CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am totally with you CdfSjaI If they try to put in some drama about Danny, it won't really make sense, I could totally see flack going a little crazy, it would be a new flack that would be exciting and no doubt Eddie could pull it off

Didn't one of the producers do an interview with TVGuide about it being certain that all the regular cast members will be back? Why would they work so hard to keep the cliffhanger a secret, if they told us everyone is returning. Then we already know that this "other csi will be in a life-threatening situation" will be okay?

I think it more to keep the audience interested. Remember the majority of the audiences don't follow the message boards and do not read the spoilers cause they don't want to spoil the drama. A lot of people watching wont know that everyone is safe that nothing bad will happen. Some are going to be surprised by the character death and by who it is and shocked when after that someone else is in harms way. I think CBS know that the die hard fans know most of the plot points but I think they are still trying to keep an element of surprise/interest intact.

I don't even know how I feel about this whole cliffhanger theme. I agree, with Elwood, i think it might cheapen the death. The only way I would be okay with it is if it is Flack, because it would most likely tie in with Angell's death, and i'd just love to see Flack going a little reckless because of being distraught, etc. The spoilers did say that Flack was going to work the case. I guess i'd like to see him shoot the bastards that killed Angell. If the cliffhanger is Danny, I will be very annoyed! I do not need the D/L soap opera for the finale.

I totally agree I will be seriously pissed off if it becomes D/L drama because it would be inappropriate. It would totally cheapen Angells death and make it all about the "new family" But I have a horrible feeling thats where its heading. This should be about Angels death and how Flack (and the others) cope with it. I would love to see Flack getting caught up in his grief/anger and steamrolling through the case to find who is responsible. And I can totally see him getting into danger because he's blinded by his grief.

I would love to see him fall apart, because I really think Eddie can pull it off.

This is what I would love to see but as I said earlier I have the horrible feeling they will go the lazy, predictable, OTT way and we will get Danny/Lindsay/baby drama after the happy birth. I will be so disappointed if this is what happens.

Last edited:
Didn't one of the producers do an interview with TVGuide about it being certain that all the regular cast members will be back? Why would they work so hard to keep the cliffhanger a secret, if they told us everyone is returning. Then we already know that this "other csi will be in a life-threatening situation" will be okay?

I think it more to keep the audience interested. Remember the majority of the audiences don't follow the message boards and do not read the spoilers cause they don't want to spoil the drama. A lot of people watching wont know that everyone is safe that nothing bad will happen. Some are going to be surprised by the character death and by who it is and shocked when after that someone else is in harms way. I think CBS know that the die hard fans know most of the plot points but I think they are still trying to keep an element of surprise/interest intact.

I don't even know how I feel about this whole cliffhanger theme. I agree, with Elwood, i think it might cheapen the death. The only way I would be okay with it is if it is Flack, because it would most likely tie in with Angell's death, and i'd just love to see Flack going a little reckless because of being distraught, etc. The spoilers did say that Flack was going to work the case. I guess i'd like to see him shoot the bastards that killed Angell. If the cliffhanger is Danny, I will be very annoyed! I do not need the D/L soap opera for the finale.

I totally agree I will be seriously pissed off if it becomes D/L drama because it would be inappropriate. It would totally cheapen Angells death and make it all about the "new family" But I have a horrible feeling thats where its heading. This should be about Angels death and how Flack (and the others) cope with it. I would love to see Flack getting caught up in his grief/anger and steamrolling through the case to find who is responsible. And I can totally see him getting into danger because he's blinded by his grief.

I would love to see him fall apart, because I really think Eddie can pull it off.

This is what I would love to see but as I said earlier I have the horrible feeling they will go the lazy, predictable, OTT way and we will get Danny/Lindsay/baby drama after the happy birth. I will be so disappointed if this is what happens.

AGREED! *sighs* we can only hope....

That official CBS recap vid is lame, IMO! Is THAT what they consider to be important and relevant? Mostly D/L? :shifty::( If it is so, I's seriously worried about the finale and the upcoming season...

Now about the onset clips - the best thing about them is that cute guy in glasses and a black shirt standing in the left side of the camera in film n°1!! :drool: hehe ;-)

I agree that they could be trying to purposely let us know a lot about Angell's death, in order to keep us from paying attention to the *REAL* main plot and cliffhanger... BUT... sincerely speaking, nothing would sound as bad or as shocking to me as Angell's death.
I mean, the cliffhanger is said to put one character's life at risk - the character in question is not going to die, he will be back next season. And also we were told that season 6 premiere is supposed to be "positive" for everyone, so,seriously, I can't see how are TPTB going to surprise me here. Worst than not surprising me it would be if they did the obvious - a D/L in danger finale. I swear if that happens I'll quit CSI NY for good next season. :scream:

I would hope that the cliffhanger would involve Flack in some way, but I guess we'll see if it's him whose life actually hangs in the balance. Flack isn't the reckless one--as much as I think it could be interesting to see him come unraveled after Angell's death...that's really not Flack. I think he'll think things through before he goes after the person/people responsible for her death...and bring them down (with Mac's help of course ;) ) because he thinks before he acts...unlike his reckless best friend. ;)

I really wonder what the cliffhanger will be! I don't really have any idea...though we've got less than two weeks to wait now!

Two weeks. This season has flown by.

I want the finale to be great. They have never disappointed before. But I have this horrible sinking feeling, the same one I have had since the middle of the season. But I will try to be optimistic. You may be right at Flack being too level headed to be reckless, but I would still like the focus to be on him.

I will be happy as long as it doesn't involve Danny/Lindsay or the Baby. If it does I may resort to throwing things at the TV. :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Rach & Fruitbat, relax! There's nothing you can do about it now, so save your strength to throw things more energically when (if) you need to :bolian:

I hope it's Flack's episode, I'm crossing my fingers, only half-heartedly because I know how this works. If the cliffhanger is Mac-centered or DL-centered, I'm gonna scream like a banshee. There are other characters, you know.

I would rather have the cliffhanger be someone being held up at gunpoint or in some other sticky situation than someone actually getting shot and wondering whether they live or die. I like situations where people have to figure out how they're going to get out as opposed to "OMG, are they going to live?"

Just saying.

I hope Flack gets some good moments out of this. If he's as stoic as he was during the episode he was accused of killing the kid (how sad is it that I can't remember the title, and it was this season), I'll be thoroughly upset.

^It was Rush to Judgment.

Yeah, I hope Flack gets some good moments out of this. If we're sacrificing Angell for some sake of drama, there had better be some drama from Eddie Cahill, who has had some fantastic emotional scenes.

If TPTB use logic, then it must be Flack´s episode, because after Angell´s death what else can be expected of Flack other than to freak out in his sorrow and go on his own personal vengeance? There is no rule that says every cliffhanger or season´s finale must be about Mac.

^ I hope you're right, only I don't think Flack is one to seek revenge. He believes in what he does and for him being a cop is not only a way to make money. Vendetta is not his style, but I bet he'll do anything he can to bring Angell's murderer to justice if she's the one to die.

I don't know what to think at this point.

I see a show down in the last scene involving Dunbrook. Shots will ring out and the last scene will be whoever thats been shot gasping for breath "... to be continued" Laura's heart breaks.

I think its Danny whose life hangs in the balance. The build up has been there all season.
If Im wrong I may be disappointed... but whatever!

I don't know what to think at this point.

I see a show down in the last scene involving Dunbrook. Shots will ring out and the last scene will be whoever thats been shot gasping for breath "... to be continued" Laura's heart breaks.

Yeah, I could definitely see something like that happening.

I think its Danny whose life hangs in the balance. The build up has been there all season.
If Im wrong I may be disappointed... but whatever!

Agreed. The foreshadowing for Danny's recklessness getting him into real trouble has been building greatly in the second half of the season. He risked his job by participating in the blue flu. He risked his life by going after a suspect--against Mac's orders!--without a bulletproof vest on. And he once again risked his job (and his safety, had Elgers gotten a chance to fight back) when he slammed Elgers' head repeatedly into the ground.

If Danny isn't being set up for a fall, I'll be kind of surprised. My guess is that he does something reckless in the finale and his luck finally runs out.

I am really confused, if they are going to kill somebody (angell) in the first 10 min why would they bother with a big cliffhanger because would they really kill two people that close together.
anyway looks like we are gonna have to wait

I am really confused, if they are going to kill somebody (angell) in the first 10 min why would they bother with a big cliffhanger because would they really kill two people that close together.
anyway looks like we are gonna have to wait

Because for people who don't read spoilers (I know, weird to me too) it will shock them.
They will think, "well, she already died. What else could go wrong?" and then BAM someone is in danger of dying.
Its the joy of television, anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back