"
    Danny is the one that was injured in the shooting - he's in a wheelchair.

A woman named Risa contacts him and says she has some information. They meet at a high rise building. When she shows up, Mac is there with Danny, hand on his gun just in case.

Risa says she needs them to protect her brother, who was somehow involved in the shooting. Before she can say much, the elevator opens and a man in dark clothing is standing inside...​

6.02 "Blacklist (Featuring Grave Digger)"
    A man is heading to a meeting in Manhattan, guided by the GPS in his car. He leaves a message for his family saying he'll be home the next night, but when he hangs up his phone and arrives at his destination, he isn't where he's supposed to be. The GPS says he has arrived, but he's in a bad part of town. He tries to call for help, but his phone won't work. The GPS turns off. He hits the button in his car for assistance, and he hears someone breathing strangely when they reply. The voice tells him he shouldn't be in that part of town, and he knows the man's name. The man can see people nearby in the dead-end alley. The car alarm goes off without warning, and the doors lock him in. There's nothing he can do as the people come closer.

The team finds the car completely stripped, but a surveillance camera leads them to some gang members who might be responsible. Meanwhile, a man sits down for lunch with a friend and orders a salad without peanut dressing - he has allergies. The waitress sends the order, but when it shows up on screen in the kitchen, the part about the peanut dressing is missing. When the man unknowingly takes a bite of his meal, he has a reaction and the waitress runs to call 911 - instead, she hears strange breathing and voice on the other end seems glad to hear that the man is dying.

Also, we get to learn more about Mac's father (and see a younger Mac). Lindsay mentions a babysitter. The only name not accounted for in the spoilers is Sid, and there is also no sign of the new girl, Kaye. (Maybe she doesn't show up immediately.)​

6.03 "LAT/LONG" ("Latitude/Longitude"? - It isn't clear whether or not the actual title will be abbreviated)
    The episode starts with a man who is clearly upset as he ties a rope into a noose. The next morning, on Ellis Island, a tour guide and a group of tourists discover a man hanging in front of an arched window with a suicide note pinned to the front of his shirt. He is a custodian that works on Ellis Island. Despite appearances, the man's death may not be a suicide after all...​

Miscellaneous:

From MegaBuzz:

Will CSI: NY add to its cast given the death of Emmanuelle Vaugier's Det. Angell? — Ted

MegaBuzz: Don't... make... Angell-gone-to-the-angels joke. Must... attempt... real answer. And it is probably no. When we asked Melina Kanakaredes if the show will run out and replace Vaugier, she said, "I doubt it, especially since there's that possibility that somebody else may go" as a result of the season finale cliffhanger. "I think we're going to stick with what we've got."​
    This is the original casting call for the new character:

[KAYE SULLIVAN] A new CSI, attractive, funny, extremely sexy, late 20s to early 30s female. Takes risks. Just two years out of graduate school with a degree in forensic science. Eager to learn. Asks a lot of questions. This is her dream job and has an unwavering and apparent desire to learn as much as possible. Her textbook knowledge eliminates any impression that she's just a rookie...SERIES REGULAR​

Lenkov inks new CBS deal:

The "CSI: NY" scribes are still on hiatus, but a couple of senior producers, including Veasey and Lenkov, already are writing the scripts for next season's opening episodes.

What is in store for the procedural in the fall? "Much more character," Lenkov said. "The mystery and the science are important, but people are just as important."​
    ~ Here is a video interview with Hill Harper where he reveals that his character hasn't been killed and that his contract runs through the end of season six.

~ To cast Kaye Sullivan (now Haylen Becall), TPTB provided three scenes that represent the character's diverse personality (but not her backstory): Natalie Greer (the DA from "Enough" that talked to Mac about the girl's testimony), Lindsay's monologue from "Right Next Door", and Peyton talking about the mummy when Mac came to her about the bruises/temperature fluctuations in "Not What it Looks Like".

From Ausiello:

Question: I read that they are casting for a new female CSI on CSI NY. Any info on if this is a replacement or an addition? In other words, is someone not returning in September? --Kate

Ausiello: I can tell you that it's not a replacement for either Anna Belknap or Melina Kanakaredes. Both are officially returning next season. Not sure about the rest of the cast.​
    From Ausiello:

Shark actress Sarah Carter has snagged the coveted new series regular role on CSI: NY, sources confirm.

Carter will play a new clean-up tech who aspires to someday work in the crime lab. We'll find out later in the season that she's hiding a secret.​
    From TV Guide:

Do you have any info on what's in store for CSI: NY's Danny and Lindsay? — Tasha

TV Guide: Danny and Lindsay will have a tough time balancing their jobs and relationship this season as they face serious pressures at both work and home. Look for both of them to face major obstacles, some of which, a show rep promises, will be their toughest yet. (We're thinking something worse than diapers.) Really, was anyone expecting domestic bliss? ​
    From TV Guide:

Can you tell us if someone actually gets hurt in the CSI: NY Season 6 opener? Everyone is talking about the rumor of Danny being shot in the drive-by. — Catie

TV Guide: A show rep promises the premiere will take viewers on a dazzling ride and answer many questions — including who lives and who dies. But CSI: NY needs to keep Danny around for storylines involving his and Lindsay's attempts to balance work, romance, and a new baby who keeps him up at nights. He'll only wish he was dead.​
    ~ Here is the latest CSI Files interview with Hill Harper

~ From TV Guide Magazine:

Sarah Carter Joins CSI: NY

Sarah Carter (Shark) is joining the cast of CSI: NY as a series regular in the fall. She will play a new clean-up tech with a desire to work in the lab, and she harbors a secret that we will find out about later in the season. The news comes as a bit of a surprise after Emmanuelle Vaugier told TV Guide Magazine that she was let go due to budget cuts at the end of season five. We talked to executive producer Pam Veasey about their decision to add a new character to Team NY.

Emmanuelle told us this spring that she was being let go for budgetary reasons. What changed?
    She was initially, but there are a lot of things that changed since then because we cut our whole budget. There was a huge budget cut with actors and salaries and writers, but ultimately, after we’d done that, what do we still need? We still needed the 18-25 demographic, and we’d been trying to get that with guest stars. And it was our plan to kill someone on our season finale. We chose her character because of what effect it has on another character. It was good storytelling. But we miss her, we love her talent.

What do we know about the new character?
    When you first meet her she doesn’t have a job with us. She becomes a person of interest—not as a criminal. She’s an eager CSI wannabe, who insinuates herself into our lives, and because of her brilliance and her wit and her charm she sort of becomes part of the system. She not a CSI and it doesn’t happen right away.

What made you add this type of character?
    Since the CSI franchise has started a lot of universities have expanded their forensics departments and a lot of students have gone into that, so our question is, what if people have graduated since then? They’re textbook, they’re not cops. All of our team are cops or went to medical school and they had other jobs that brought them in. This is someone who’s only been a textbook learner. There’s a whole bunch of forensic graduates coming out and they’re young people—how do these people get their first job. That’s our angle on the new character.​
    From TV Guide:

What's next for CSI: NY's Det. Flack, after Det. Angell's death? Will we see him grieve? — Clarisse

TV Guide: Hey, he's a tough guy, but he's not a machine. Expect to see everyone who knew Angell to mourn her loss — and for Flack to deal with it by focusing on his work. His best tribute to her, he decides, is to be the best cop he can be.​
    From TV Guide Magazine

CSI: NY's Hill Harper Is Looking for Love

CSI:NY's Hill Harper tells TVGuideMagazine.com that his character, Sheldon Hawkes, will finally get some lovin’ this season - and he’s turned to Twitter to get suggestions for who that love interest should be.

“This season there’s girls and guns,” he says. “He’s going to get a love interest later in the season, and I solicited people on Twitter to see who they think we should cast. Some people say it should be Paula Patton, some people said Sanaa Lathan, some people said Gina Torres. Thandi Newton, too. So I’m excited about that.”

Sheldon will also start carrying a gun, after the shoot-out that ended Season 5. “I’m a doctor. I haven’t been carrying a weapon, but since the season ended with us in peril, it may be time for the doctor to carry a weapon – which goes against my Hippocratic Oath.”

Harper is also excited about newly-hired cast mate Sarah Carter. “She’s fantastic. I love the way they’ve created her character. The way she's coming in to the show is pretty special,” he says. Adds costar A.J. Buckley, “I have been the lucky one who has to share the screen with her. She‘s adorable. She basically shows up and there’s some competition between her and I – some good hot girl-nerdy guy banter.”

Does that mean there’s love in the lab? “As of right now, no,” says Buckley. “But who knows where it goes? If I didn’t feel sparks I wouldn’t be a man!​
    ~ "On the set shooting all night tonight-- entire cast shooting the continuation scene of the final scene of season 5!! (From Hill Harper's Twitter)

From TV Guide:

Skeet Ulrich Joins CSI: New York for Killer Arc

Skeet Ulrich will guest for three episodes of CSI: New York as a complex and deeply disturbed killer, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively. The Jericho star's arc will send the CSIs all over New York City on one of the wildest cases of their careers. The three episodes will begin airing Oct. 7. The killer character harkens back to Ulrich's role in Scream, the horror mystery that helped make him a star.​
    The character Ulrich is playing may be referring to this one from 6.03 "LAT/LONG":

[HOLLIS] 35 - 45, He is a large and very strong, but emotionally fragile man, pale due to a vitamin deficiency. Hollis is a deeply troubled soul, fueled by a vengeance that's tempered by grief. He's terribly disfigured, with one side of face terribly marred by an accident. THREE (3) EPISODE ARC.​
    From TV Guide Magazine:

Laurence Fishburne Works Overtime on CSI

CSI’s Laurence Fishburne will work major overtime this season. The actor’s character Professor Ray Langston will crossover to both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY during November sweeps, studio confirms to TVGuideMagazine.com exclusively. The storyline will begin on Monday in Miami, continue on Wednesday in New York and wrap up the following day in Las Vegas.

This is the first time a crossover will involve all three of the CBS hit procedurals. The last crossover occurred in 2005 with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, but the episode did not involve any of the characters from the original CSI​
    ~ You can go to BelgaPicture to see some shots from season 6. You have to search for "CSI: NY" over on the left side of the page. In one of the pictures, you can see Danny in a wheelchair behind Lindsay. You can also see the first look at Sarah Carter's character, who has been renamed Haylen Becall.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Spoilers for 604 'Dead Reckoning' that I don't think we've seen yet (at least I haven't) :).
    http://spoilertv-csi.blogspot.com/search/label/CSI%20NY

I'm really excited about the physical therapist for Danny and the fact he gives up too easily. It's gonna be a tough road but Carmine will be fantastic! :)

The bit about Flack looks interesting too. I wonder if having someone ordering him to kill them will raise parallels with the season 5 finale. Interesting.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Why I'm not surprise Danny-give up quickly- I'm looking forward to seing that....

4. JellyBelly

I'm glad I'm not the only one. While I see this as such an exciting storyline for Danny, there are so many things I'm going to miss. I guess if they're gone permanently I'll get over it, as long as there are interesting things to come.

Yeah, I could see Danny being really, really down for a while... and then deciding, no, dammit, he is going to walk again. Obviously, if he's completely paralyzed from the waist down, that's that, but I wonder if it won't be something like the bullet being lodged in his spine... and then when the bullet shifts or gets removed, he can recover. I guess we'll see![/QUOTE]

Well, from the 604 spoilers it looks like you might be onto something. Danny being down and giving up too quickly will be great. He's gonna be so frustrated and angry but hopefully he will learn to channel that to have a positive impact.

I'm definitely leaning towards his injury being long term(ish) but not permanent. I think we'll see him slowly recovering and facing the ups and downs of the road ahead. I imagine that there won't be any guarantees he will walk, but that there will be a fair chance if he works hard. I think that's more interesting in terms of the impact for his character, than just being told 'that's it, you're not going to walk again'. Looking forward to it. :)

5. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

" A phantom serial killer whose HANDIWORK is popping up all accross the city " I wonder if Danny will be implicated maybe undercover ????

6. JellyBelly

I'm not really sure what you mean by that?? I suspect Danny's focus will be on his recovery - I can't see him doing any undercover work for a while.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the new thread, Fay. :)

I posted this is the previous spoiler thread, so I thought I'd bring it here too:

Please can everyone take note of the reminder posted below. As it's a new season and we've got lots of new spoilers coming out, I just thought I'd remind our new and old members alike about the guidelines to keep in mind when posting spoilers. Thanks. :)

Eta: Additional spoiler guidelines posted by Top in the previous thread:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

omg i would pay to watch that :lol:

9. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

I'm so glad to see Flack mentioned a few times in 6.04! Yeah! As far as Danny, I'm thinking since they are mentioning a physicial therapist he will be out of the wheelchair at some point. Sounds like he is going to be difficult and someone is going to have to give him a good swift kick in the butt. Flack maybe? A Tough Love moment would be nice.

10. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

If Danny is back on the job in the first or second episode, there's going to have to be a pretty big time jump to allow for him to recover enough to be able to get around properly in a chair.
    He's also going to end up pretty much stuck in the lab. I mean, whatever the crime lab policy is on people with disabilities, fact is, he's not going to be able to work crime scenes effectively while stuck in a chair. (unless they're somehow all nice and conveniently wheelchair accessible). I'm guessing Danny will be back on his feet just in time for sweeps.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

The bit about Flack looks interesting too. I wonder if having someone ordering him to kill them will raise parallels with the season 5 finale. Interesting.[/QUOTE]

LOL, TV-land. :guffaw: It's the weirdest thing to get distracted by, but I'm finding it funny that every character in that casting call is described as basically gorgeous (although varying brands of gorgeous).

I'm glad that they're planning to go long-term with this storyline. I don't know how pleased I'd be about "permanent", but it's more realistic this way; and it's good that they're taking that into account. But permanent also means personality-side-effects, not just Danny being stuck in a wheelchair...I'm hoping not to see those, like they had on "Miami" with Eric's character, because I think it'll suck to see Danny lose his reckless edge. If they do go down that route...well, it's literally going to have to be the best-planned storyline on TV to make me like it.

On Flack, though, :D Yes! I'm loving the idea of Marcia and episode 6.04...potential for flashbacks, maybe?

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thank you Fay for the summary

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

The spoiler for the first show indicates Mac and Danny are waiting for some lady at a high rise so maybe he will not be confined to the lab totally. I like Danny but I am already starting to become bored with this storyline.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That annoys me too. What's wrong with saying "this character is an average looking middle-aged housewife" or something along those lines. Why does everyone in Hollywood have to be "gorgeous". :sigh: I'd even like to see "this character is cute, but in sort of a nerdy way" in a character description once in a while. :lol:

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ couldn't agree more - i know they need to get viewers but a nod to realism would be nice, everyone being stunning just doesn't happen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.