CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke

Duke Witness

Oooh, Epi 6 looks like a great one. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Terrence's part is in that episode. Good stuff.

2. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

The news about the Flack episode sounds interesting! It's about time for Flack to get on the wounded-train again, I mean, the last time his life was really in complete peril was during Charge of This Post at the end of season 2. Perhaps more emotions will be seen with Flack possibly at rock bottom and missing?

Maybe I was just expecting too much, but the NY premiere failed to deliver the emotional kick for me, I found it seriously lacking. It just seemed like another business-as-usual kind of an episode and just so happens that one of the team was effected. The raw fear and tears were missing from what I had expected with the events that happened in Pay-Up. I feel like the writers took the easy way out with the premiere. Instead of picking up from the moment of the shooting, showing everyone's raw emotions and reactions at the shoot-out, showing the immediate effects, the chaos, the confusion, and the hurt, to me it seems that the writers decided to cheat their way out by just taking it one month later and pretty much gloss over the immediate aftermath with only a few short flashback scenes that did nothing to capture the core of those moments.

What I spent a whole summer expecting, waiting for the writers to take the bold move and go with the gut-punching emotions, instead all I got was a Mac who did a few dramatic lines, Stella and Adam having a sexy-moment, Flack looking broody, Lindsay and Danny all angsty, and Hawkes and Sid being pretty much uneffected. This was not the heart-stopping NY premiere that I was expecting and what I thought I would get from watching the promos. I didn't want to dislike the episode or feel disappointed, but I did. Instead of enjoying the episode and cheering the team on, I found myself constantly disappointed and wanting to see more and expecting more than what I was given on the screen. It just wasn't as enjoyable or as soul-stirring as the Season 5 finale had been. This premiere didn't live up to my expectations, here I thought with a season ender like NY, surely there would be more follow-up on the shooting, seeing the team lying on the floor and calling for each other, but no, all of that was reduced to two simple short scenes.:(

I wanted to see the emotions, I wanted to see those moments after the shooting, and the writers just swept over all those juicy moments, instead taking the quick way out with a simple "one month later" storyline. Instead of something new and refreshing like the Miami premiere with their back-to-the-beginning storyline, all I saw on NY was just the same old same old. I never thought the day would come when I would like a Miami episode over NY, it honestly shocked me. Normally I LOVE NY so much more than Miami, heck, I normally don't even bother to watch Miami, but after Miami's sweet and endearing premiere, they've certainly earned a viewer in me. NY hasn't lost me as a viewer, but I was expecting alot more than what they gave, hopefully they will make up for it in later episodes. I'm quite looking forward to the Flack episode that was mentioned.....:)

That being said, NY's premiere was still a solid good episode, the storylines worked out well and the actors did their job, and I would have been totally cool with it had it been a normal season episode, but I was just expecting something more dramatic and raw-emotions from a season premiere that NY just didn't deliver on an emotional level, especially with that heart-stopping moment at the end of season 5, it just felt anticlimatic in the emotional sense.

Oh well, here's me hoping that later NY episodes will deliver what the premiere couldn't do for me. I still have faith in NY, so I shall be patient!;)

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

You can add Adam to the "bounced back" catagory. After his night in the cheap hotel with his Magic Mama he was be- boppin around ready to "Pimp Dannys ride".:rolleyes: ..And where was Flack in the final "Touching moments". Of all people to leave out but then again he does seem to get over shadowed by D/L drama. I hope it pours for a week straight so we get rid of Danny in the wheel chair but I'm sure there will be something about D/L waiting in the wings to replace it. And the new girl is annoying and after last night now I know how Flack feels... I miss Angel too.

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Guys, episode discussion and reviews of 601 are more appropriate for the "Epilogue" grading thread than the spoiler thread. Thanks. :)

Not cool at all. Simply because someone does not agree with you doesn't make them either "gullible" or "easily amused." Please don't get personal with your comments--everyone here is entitled to his or her own opinion.

5. lulu56dl

lulu56dl Civilian

how u know that

6. lulu56dl

lulu56dl Civilian

how u know that

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

vegaslights was making a joke. ;)

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Not cool at all. Simply because someone does not agree with you doesn't make them either "gullible" or "easily amused." Please don't get personal with your comments--everyone here is entitled to his or her own opinion.

9. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

casting call and plot for episode 8, cuckoo's nest.

10. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Flack - chronic screw-up? excuse me? have I missed something?

11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^ I think I must've missed it too :)

Wow! What the heck happened to Flack dealing with everything by being the best he can be at his job, isn't that what PV (or one of tptb) said a while back? Aw, poor Flack, he's not a screw up, let alone a chronic one. Well, ok maybe he does screw up over the next few weeks but that hardly makes it a chronic problem. Good ol' Mac to the rescue - here's hoping that Danno gets a look in this time :)

12. Duke

Duke Witness

Oh wait, I'm having second thoughts about just how great this episode is going to be. :shifty:

I do hope this doesn't mean that after Flack gets beat up he realises that the way he's been living his life since losing Jess is wrong, and starts to pick up the pieces and begins getting his life back.

:scream:

Nooooo! Not after only 6 episodes! Damn you TPTB!

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i dunno, i'd rather that than that whole "throws himself into his work" crap. that's mac's job! i'd much rather see a character dealing with a major trauma in a realistic way (and let's face it, finding your best friend floating in the bottom of a glass is a pretty normal and realistic reaction) - to me the whole "best cop" thing didn't quite ring true, i would've thought after all that happened flack would be more likely to be disillusioned with his job, not more keen to be good at it. to me the booze and women route seems infinitely more believable. plus it'll give him (and presumably gary, according to the spoiler above) some great material to work with - different from his usual material so probably more challenging, and it'll be interesting to see flack's dark side. and it might be an opportunity to bring sam back, even though tptb have pretty much denied that'll happen. even so, bring it on!

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

^^ I like the idea of Flack falling apart aswell but falling apart after a loved one dies and a friend is injured in a traumatic event doesn't make you a chronic screw up, especially when your behaviour prior was exemplary, it just means you're having a hard time dealing with things.

Also not sure turning to drink to deal with traumatic events makes you an alcoholic. Although we do know there is alcoholism in his family, we have never seen any evidence that Flack has any kind of addiction.

15. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

My point wasn't that Flack couldn't possibly screw up or that I want him to throw himself into his work. I was pointing out the wild difference between what tptb said and what they're actually going with :). Flack throwing himself into his work wouldn't cut it - you're right, that's what Mac does. I love dark Flack and can't wait to see it play out in all it's gruesome glory but I struggle to see how anyone can describe him as a chronic screw up (if it was Danny we're talking about then I might understand it).

So, it hasn't played out yet and we don't know what's going to happen between now and then but to call anyone a chronic anything would suggest it's a long standing problem. Flack screwing up isn't a long standing problem and is in direct response to loss and guilt for something that happened on the job. I can see where this is going - Mac gets to be the understanding and supportive one whereas Flack's direct boss is a jerk about it.

I'm kinda hoping that they're using that as an opening to bring Sam back in. They said they had no plans to bring her back as yet but then again they also said Flack was going to throw himself into work etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.