CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I agree completely!
    I'm happy for Anna, and speaking as a photography/DOP I can say that the writer's and crew were probably relieved that they didn't have to hide big preggo belly. they couldn't last time cos it wouldn't make sense.
    I get people dont like the idea of CSI NY becoming soap operaish
    BUT it is a crimedrama So they are adding more to the drama aspect.
    I like the idea of Lindsay being preggo, it could actually be fun to see her on a day when she is grouchy and funny instead of weeping and annoying. Think of it as potential comedy!

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Criticizing her performances is not "getting personal." Let's keep this thread on the topic of the show and not on other posters here.

I don't know how sleeping with someone else after Danny did the same thing would make her a "selfish whiny bitch." :confused: I think she's a selfish, whiny bitch for myriad other reasons, but if she had slept with someone else, I wouldn't count that among them.

That being said, like Elsie, there's no doubt in my mind that the baby is Danny's. The only potential good thing about the storyline is that it could be an interesting one for Danny, especially given what happened with Ruben next season. I think it will throw Danny into a emotional turmoil, and that's always interesting to see.

But overall, it's a bad move and one likely dictated 100% by Anna's pregnancy and not by the direction the show was headed in. The early spoilers this year (Rikki's return, the brakes on DL, a new love interest for Lindsay) pretty clearly show that this was a major change of course.

3. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

None of us D/L fans have called Danny a cheating scumbag or said Lindsay was too good for him... Nor have we mentioned anything about Rikki being "soap-operaish" and Lindsay not, either has the prospect of being, it just depends on how it's written. Yes we are looking forward to some form of character development for Lindsay and feel that this storyline is good for that.

Sherry and Meg, I am in total agreement with everything that you have just said.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

It's the first time ITA with Top41

As you said previous spoilers were really promising. Rikki back (even when i didn't expect a pregnancy for her), Lindsay's new beau (finally unglued from Danny), Danny and Rikki with a good storyline and most than all a highly promising season for us: Stellarinas and Smacked fans. In special with that episode, Mac being forced to fire Stella

Now we will have to wait for years until we get another chance of any drama between Mac and Stella with such storyline. It means we will wait season after season without knowing if EVER we are going to get any chance for Smacked family

In special because we will get a whole family drama with Lindsay and her offspring.

So we don't know if we will have the chance to see a lovely character as Stella becoming a mom (this reminds me JAG when Harriet started to have babies as a bunny meanwhile we waited for Sarah to become a mom and at the end those horrid writers became her into a barren woman)

call me selfish but i'm sorry for my ship

Debbie :(

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

At this point we have no idea who's job is going to be on the line. People are just speculating. It could very well be Stella's job. No one knows at this point. To be honest, the interview with Gary and Melina make it sound like Adam's job is the one the higher ups want cut, but again, we don't know for sure.

Where did I say "all of the DL fans are so happy about the pregnancy?" I never said that. I have seen comments that the whole Rikki story line was/is a "soap opera" with no comments that it could be good depending on how it's done. I've also seen comments claiming Danny to be a "cheater" and that Lindsay is too good for him and that she needs to be developed on her own. Now all of a sudden I'm seeing comments about how Lindsay being pregnant with Danny's baby could be a good thing. I also never said no one suggested Lindsay being pregnant would be a soap opera, but the people who've said that at least have 3 seasons of background on Danny and Lindsay's relationship to this point to go on for that assessment.

The character is written for the show, not for Anna Belknap. It is Anna Belknap's job to portray that character. There are some of us who don't think Anna Belknap's acting is up to par and that is a big part of why Lindsay ends up being "whiny," among other things. Also, if the writers' make Lindsay "whiny" it's still a reflection of Lindsay's character. It doesn't matter what the reason is, it's still a part of why Lindsay is an unlikeable character to some. It's not a personal attack to give an opinion on an actors performance. As far as being "nasty" and "making personal attacks" toward Lindsay, she doesn't really exist so I don't think her feelings are being hurt. Also, I think it's impossible that "everyone" is going to be happy since we all like and dislike different characters and story lines.

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

7. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

EW:

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting! Well, what we expected re: Danny being the father. But I'm curious to see how they're "not going to be so typical about it."

9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

So NOT happy about this development.. :(:( I know Anna is pregnant and they probably don't want to hide it again, and I suppose making Danny the father is less of a Days of Our Lives type development than making it someone else, but god this depresses me SO much.

Bad enough when they were mooning over each other now we have a baby to add into the mix. And NO I dont trust TPTB to handle this well or keep it to a minimum in the show.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm curious too. Especially considering, ""They're both happy about it, but it is unexpected," sounds pretty typical. I have to say it also sounds pretty stupid considering the events of last season. But that was last season, so of course no one will remember what happened and expect any sort of continuity. :rolleyes:

ETA: I just hope this development doesn't turn into, well, you know . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I, too am curious. I wonder if the 'not typical' means that they're not going to make this into some sort of big explosive drama.

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

OK, we're at 1000 posts so this thread will be closed soon and replaced with a shiny new one! Until that thread is opened please continue to discuss the exciting Lindsay baby!Daddy spoilers in here.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As requested, I made a new spoiler thread, which can be found here. Have at it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.