CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Nope your not (I am) but like Top said this thread aint really the place to talk about shipping!!

I was about to go bed last night but then I couldnt because I saw that pic 24 hours later my excitement hasnt wiltered!!! So what do we think this Apple represents?!?!?

2. SvartaBaskern

SvartaBaskern Witness

If it's not for real, why care about what everyone else think about the show? :)

I think that the Stella/Mac-picture is more interesting that the other promo picture. I like riddles. There is something going on with "Big Ben". I can't wait to see what it all means. I really hope that there will be some good realistic cases this season. Sometimes I think that they are overdoing it. But maybe it's realistic if you live in New York?

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Because this is a discussion forum, so we're all obviously hear to discuss the show.

Everyone has a right to express his/her opinion--that includes people who love Danny/Lindsay or who hate Danny/Lindsay. It's a discussion forum--if everyone likes the same things, it gets totally dull. No one should be afraid to expression his/her opinion, but don't come down on someone else for not liking the same thing you do. That's basically the idea of how this forum works.

So let's move on from this topic and back to the spoilers and discussing this pic! Thanks!

So...if Hawkes has a flashlight in one hand, what is that in his other hand???

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I reckon its a camera!

5. Top41

Oh yeah, it does look like one! Hmmm...so, a flashlight and a camera, common CSI gear. But why is that flashlight pointed at the gun in Flack's lap???

If Flack did come under investigation for a shooting, that would really be quite a storyline! Obviously they'd have to be careful not to have it be too similar to what Danny went through in "On the Job" or Mac in "Comes Around," but something tells me for Flack it would be a different story. I wonder how he'd react to being under investigation.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Especially to how close he was to Insp. Stanton Gerrard. It would be a totally different storyline on how it all goes down he is was being investigated. Mac and Danny had inssues with Internal Affairs; Flack was somewhat closer to the people they had issues with.

Makes for good drama.

7. Nadcus

Nadcus Victim

top41 you should moderate your people calling them stupid and all, on the ncis board if you insult the people you are out, and I haven't insulted anyone. So let people live and we do not all have the same opinions, the petitons had over 1000 plus, and also he insulted the board on cbs.com, he said nobody intelligent there because we do not think like her or him. Plus the 80 % I read in a magazine somewhere which I cannot remember, I will go see and I will scan you the article, if it is alright by kimmychu. Please stop insulting all the d/l fans, if people wouldn't like it they would not do it, the ratings right now are quite high compared to the first year which they almost canceled new york, and that was on an interview, which they said it is a little better the following season. And I am not sending any mud to anyone, just remember there are people who like that couple, and no I would not want it to be a soap opera, but people do like them so do not insult the ones that do like them. Cancel me if you want, but insults won;t bring you anywhere. I said my say.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

And said and said. Now stop. It's boring.

A camera and a flashlight, eh? Hmm...photographic evidence of some wrongdoing could make things more difficult in an investigation...

I'd rather think of it just being that Adam and Sid are framing the group (since Sid isn't exactly facing them either), but you never know. I can't imagine that anything schmoopy that Danny and Lindsay have to say would be interesting (since I doubt they're discussing CSI-work), but maybe he's running the online rumor mill for the lab and wants to share the juicy gossip with the other lab techs first. [/joking] :p

Maybe the different lunch-boxes could be like the thing with Mac and Stella, illustrating a contrast between what's old fashioned vs what's contemporary?

I can't see Flack being involved in anything bad, but maybe his connection to the higher ups puts him in a position where they expect him to play the politics game...he doesn't have his finger on the trigger, and he isn't actually wiping the gun down--maybe he's actually taking the evidence to the CSIs (represented by Hawkes) to do the right thing? They aren't looking at each other or at the gun--they're looking out in the distance (the only ones doing so). Maybe they're watching out for someone else?

I was also wondering about the skull in the x-ray (I believe Top mentioned it?). Maybe they just chose an easily-recognizable image for the picture, or maybe it's significant--maybe symbolic rather than literal, like someone's 'head' will be examined.

(What's next to Sid? Since we're analyzing the food and whatnot, it makes me wonder. That looks like a can of soda, perhaps, but what else?...)

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: In reference to your very own post in the previous page about people who don't like D/L:

That stinks of condenscension if I ever smelt a hypocritical statement. If you really did respect our opinion of not liking D/L, you wouldn't have said that at all. That's pretty much like someone saying to you, "I'm sorry for all of you who do." How would you feel then? Doesn't feel so nice when you're getting a taste of your own medicine, hm?

Yes, it is alright with me, I would like to read this article and see the stats for themselves. I'm sure everyone here would like to do the same. You'd think something that big would be shown all over the internet, wouldn't you? Of course, if this '80%' stat is so important and life-changing and beyond awesomeness ... I'm sure you'd remember the name of the magazine at least, right? (Fan-made magazines, they don't count.)

And if you're going to bring up ratings and such, sure, it might have gone up a little (as you said yourself) after they brightened things up for season two, but the ratings also dropped last season. Who's 'they'? Who was interviewed and made that statement? Until you display cold, hard evidence of your claims, you're still just showing yourself to be pulling all kinds of things out of your head.

Well then, you should practice what you preach.

So, until solid proof is shown, I'm going to leave it all at that.

I'm liking the whole apple beside Lindsay = a symbol of betrayal or her doing something forbidden. We've been speculating so far that Danny is the one who'll cheat ... but there's nothing that says Lindsay can't be the one who does. Someone mentioned Danny's glasses on his chest being a sign of him being blind about something. It would be very interesting indeed if it turns out that Lindsay cheats on/betrays Danny at some point, Danny doesn't find out about it ... but Adam does. So him turning his back on the team, so to speak, may be more of him discovering that and having to hide it from the team.

As for Flack wiping down his gun with a cloth and Hawkes holding a flashlight ... could it be that Flack kills someone/finds out someone who is close to him has killed someone and attempts to hide it, except Hawkes discovers the crime? That would be one hell of a plot. (And possibly cause extreme wank on the board. :lol:)

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Dear God, if they start off Adam's stint as a regular character by getting the poor man involved in the DL debacle, I'll cry. :rolleyes:

I'd really rather not see anybody cheat on anybody and cause professional problems with their stupid personal shit. If I have to see personal lives, show me families and friendships. It would be refreshing if they'd take time for those things and leave who's f*cking whom to the imagination instead. :rolleyes:

As for Flack--I doubt he'd try to cover anything up, I really do. He might be tempted, but I can't see him doing it--and if Aiden contemplates planting evidence and gets fired, Flack contemplating covering up a murder but not getting fired would be ten different kinds of idiotic. Unless Gerrard and company make sure he keeps his job, which could cause problems with the team, especially Mac--but I'm hoping that's not the case.

11. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

^Agh. That would be tremendously horrid, involving Adam in such a way. I don't know if they're going to go the cheating route but what if she keeps something highly important from Danny and Adam finds out about that? Would that smack to Danny of betrayal, he who seems to have this very deep sense of loyalty to people? Think of the way he felt as a teenager when Louie pushed him away in an effort to keep Danny away from the Tanglewood boys. That sense of betrayal was so clear on his face, and lasted for years! What would feeling betrayed by Lindsay do to his twu wub?

12. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Well having read the latest about the premier I know that I wont be getting two of my wishes for this season. No more celebrity guest stars and no more rich and famous. We have both in the first ep...not a great start..*sigh* Plus she will sing 2 of her songs in the ep...its the whole Cold Play scenario again. What, they coundn't come up with enough storyline to fill the episode...

What is wrong with getting an ACTOR to play a celebrity, then even if the script is so-so at least the performance will be fine...

You know the closer I get to the new season the less I like about what I am reading...

13. Top41

It certainly seems to me that you're here to sling mud at people who don't agree with you.

Discussion of other boards really doesn't have a place here, but I seem to recall you bringing it up at some sort of proof that "everyone else" agreed with you. If you're not attacking others for having an opinion different than yours, why does it matter what people think on another board?

I'd be curious to see this article, too, since I can't fathom a way that the 12-14 million people who watch CSI: NY could be polled to come up with such a number. 80% of some magazine's readers? Sure.

Let's not insult anyone--fans of D/L or people who don't like it.

Actually, the ratings are down from the first season, which IIRC routinely pulled in 13-14 million viewers; the average now is more often in the 12 million range. The show's ratings haven't changed that much, but expectations have. And CSI: NY has never been in danger of being cancelled. ;)

And now it's time for you to stop derailing this thread. Back on topic, folks.

Fruitbat, I'm not really heartened by the spoilers storywise, either. I think I've given up on this show focusing on anyone who isn't rich and/or pretty for their cases. It's silly because there's so much more to NY.

Celeb stunt casting probably won't go away either, though I'm guessing Sudol was cast because of her piano playing/singing skills. Hopefully she can act, too. :lol: I'm curious about hearing her music on the show--I listened to snippets of the album in Barnes & Noble yesterday and wasn't overly impressed (nothing really stood out as extraordinary), but maybe on future listens it improves.

As for Flack covering something up--I don't see it happening either. Flack's got a pretty strict moral code. But that's where it has the potential to get interesting--what matters to Flack so much that he'd compromise his morals? We saw how Mac's pride got in the way when he was under investigation, so I'd be curious to see what Flack's weakness is.

14. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

I really think all the elements in htat photo have a meaning, even the rope that separates Sid from Hawkes (maybe a symbol of Hawkes being more a CSI than Coroner than before).

About Flack, if that is a towel maybe it means he is the one supposed to clean some kind of mess, maybe the one Hawkes is pointing.

As for Adam's position maybe it indicates his status as the one behind them, the one that makes the research or aclarates the case as they discusse it.

Everything has more than one meaning.

15. Asparagus

Asparagus Dead on Arrival

CSI:NY is shooting today on location in NY for anyone out there in NY, maybe you'll catch a glimpse. Though I don't know exactly where they're shooting. But just a heads-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.