CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spoilers are awsome!!! I think this year is going to be a good year.
I love that they are giving storylines to both Hawks and Flack this year.

Many of us are wondering why Ray gets the crossover despite being the newest team member...He's just a CSI 1, well 2 now.
I don't really understand why, but since he's basically Grissom's replacement so he's the lead. I don't know why the CSI shows can not have a female character with the leading role. I think after Grissom left and Catherine got his job, she should have become the lead character - not Langston.

But, in the Crossover (with Miami) it was Catherine & Warrick that went to Miami, Grissom didn't go. However, with Felony Fight & Manhattan Manhunt, Mac went to Miami and then Horatio came to New York (which is also what happened with MIA/NYC NonStop - Horatio went to New York).

Yeah, he gets beaten up in that one and ends up going to see Nelly's character.

I just came across this little tidbit from Josie Davis from "Lat/Long" (she played Skeet's character's girlfriend/wife/whatever):

I'm playing a ghost on three episodes of CSI NEW YORK, when a serial murderer hits town.
So I guess that proves y'all were right about her being a ghost.

CSI Crossover

CBS is planning a "CSI" extravaganza for November sweeps -- star Laurence Fishburne (Dr. Raymond Langston) will appear in all three scene-of-the-crime shows in one week, and the whole thing wraps up on the flagship "CSI" on Nov. 12. Mild spoilers about the episodes follow.

Langston will first visit "CSI: Miami" on Nov. 9; he travels south in an episode titled "Bone Voyage" to investigate a case with ties to Las Vegas. Fishburne and "CSI: Miami" star David Caruso are pictured at left; perhaps Langston and Horatio Caine are talking about cool sunglasses, which Langston is still sporting when he arrives in New York on Nov. 11 (Fishburne and "CSI: NY" star Gary Sinise are pictured at right).

In that "CSI: NY" episode, "Hammer Down," according to CBS, "a big-rig accident results in the discovery of an interstate trucking ring that specializes in human cargo and black-market organ harvesting, and sets off a race against time to save a hostage."

The three-part crossover concludes on Nov. 12 on "CSI." In that episode, viewers will learn more about what Langston is investigating: "a nationwide human trafficking network that abducts young girls forces them into prostitution," according to David Weddle, who penned the episode with his writing partner, Bradley Thompson.

Ubiquitious guest star Mark Sheppard, who played Romo Lampkin on "Battlestar Galactica" (a character who knew a thing or two about shades), has a guest role in that Nov. 12 "CSI" episode. Sheppard, who has a credit list as long as your arm and apparently by law must appear on every scripted show in existence, also appears on USA's new show "White Collar" Oct. 23 and "Supernatural" on Nov. 19.

Source: Chicago Tribune

Definitively not sound like a team episode, more like a Langston show, the more I read the more I want to pass this one.

Thanks for the info, Perl! I'm not sure I'll be watching the episode because I might get a bit lost if I don't watch the other two shows and I'm not going to watch them. I don't have the time or the endurance to stand Horatio Almighty Caine.

CSI Crossover

CBS is planning a "CSI" extravaganza for November sweeps -- star Laurence Fishburne (Dr. Raymond Langston) will appear in all three scene-of-the-crime shows in one week, and the whole thing wraps up on the flagship "CSI" on Nov. 12. Mild spoilers about the episodes follow.

Langston will first visit "CSI: Miami" on Nov. 9; he travels south in an episode titled "Bone Voyage" to investigate a case with ties to Las Vegas. Fishburne and "CSI: Miami" star David Caruso are pictured at left; perhaps Langston and Horatio Caine are talking about cool sunglasses, which Langston is still sporting when he arrives in New York on Nov. 11 (Fishburne and "CSI: NY" star Gary Sinise are pictured at right).

In that "CSI: NY" episode, "Hammer Down," according to CBS, "a big-rig accident results in the discovery of an interstate trucking ring that specializes in human cargo and black-market organ harvesting, and sets off a race against time to save a hostage."

The three-part crossover concludes on Nov. 12 on "CSI." In that episode, viewers will learn more about what Langston is investigating: "a nationwide human trafficking network that abducts young girls forces them into prostitution," according to David Weddle, who penned the episode with his writing partner, Bradley Thompson.

Ubiquitious guest star Mark Sheppard, who played Romo Lampkin on "Battlestar Galactica" (a character who knew a thing or two about shades), has a guest role in that Nov. 12 "CSI" episode. Sheppard, who has a credit list as long as your arm and apparently by law must appear on every scripted show in existence, also appears on USA's new show "White Collar" Oct. 23 and "Supernatural" on Nov. 19.

Source: Chicago Tribune

YAWN. Haven't human trafficking and organ harvesting both been done, redone and overdone by this franchise??

Human trafficking, definitely. Again... and again... and again. Just last season on CSI: NY. Last season on CSI, too, I think. And two seasons ago on Miami.

Organ harvesting feels like it's been done a bit less, but I could be wrong about that. I know "Point of No Return" was sort of about that, but with a very different spin, different enough that it won't feel like a retread.

But poor, helpless girls being forced into the sex trade? Oh, we've seen that before. Again and again and again.

Yeah, it really doesn't sound like much of a team episode. I'm hoping maybe it'll be like "Manhattan Manhunt"...Langston isn't as likely to steal the spotlight as Horatio did, and the other characters still got a bit of decent screentime in that episode.

I will pitch something at the TV if Horatio and Langston actually do start discussing sunglasses. Even during the Miami premiere, it was more irritating than funny that Horatio's sunglasses got an entire mini-storyline.

I know alot of people are sick of the human trafficking, but I understand why shows are writing them. Human trafficking is beoming a big problem and letting people know that its happening and what they do the people that are being trafficking, it gives people alittle heads up. Doing on pouplular tv gets the point across because not alot of teens - young adults watch the news.

^ The problem is not that they depict human trafficking again and again, but how they do it. The good guys always get the bad guys and save the poor, scared girls who cry with joy and thankfulness and there is no more suffering in the world. That's absurd. I want to see an episode where they catch some bad guys, but, for instance, we see one of them making his call from jail talking to an invisible boss somewhere to show things are not beautiful or easy to solve and that there's still a lot to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back