CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

Even if there is something they will cut it out like they did with that scene from 401, when Danny was supposed to be attracted to Nova. :rolleyes:

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Actually, even though I said that 'the suggestion seems to be there', it isn't really, it's just us reading a lot more into things. All it says is that it might (possibly) be a character that appears again. :lol:

It's possible because she may potentially appear in more than one episode, and the whole 'bump in the road' thing for D/L (or whatever that spoiler was), and the fact that Danny is a nice guy so he's likely to want to comfort the Mother. I personally hope they don't go that way, in my opinion this episode should be about so much more than setting that scenario up. It should be about Danny coping with grief and guilt, and if that were to cause a bump in the road then so be it, but not because of his dalliance with a grieving woman.

Carmine does emotion so well that this episode should be awesome. I really hope it's as good as (my mind) has already hyped it up to be. :lol: Please don't disappoint me...

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Wouldn't that be something...Danny having a relationship with Ruben's Mom. I guess that would just be wishful thinking as TPTB want Danny and Lindsay together although I cannot think why for the life of me. Hopefully this episode will bring back the Danny of old, meaning pre-Lindsay.

4. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hey. I just remembered something.

Isn't Lindsay supposed to have a problem with grieving mothers? :p Perhaps that is why the writers have written it that she's working on a different case. Man, the last thing anyone needs is for her to make Danny do the bad news delivering again because she can't handle it or something. And considering last week's episode, it's most likely for the best that Lindsay isn't working on the same case. God knows she might just try to make it all about herself again while Danny's seriously torn up. I think that'll get people literally lifting pitchforks in objection. :lol:

It's possible Ruben's mother might be the 'bump', but I hope not. I really hope not, because if this episode turns out to be nothing more than setting Danny up with another woman who just lost her only child who was her whole world... it will cheapen the whole thing in a very bad way. I sure don't want Danny to end up looking like some skeez who takes advantage of a grieving mom, ya know? That would be the ultimate character assassination for him.

However, if the 'bump' is that Danny becomes very deeply affected by what happened to the point that it causes him to see some things in his life in a new light ... hey, now I'm for that. Carmine will hit that straight outta the park like a major league home run.

5. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

I think there's such an emphasis on Danny's grief in the synopsis that any idea of his taking advantage seems unrealistic. If he did I agree it would be truly horrible but it doesn't sound as though its set up like that. If they do go for it it might be more of a 'two souls united by a shared sense of grief and loss' sort-of scenario....

6. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Yeah! Let's be realistic here. No way would Danny do that!

The only way I see this relating to the "bump" is if Lindsay jumps to the wrong conclusion. Like she sees Danny hugging Ruben's Mom from a distance and doesn't understand that he's only comforting her. Or something like that anyway.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: The funny thing is, I can totally see Lindsay jumping to that conclusion. *crosses fingers that TPTB doesn't go the horrible character assassination route*

8. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

I'm totally not buying the character assassination route. NOT. AT. ALL.

That would be so unbelievably stupid it's not even funny.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, I don't either but considering everything that's happened on the show for the past few seasons ... yeah. I've learned to have very, very low expectations until proven otherwise. :eek:

I hope it goes your theory if they really wanna work the 'bump' plot, Carrieattheprom. I will shoot someone in the foot if the character assassination route ever comes to pass. Srsly.

10. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Yup, I can absolutely see that happening, given that Lindsay's so self-obssessed that anything she sees has to relate to herself in some way....

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

What's with all the fretting? The writers are pretty much giving us everything we've asked for with this ep:

1. Danny development/Danny in a tough, emotional situation
    2. Good material for Carmine to work with
    3. A moving story
    4. No Lindsay in the Danny storyline to muck it up with her self-absorbtion
    5. Danny crying (he does it so well! And it's so funny when midnight makes fun of him for it. ;) )

What more could we ask for? :p :D This episode sounds fantastic.

And no, I don't think they're going for romance between Danny and the mother. This is about a heatbreaking time for Danny, not about who he's getting it on with. And thank goodness--it's nice to see a story that focuses on Danny, period, because what makes him such a fascinating, complex character has nothing to do with romance.

12. althea

althea Lab Technician

Completely agree with you Top41 the writers are answering our prayers. No complaining from me :D the episode seems very promising.

13. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

You know us, we've been given perfect episodes before and still find *something* to quibble with!

This sounds like it will be an amazing chance for Carmine to stretch his range a little, minus emo!Lindsay. It's also great to be able to see that side of Danny that we've already seen with Flack: the mentoring guy. So cute that he keeps it under wraps, but still perfectly in character.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I definitely think it's good that they're leaving Lindsay on the 'humorous' storyline while Danny gets the emotional part of the episode. And quite frankly, I'll be fine with no Danny-Flack interaction if it means we can also avoid the Danny-Lindsay interaction. With our luck she'd be like "Oh, I was so upset when I heard! I can tell you were close to Ruben...and his mother. *significant look*"

*stabs self in the eye*

But yeah, I definitely don't think they're going to go there with Danny and Ruben's mom. ;)

15. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^That would be a really lazy storyline, to have Danny hook up with the grieving mother, and consider that to be the "bump in the road." However, if Lindsay were to get wind of Danny comforting his mentee's mother and then misconstruing his intent when there was nothing there, that would be an infinitely more interesting story to watch. Provided she can get angry and make us believe it, of course! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.