CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^I usual get mine online aswel but I never see them as full sets :lol: I must have been looking in the wrong place :lol:

2. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Amazon/Play or Amazon Marketplace is usually best place, Play already have the full boxset advertised... so happy there was part of me wanting to put it on pre order then i was like no thats taking it to far.

Soo depressing i used to love watching FiveUS and the CSI nights and because of there dodgy signal we only have 5ive downstairs on the main TV, its like i wanna watch it upstairs and i can't

3. Poldi

Poldi Civilian

Hi, newbie here.

To any of you with region 2 code: you can order the DVDs via Amazon Germany. Their editions also contain the English version and all extras/commentaries in the original version, too.

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok so tonight Five airs the Season final. I'd love to see the rating of tonights episode due to the finals of both bbc's, I'd Do Any Thing and ITV's, Britains got talent.

CSI: New York
    Time - 21:15 - 22:15
    Hostage. Series 4, episode 21.

New York-based spin-off of the crime drama series. When a heist goes wrong and a bank manager is shot dead, a frantic gunman takes everyone in the bank hostage and demands that a CSI come in to prove his innocence.
    Starring: Gary Sinise, Melina Kanakaredes, Carmine Giovinazzo, Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, Anna Belknap

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

So what did everyone think?

I enjoyed the episode, but not very spectaculor for a finale - not even close to snow day. However it wasn't what I was expecting, after reading the spoilers I thought I would find myself flicking over to Britains got talent but I didn't it kept my attention the whole way through. A little too Mac centric for my liking but all in all a good episode.

Next season I am going to have to stop reading the spoilers and reviews etc, as I think I have ruined the last couple of episodes for myself - but its just so tempting to read them.

6. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Woo! Finally got to see Eddie's Five US segment thing! It was great - now I know what everyone was talking about! Eddie seems like such a nice guy and it really comes across! Glad after all the talk I finally got to catch it!

P.S: To everyone who's mentioned about buying the full boxsets, if you have a DVD player thats multi-regional, you can buy them R1 from Loaded247.com, it's where I got the majority of mine and plus it's free postage!

7. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I agree - not a touch on Snow Day, nowhere near it - but a good concept nonetheless.

After ruining many a TV show I've long learnt to stay clear of all spoilers etc. - but it's so tempting though because we're usually so far behind over here!

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I wish full versions of those Five US segments were on YouTube or something like that. I saw the Carmine one in brief on Five when I stopped in a hotel earlier this year and he looked hawt in it.

I get R1 DVDs too, because it is easier to get them than UK complete boxes. I get mine from PlayUSA though.

Just as a matter of interest, would any of the UK people be interested in a UK get-together? Just a line of enquiry...

9. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Now being a Mac fan I gotta say I loved the ep, big surprise there :lol:. I thought it was excellent, I loved the idea and Mac getting caught up in Joe's story. (Mac does get it wrong now and again, in fact he has on quite a few occasions.) The main reason I loved the ep was also the guest star. Elias Koteas was very good (better than your average guest star) and his interaction with Gary was great to watch. The tension built up as the episode progressed and held your attention through out.

But! And there is a but. I would not say that this was a great ep for the finale. Not that there was anything wrong with the ep. It was just not finale material, if you see what I mean.

Mac jeopardy I am all for, two parters I am all for, if the script is good, and this one was very good, compared to clunkers like Times Up.

But like Poppet it didn't give me the same roller coaster ride that Snow Day did, or even that Charge of This Post did. I think Snow Day spoiled me as far as finales go.

Mind you compared to some other finales I watched CSI:NY's was by far one of the best.

Less gadgets, come on guys flashy gadgets like the Cisco Systems video conferencing and the virtual autopsy, distract from the drama, I for one am getting a bit fed up of the product placement getting in the way of actual crime solving. The odd gadget is nice but at this rate they wont fit in the lab because of all the new toys.

I will be looking forward to part 2 :thumbsup:.

Plus I cant stay away from the spoilers I think we will see more of Flack in part 2....yeehaaa....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  10. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Totally agree about the less gadgets thing. It really bugs me that they always have all of these unrealistic futuristc gadgets but then their basic science is invariably wrong. Just let Microsoft and whoever do their own adverts and concentrate on the stories.

A UK get together sounds like it could be interesting.

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I am so glad im not the only one who hgets bugged by all the hi-tech equipment! I mean...Did they really need that thing for Sid in Hostage?!?!

12. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Oooh, glad there is someone interested... :)

I thought I'd ask somewhere obvious to gauge interest. Seems pointless to make a post if interest isn't that high...

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Depended on location I could be... I've just left uni so anything which is good cost i would consider.

14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm always interested in meeting up with fellow NY fans, so I could be pursuaded. :)

15. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Location is something we'd need to consider and could discuss in a thread. Something mutually convenient for the majority.

Maybe Elsie could start a thread to throw the net wider..? *whistles*