CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^I dont know but wouldnt it be better just in here? With already having the US trip or am I just talking nonsence :lol:

@Elsie- I love your icon :D

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks nat. :D

Yep, for the time being we are going to keep the talk of a UK meet up in this thread. :) Having discussed it with my co-mod and with origin_nknwn we're happy for it to be continued in here.

So, as there are no firm plans or ideas for this meet up at the moment, please come forward with any suggestions or ideas for what sort of thing you might be interested in. You might want a day time trip together, or a full weekend, just lunch or dinner? Any ideas of what activities you might like to do, and preferred dates or locations would be most useful as well at this point. :)

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I suppose we should find out where everyone is first - I'm up in Newcastle. But I can travel down to London no problem - which is probably the most obvious location

4. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I'm in Wales and as I said to Elsie by PM, anywhere we go I'm probably going to have to book a hotel, so I'm not actually fussed on the length of time. I'm not working at the moment either, so I'm pretty easy on dates. I have one date I can think of where I'm not available, at the end of June, so I'm pretty easy there.

I don't really mind as far as places go - though I do spend a fair bit of time throughout the year in London. Somewhere else would be cool, but if everyone else wants London, I'm game. The only place I really do not want to go is Blackpool. Or anywhere that is solely for going to an amusement park - I'll explain that one under activities.

On the issue of length of time, I'm thinking that because we are getting together from all over the country, we'd want to be doing at least a day trip, maybe a weekend. As to activities, I'm constrained by certain health concerns - hence why amusement parks end up being boredom fests for me - but I'm up for anything within reason. Maybe we could arrange a day of doing stuff followed by dinner and catching a show or film or something like that.

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

If we are going to do a weekend (which I think is probably best) although London good for transport it is the most expensive in terms of hotels etc. so why not Birmingham or Manchester?

I like the idea of doing something during the day then catching a show in the evening, but to be honest I'm easy (not literally).

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I live down south... Neat Gatwick to be precise and being the student i am just left uni so anything which is good value for money, i can travel but i dont like to travel 2 far because places like manchester i end up 6hrs up there and knackered... London i'd be up for i can easily get there its pretty good for all round things like shows/ shopping/ chilling in the park and travelling around is easy.

Tbh for me day trip sounds good to me sounds cool something like a day of something followed by dinner. Friends have done it before off a board i go on we did London and some came for weekend but because I'm not far from london i came down for the day and then left later on in the evening.

7. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I hear you on the travelling. Travelling from Wales to London, although actually not that long a journey, makes me pretty tired. But I tire easily so I put it down to that.

If some people want to just do a day and others a weekend, I'm sure we could work around that.

8. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

A day followed by dinner would work for me too. If we went to London I'd either head back that night or stay over. I have no problem travelling anywhere so I'll be up for any location to be honest, I live in York so travelling anywhere from here is usually quite easy. One thing I would say is that it's better if someone in the group knows the place we choose though.

origin_nknwn, with the new features here it might be good to start a 'social group' to discuss a UK meet up, what do you think?

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I would love to join you but because of my age I think i'd struggle to so if this year's a success I might be able to next year;)

10. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

A group sounds like an excellent idea. Not sure about how you use that particular feature though...

It would definitely be an advantage to go somewhere where there is someone who knows how to get around. Either that or somewhere easy to get around...which brings us back to El Capital...

11. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Ah, you probably can't create a social group as you need to have been here for 3 months and posted 500 times on the board to do that. I'll try and remember to create one tomorrow and then we can use it to chat and discuss ideas and possible itineraries. Anyone who is interested in the meet up should join the group. :)

12. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Sorry if this has already been said on here, but Amazon have Season 4 complete box set for £26.24 with free delivery (almost £20 cheaper than Play.com!!!) It's on pre-order October 27th. I know it's a long wait, but I'd rather wait a bit longer and get the whole series for the same price as set 1.

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Sorry been away on holiday for the week.... but yeah further north is a stuggle for me because means staying...London does sound great as lots to do.

Is there a group now??

WOW have to preorder that then tho its day before my birthday so mite ask bro to get it for me.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:eek: Nope, I haven't got around to doing that yet. Although I'm happy for someone else to start it (I think you need to have been a member for so long and have a certain number of posts to do it). I believe you can invite members to the group when you are setting it up too, if no one else has done it in the mean time I'll try my best to get around to it tonight. :)

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I havent done enough posts am 24 posts short lol if it is 500

I'm happy though just seen that s4 is being repeating tuesdays after csi... always a good thing. s3 on saturdays and s4 on tuesdays.