CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

if you need a site where you can watch it free for sure pm me

2. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

524 on the 13th and 525 on the 14th...with new Miami and CSI the same week? That's just too much CSI for one week. :p

That being said, it's nice to not have to wait an extra week for the finale, but man, I wish CBS would stop messing around with their schedule. Annoying!

4. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Yayness! Thanks Carminelove. It looks really good (so does Flack and Hawkes:drool:) I'm really intrigued. I know TPTB are going to do a GREAT job with this one. I have a gut feeling. Two more days!!! YT is under maintenance right now. urgh! So it won't be up there for a while (more sneak peeks)....

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ugh, schedule changes. I think somebody is switching this stuff just to mess with us. :lol:

While having it air against the Grey's Anatomy finale is a potentially bad idea, having it air after the CSI finale might be a good thing. CSI's ratings aren't what they used to be, but it still pulls in bigger numbers than NY (and the finale is bound to get higher numbers than we've been seeing lately).

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Oh, how confusing. New NY episodes on two nights in a row? Yep, I'll be interested to see how (if at all) it affects the ratings.

Ah, this season seems to have just flown by. :)

7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Two episodes in two days? Yep, makes so much sense! :scream: All these weeks of hiatus and then, they're suddenly in a rush to finish the season off. Fantastic.

8. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

As others have said, YAY! for having two eps in one week, but, pardon me :wtf:???? I don't think it's in the best interest of the rating to pit CSI:NY's season finale up against the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. I know CSI:NY is available OnDemand, but I don't think Grey's is. Looks like I will watch CSI:NY OnDemand that weekend. YAY! for not having to wait till May 20th and YAY! for not having to sit through commercials, but, I don't understand the logic. I am concerned for ratings :(. Alas, I do not work in Hollywood, so I am sure there is a GREAT explanation for it.

Dear TPTB, can you explain the reason for putting CSI:NY against Grey's Anatomy? Season Finale night, no less. Sorry, but I will see CSI:NY OnDemand, not live. I can't miss GA - that's NOT OnDemand.

9. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Too bad we can't get together and have an OnDemand Party! I, too, will miss all the CSI shows that week as I'll be away from home all that week. Sure hope it's available OnDemand on May 18 when I'll be back home!

10. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I really don't know why they are changing it...I really want to know what everybody was smoking or snorting when they decided this was a great idea. I can just see them around a board meeting,

brainless guy 1 - Hey I got an idea..let's introduce pink bunnies into the show.

brainless guy 2 - no that won't work, but I got another one..let's have it right after the orginal CSI..it's almost where's waldo only CSI style! Yeah, and they'll have to pay attention or they won't even see the season final...

brainless guy 1 - That's brilliant! Because they have been way to use to their time slot, and the idea of it coming on Wed, yeah I think that's a great idea! I'M PUMPED!

(slams head down) Seriously sometimes I think we should create mutiny and throw them off for being terrible captains...the fans take control of the show.

11. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I think the rationale is probably along the lines of what Faylinn indicated. They are probably interested in seeing how CSI: NY performs with CSI as a lead in. If the CSI audience stays tuned in for the entire two hours, that could mean higher ratings for CSI: NY for the finale and possibly going into season six...especially if they can "hook" a few CSI viewers who don't normally watch the NY flavor.

It will be a big treat for me to have two CSI: NY episodes on back-to-back nights! :thumbsup:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just wonder if this means that NY will follow CSI on Thursdays from now.

As for ratings, I think ratings in general took a bit of a drop after the writers strike.

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

If you mean television in general took a plunge after the strike, I think you are right.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I thought it was CSI NY at 7 and then CSI at 8? Oh well actually 9 is better, it won't conflict with Bones.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They're also airing a two-hour Criminal Minds finale on May 20 - if they aired the NY finale the following week, it wouldn't be within the sweeps period. (I'm pretty sure May sweeps are April 23 - May 20 this year.)

So while a lot of people view sweeps as less important than they used to be, they apparently still matter to the people in charge of CBS.

Yeah, ratings are down across the board for a myriad of reasons, and the writers strike is certainly one of them. Also, ratings are going down right now because the weather is getting nicer and people are spending less time on the couch. (Look at Miami, for example. It only got ~12 million viewers last night, which is lower than usual - but it still won the hour. So it's not necessarily that Miami is losing viewers, but all TV is losing viewers at the moment.)

According to the press release I saw on the Futon Critic, NY's finale will air at 10:00pm on May 14 - it's the usual timeslot, just a different day.

The show I'm worrying about is Southland - it's apparently airing a new episode (it's second-to-last episode for the season, no less) against the Grey's finale and the NY finale on May 14. :shifty: I really don't want Southland to get cancelled - hopefully it'll fare better than Harper's Island* since it's on NBC. But I digress...

* CBS just shunted Harper's Island off to Saturday, aka The Precursor to TV Doom**, after only a few episodes. (This is why NY is able to air after CSI on the 14th.) I guess CBS figures repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI, as well as the CSI:NY finale, will perform better than Harper's Island has been performing. While I agree that this is probably the case (since I think Harper's Island had ~7.5 million viewers last week), I don't think CBS needs to cancel shows because they don't immediately deliver Mentalist-sized numbers. They can't rely on their stable of Old Reliable hits forever.

** That press release shows that, while people might be watching the show online and on DVR, it's not performing well enough in the timeslot for the network to let it stay there. If it wasn't a limited-run series, I wonder if they would have cancelled it despite the DVR/online viewership?

But I really digress...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.