CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I love it when Kristine interviews Eddie. The man really puts thought into his answers. I didn't agree with everything he said, particularly about Flack's relationship with Angell, but I am biased in that regard. I loved his assessment of Flack being an arm's-length guy, though, and his fanboying of Brian Dennehy. And his New York slipped out late in the interview with a double negative and lack of subject-verb agreement. It was adorable, though the tight-assed grammar pedant in me hopes it's not a habit.

As for Veasey's l33t analysis of the Adam situation, it just further proves my hypothesis that TPTB are a herd of Styrofoam-chewing imbeciles. Critical thinking is clearly and sadly beyond their ken. If the guy is alive when Adam pulls him out and remains so afterwards, then Adam rescued him, a phrase which here means "saved his life". If the victim would've survived without Adam's help, then there would be no drama, and Adam could've done his character a favor and exited the scene before any damage was done.

I suspect that Veasey doesn't play with language much. Or if she did, the virulent strain of DL baby rabies has rotted her brain.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That would be so typical of Danny "Don't Leave Me!" Messer. :lol: The man seems to have serious insecurity issues. I bet you're right--she announces she's going to see her family, and Danny wants to make damn sure she has a ring on her finger before she goes home and they talk her out of marrying the big, bad city boy who knocked up their little country girl. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it will be nice, especially since it seems like as soon as she's gone, the old Danny makes a brief reappearance in 518.

Maybe she'll be gone for more than 3 eps. If there are going to be 25 this season, maybe she'll come back and have the baby in 23 or 24, right before the finale. The finale sounds like it's going to be Stella-centric, so that would make sense.

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Most airlines will let a woman fly up to 36 weeks, assuming she hasn't had any complications. IATA guidelines will allow them to fly between 36 and 38 weeks so long as the flight is less than 4 hours.
    But at that point it's up to the relevent airline to decide whether or not they'll let you on board.
    Do we know how far along Lindsey is supposed to be by this ep?

4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Is it just me or is Lindsey going to 'share her pregnancy with her family' a really weak way of explaining Annas maternity leave. I realise that they need to find a reason for her absence from the show but I hope they make it more like she has to go back rather than she just wants to.

I just feel her spending time away from Danny far on in her pregancy is somewhat selfish. I understand that she would want to share with her family but she will be gone for a few episode and usually the father-to-be also likes to share in the whole pregnancy thing aswell - especially if you add in to the mix how much of a worrier Danny is. I hope they make it more like one of her family is ill and she needs to go back.

5. Top41

Yeah, that was pretty cool! I hadn't thought about Flack holding people at a distance, but it totally makes sense and really fits. And the Brian Dennehy comment was cool--he would make a great, imposing Flack, Sr.!

No, I really don't think it is. I got the sense he was channelling Flack in that moment, heh!

Yeah, that's weird--which makes me wonder if it's a twist or something? Maybe the guy Adam saves is actually the killer/culprit, and the guy put himself in that situation to make himself look innocent?

Well, it's not so much a question of whether the airlines will let someone fly as to whether it's safe or not to fly. I've always heard that most pregnant women are advised to not fly in their third trimester. I could be wrong though.

I would guess time-wise, she'd have to be late second trimester or early third if she's going to give birth before the end of the season.

Well, Lindsay is pretty selfish, so that bit would be in character. ;) But I think it's just that it's the easiest way to write her out for a few episodes. At least she's going that way and not storming back to Montana threatening that Danny will never get to see his kid. That would be infinitely worse.

6. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

People leave Lindsay/Anna alone!!!!
    We get it some people dont like her!

7. Top41

Remember, people are entitled to their opinions. You're more than welcome to defend the character/actress, but don't tell others not to express their opinions.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

So the "expected " valentine surprise for D/L is today? I will tape it and just watch the Adam scenes.This pregnancy makes me cringe.:scream:

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I think that if they do something with D/L tonight - in like 2 hours, it really won't be very long. Some of you make it sound like it's going to a major part of the episode rather than just like a minute or so.

10. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^ I think it's possible there won't be anything anyway. The comments from tv guide seem a little confused about the 'wedding' and the 'early valentine'. They may have muddled the March 11th episode with the Feb 11th.

But yes, it's likely to only be a snippet anyway. :)

11. electra

electra Pathologist

The "valentine surprise thing" kind of scares me.I don't know how to put it but CSI NY is suppoused to be edgy so watching marriage and kids kind of doesn't fit.I have never been a major D/L fan but the flirting in earlier seasons was tolerable while this makes me not want to watch at all.Every day is like,will the case be good enough to tolerate D/L?:(

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

We were watching Lost in my Video Tech class today, and when I read that the first thing I thought was "well, somebody obviously didn't tell that pregnant girl that...". So it made me laugh.

The DL stuff is getting overbearing. It really does feel like TPTB think that Danny and Lindsay are all that we care about. And it's really not, so I don't understand where they're getting whatever statistics they're reading about what the fans want.

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

With a bit of luck, Danny and Lindsay will find it so difficult to look after the baby and work, that they'll go live in Montana beside her folks. Only if the writers can go back and see the real Danny character, should they have them divorce and have him come home. He can visit with the baby (off screen) sometimes, we just need to hear about it.

14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

That's possible.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I didn't post earlier because i am trying to learn how to put at ease my demons when it comes DL

I do hope Fay will be right about the fact TPTB are trying to give us a smoke curtain to keep "big secrets" away from us regarding other characters. However i would like to know what the "big secrets" were at the beginning of this season when every single spoiler we received was about DL:rolleyes:

Do they think DL sell more easily CSI NY DVDs??? It's plausible:rolleyes: considering they made very clear they like "young people" watching (and buying) CSI NY stuff. It's a time of global economic crisis after all. However who buy those DVDs for young people are those adults who could be bigger potential costumers but who decline after all this nonsense

Besides i think it was no nice at all the fact the question was about Adam and it ended up being "look- who-is-gonna-get-married" answer:wtf::wtf::wtf: Certainly it was unkind for those of us who are NOT expecting that storyline:wtf: AT ALL

Again, i say THANKS GOD because the childbirth scene won't be in the Season Finale:thumbsup: It would have been too much! even for TPTB!:lol:

*It will be Stella's storyline and it has MUCH MORE potential because everybody loves Stella at the lab:bolian: So if she is in danger we will see Mac (Of course!:drool:) Flack, her newly friend Angell, Adam (awww!), Hawkes and Sid meanwhile Danny and Lindsay learn how to be...parents on tv *yawn*:shifty:

*Also we need to know what happen with adam's situation at the lab because Stella only got him one month (or this storyline was absorbed by the Black Hole of continuity too?:lol:)

*And the flash drive storyline:bolian:

*And Ella's storyline (is that storyline going to finish in 5.16?????:confused:

*And Mac's Nemesis attacking Mac and his team:eek:

So for me there are LOTS of interesting storylines i will enjoy. So i don't care if there are 1000 spoilers about DL because that storyline is not one i am looking for:thumbsup:

Enjoy the episode tonight those luckiers in North America and don't forget those foreigh fans who live overseas please:p;)

Debbie :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.