CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Found this interesting i'm having to look up viewing figures for Hollyoaks for my university coursework and stumbled across some viewing figures from 4/5/08 and NY was top for Five... I was pleasantly surprised i can't work out which episode it was exactly but surely thats a hint to Five to sort the sheduling out.

http://www.barb.co.uk/viewingsummary/weekreports.cfm?report=weeklyterrestrial&RequestTimeout=500

^ its pretty interesting i just had further look at past few weeks NY are no1 and then no3... Ny is definately best.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Thats pretty interesting. I cant remember if I read right....but im sure that when I saw a post about ratings in the US it said that NY had the least viewers. Which I find quite interesting if we prefer NY where as it comes 3rd in the US :p

EDIT: This is what I was on about....I think i read it right:

Rating Round Up 1
    Rating Round Up 2

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

The viewing figures are pretty interesting, although all of the franchise is known for doing well in the ratings for Five so it's no surprise. NY was top that week and the previous week (which would have been 'Right Next Door' and 'Like Water for Murder'), but some weeks LV is top by quite a way. They are pretty close though imo, and of course you can't really compare a Miami rerun. ;)

Although I'm not surprised that they were all beaten a couple of weeks back by that half man half tree documentary. :lol: I love Five's sensationalist documentary names.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ :lol: Did anyone watch that?!? I wonder who would be the character who'd find it the most strange if he turned up in an episode :lol:

5. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

There documentries are totally random a the best of times.

I've always heard Miami is biggest over here but its obvisouly not as big as people say, I woudl be interesting to see figures if NY was on Tuesday instead of a saturday. LV finale is Tuesday so expect them to top it then, tho its Taxi so should be interesting. But then again I love watching LV but now Waking the dead concludes on tuesdays i can't watch it then... tad annoying.

6. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I've got today off and my mind keeps thinkning its saturday :lol: I had a fit when I went to five.tv to get the summery and it wasn't on but then I realised what i'd done :lol:

They havent given us much this week which is, to me, surprising beacsue of the whole cab killer storyline. Its also back to its 9pm slot so I wonder what the ratings will look like. However it'll be competing with Eurovision this week :rolleyes:- so n my opinion five wont lose too many viewers!

CSI: New York (Drama)
    Time - 21:00 - 22:00
    When - Saturday 24th May

Taxi. Series 4, episode 20.
    New York-based spin-off of the crime drama series.
    Director: Christine Moore
    Starring: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap

7. Annwn

Annwn Rookie

Aaaaghhhhh! I hate it when you mess around with our nursery rhymes...OK, so the UK is way behind and I work on saturdays so it's some weeks later when I get to 'catch up'. The episode I'm watching now is where the dead girl (Wendy) is on the roof of a school bus...they find a 'nosegay' (pocket full of posies) - which were actually carried by the living in an attempt to avoid the plague...and Danny says 'ashes, ashes we all fall down'

No, no no!!!!! :scream::scream::scream:

The rhyme says

'Ring a ring of roses (an advanced symptom of the plage)
    A pocket full of posies (Flowers, oranges with spices driven in)
    Atishoo, atishoo (sneezing was an early symptom)
    We all fall down.' (You're dead)

Please, if you're going to quote - get it right.

*Just noticed I'm back to Rookie again..I've no doubts this has been discussed before but I've been busy...just don't have the time to build up to the required number of posts to get my avatar back...*

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I don't know if this has already been posted but the first part of the season 4 DVD is released in the UK on July 14th.

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ Really cant wait :D and I cant wait for the final either *dances outta the thread*

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Thats soo good but i want the complete box set because i have the other 3 as complete and it says thats not out till 27th October.... But the good thing is my birthday is the 28th hehe.

So happy i get the finale was worried i wouldnt get to see it again because i go on holiday soon... but i'm lucky.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Question. Are there any extra features on the S3 full box set?

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

There isnt normally its just both parts which you get separately in one box... i'm just fussy and want my collection to look perfect.
    I'm hoping we get a few good extras get frustrated that we don't normally get stuff.
    I got LV s1 as 2 parts and it looks funny.

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I still haven't bought season 3 yet. I haven't got over my annoyance at not getting a commentary by Eddie Cahill on Consequences. :lol: I wish they would release the same extras regardless of the country, it's irritating.

Oh well, maybe there will be some good extras on this next release, but I won't be holding my breath.

Anyway, it's the season 4 finale on Saturday night at 9.15pm. I can't believe how quickly this season has gone. :( Obviously less episodes because of the strike, hence the season is over slightly sooner than usual. At least there will still be a Saturday night fix of NY though, Five look to be repeating season 3 after this week, at least a week on Saturday they are showing 'People with Money'. :)

14. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^:lol: I hate it how we dont get the same extras as the US although im hoping due to the smaller season they'll add in a few :D Have any of our DVDs had actor commentry because I know we've had ceator commentry.

Dawni, I've never bought my dvds as a whole...I've seen them in any of my local shops to be honest. But i've got used to my half seasons and to change would make my collection look outta place :lol: similar to your one season that is in two parts.

Elsie, even though this season is shorter I think that due to fact that we ended up being 1 one episode behind the US made it feel shorter if that made sense? With most seasons/CSIs we are usually weeks behind so for a change we are sort of ending the season off the same time as the US which too me just seems strange!

15. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I was curious to if they would be repeating episodes or new show starting, I was actually thinking of watching some of S3 so won't have to now. Quite happy the finale is this saturday as the next few weekends i'm busy didn't want to miss it.

I was frustrating about the commentry to Elsie drove me mad... i was so tempted to by the american dvd so i could hear it then realised how stupid it would be.

Nat thats one reason i want it in one box i never buy it in store end up buying it online its soo much easier and less hassle. Though Tesco had a lot of LV when i last looked I got so tempted but didn't.