CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say Hawkes will do anything unethical. I said he could make a mistake thinking is for the right reason

Regarding Danny Drama, Carmine will do a fantastic job! i have no doubts about him (pity for me because i don't like Danny Drama)

Who better to play that than Carmine?
i think about Melina being capable of great acting in a dramatic scene... Only i don't think writers will do that this season. I think they will preserve that storyline for her for next seasons (her foster sister running away because of her is still a pending storyline. I think sooner or later she will suffer the consequences of her acts)

Debbie :D
I agree with everyone who says that Hawkes wouldn't do anything unethical, but that he might make a mistake thinking he's doing the right thing. Even if his 'friend' (who I hate already for messing with Hawkes) had something on him that could end his career, I can't see Hawkes being blackmailed into doing anything unethical. Some SD-esque ass-kickin' would be WONDERFUL. I love Geeky/SuperBrainHawkes, but I do like it when he gets all pissy and in kick-ass mode.

I'd love to see a follow up to the Tanglewood storyline involving Danny (and Louie, please, TPTB!), and also a story where Stella has to deal with the consequences of letting her foster sister escape.

Roll on s5! *jumps up and down impatiently*

Oh yeah. I think it would be way OOC for Hawkes to do something unethical on purpose. However, he might try to hide what's going on with his "Friend" from Mac and the rest of the team, and get into hot water with that. Hawkes running his own investigation and kicking some ass, yes please.

I just welcome the potential development for his character. It's been far too long without Anything on him. Everyone else has had good storylines except him. He needs it.

And yes, I welcome anything on Louie. Even a mention of his name would be nice!

Ditto on the Stella stuff. I'd like to know what, if anything she shared about the situation with others, or what fallout it could/did cause.

Indeed, bring on Season 5

Here's my question about Danny going over the edge: Once a CSI suffers a severe nervous breakdown and has to be admitted into a mental hospital or something, what are the chances of him ever returning to work?

It's doubtful he'll be hired again, right? :eek: If Danny ends up losing it that bad, it could be he'll lose his job ... and then what?

Here's my question about Danny going over the edge: Once a CSI suffers a severe nervous breakdown and has to be admitted into a mental hospital or something, what are the chances of him ever returning to work?

It's doubtful he'll be hired again, right? :eek: If Danny ends up losing it that bad, it could be he'll lose his job ... and then what?

It all depends. If he goes all wacky but then recovers he would probably be given a desk job if they then thought he was stable enough. But it's highly unlikely he would get his old job back even if he were to recover from a breakdown.

Also they could retire him and he would get his pension depending on things like what caused it the breakdown and what were his actions. But if he did something like lost it and then shot a bunch of people, he would be out for good.

Last edited:
Idk, i think Danny going to the nut house a bit much, but i could see an intervention of sorts, i know they did a slight bit with flack last season, but a visit to grandma nut's? honestly? I think the writers really need this year to keep from jumping that shark.

Idk, i think Danny going to the nut house a bit much, but i could see an intervention of sorts
Yeah, I'm not sure how they could work an actual stay in the loony bin into the storyline and have it be at all realistic - but maybe things get rocky and it looks like he might go in that direction, but he pulls back before going over the top...

As for Hawkes, there's no way in hell they could convince me that he'd compromise his ethics by compromising evidence. That being said, I'm interested to see how that story plays out. :) Any chance for Hill Harper to do something other than stand in the background and look pretty is great as far as I'm concerned. ;)

I don't know. It depends on wheter it's work related/his work had been suffering for it. He might be cleared to come back to work if he passes the psych eval.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they could work an actual stay in the loony bin into the storyline and have it be at all realistic - but maybe things get rocky and it looks like he might go in that direction, but he pulls back before going over the top...

However, I'm thinking/hoping they don't end up involuntarily committing him, just some sort of intervention like Flack did, where they make him see a counselor or something would be good. That would work better than the Hospitalization, because we'd get good drama out of it, especially because Danny doesn't care much for "shrink types" so he'd be reluctant/resistant.

Note that on other shows, they've had characters who've had to take leaves of absence for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. They might end up doing that with him. I think that'd work. Then, he could come back and be able to work.

:lol: Carmine's amusing statement in his latest interview with CSI Files that Danny may end up in an asylum in season five.

vegaslights said:

I'm confused. What brought up the talk about Danny being committed into a psych ward? :confused:
It's because we like to torture those we love. :D

You mean me? ;) :p

I don't see Danny ending up in a mental hospital, to be honest. I just don't see why. If he could survive the "On the Job" scenario, then honestly, I think he can do just fine. ;)

I can't see Hawkes deliberately doing something unethical either, but it would be interesting to see him running his own private investigation involving his friend. It would be heartbreaking for him to uncover evidence that his friend is involved in a crime and have to end up convicting him - great opportunity for Hawkes to shine emotionally!

I'll jump on the Tanglewood Boys bandwagon, too; I'd love to see the threat of Sonny Sassone rearing it's ugly head all the way from a jail cell (I always thought Sonny was an excellent villian!) :) And yeah, I could see Sonny's boys going after Danny instead of Mac, since it was Danny's brother that eventually led to Sonny's final downfall - all to clear Danny's name. Great dramatic opportunity for everyone involved there (not to mention a little much-needed continuity!) ;)

(Shane, I love your Olive avatar, BTW! I can't wait to see Pushing Daisies return! :p )

Exclusive: 'CSI: NY' Books Nelly

Gary Sinise and Co. are taking a little detour to Nellyville this fall.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that rapper and occasional actor Nelly is joining CSI: NY for a multi-episode arc. The Grammy winner will play a club owner who serves as a confidential informant to Mac and his team.

"He's a great actor," gushes executive producer Pam Veasey of Nelly, whose only major thespian credit to date is 2005's The Longest Yard. "He really stepped up."

In other CSI: NY news, in a piece of stunt casting that has the words "Danny/Lindsay montage" written all over it, Maroon 5 will make a cameo in this season's second episode, airing Oct. 1.

This casting scares me. :cardie: And LOL is Ausiello serious about the D/L stuff? :lol:

^^ Anyone else thinking of Drops with Nelly? :lol: Or that CSI:NY has a thing for artists named Nelly? (Nelly Furtado, anyone?)

Kidding, kidding.

In all seriousness, I'm excited for Nelly to come in, as well as a cameo from Maroon 5 (which, I assume will be similar to John Mayer on CSI). I think it'll be interesting.

As for Danny being committed, while I could see it happening (because that boy's been through hell and back), I don't think they'll do it. But it'd be interesting to see him drop off the radar, and no one knows why, but then there's a murder at an insane asylum and there's Danny. :lol:

But, I'm still excited for this season. :) Maybe Nelly has something to do with Danny?

Here we go again!:vulcan:

I don't know who Nelly is so he will be fine for me. Besides i wonder if he is the owner of the jazz club where Mac likes to perform ( I LOVE that club so i expect another show in there :drool:

I won't say a word about D/L thing. I have said enough. They get on my nerves:scream:

Debbie:wtf:

ps: I want SMACKED MOMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's because we like to torture those we love. :D

You mean me? ;) :p
Yes, dahling, that includes you. :p *smish*

Exclusive: 'CSI: NY' Books Nelly

Gary Sinise and Co. are taking a little detour to Nellyville this fall.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that rapper and occasional actor Nelly is joining CSI: NY for a multi-episode arc. The Grammy winner will play a club owner who serves as a confidential informant to Mac and his team.

"He's a great actor," gushes executive producer Pam Veasey of Nelly, whose only major thespian credit to date is 2005's The Longest Yard. "He really stepped up."

In other CSI: NY news, in a piece of stunt casting that has the words "Danny/Lindsay montage" written all over it, Maroon 5 will make a cameo in this season's second episode, airing Oct. 1.
I have this tendency to not trust them when they say someone is a good actor - I'll make that assessment for myself, thanks.

I'm not sure what to make of the Maroon 5 thing - it'll probably come across as heavy-handed and obvious, but then he is suggesting it'll have to do with D/L (although that could just be his speculation, I suppose), so I shouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

^^ Anyone else thinking of Drops with Nelly? :lol: Or that CSI:NY has a thing for artists named Nelly? (Nelly Furtado, anyone?)
I thought of Method Man's stint on Vegas, too. I know there are only so many ideas to use for these shows, but they could have gone for something a bit more different (not that this is exactly the same by any means)...

In any case, I'm interested to see where they go with the storyline - I'll give Nelly the benefit of the doubt, despite the extremely dubious stunt casting they've done in the past. :lol:

Has anybody seen "The Longest Yard"? Is he a good actor in that movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back