CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

What I mostly got from the spoilers was this:

Writer #1: Uhm, guys, we still have that Tanglewood Louie storyline to deal with! And that thing about Flack and his legendary dad, and, uh, ya know, Stella's past and -
    Writer #2: SSHHH! SHADDUP! We don't want them fans to remember all that!
    Writer #3: OMG, WAT R WE GONNA DO?! :eek:
    Writer #1: Okay, okay, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna pair the main cast up with ... *drums hands on table* their own lovers! :devil: Yeah, them TV viewers have no brains to think with, and when we give them sex scenes, they won't remember anything anyway! They're so easy.
    Writer #2 & 3: Oohh, that is so smart, we likes it!
    Writer #1: Yeah, see, everybody's got a f**k buddy now -
    Writer #3: Uh, wait, what about the black guy? :eek:
    Writer #1: What about the black guy?
    Writer #2 & 3: *glance at each other*
    Writer #1: So like I was saying, everybody's gonna have a lover -
    Flack: Hey, so I have a girlfriend this season now? WOO! :D
    Writer #1: Yes, and she'll be a rich, pretty socialite.
    Flack: ... whut? Are ya making me some - some trophy boyfriend because a' my 'legendary' dad or somethin'? And she's gonna be a victim of some scam?!
    Writer #1: Yes. And we write you so shaddup and go look pretty.
    Stella: Waaaait a minute, my last boyfriend was a psycho SOB who tried to kill me in my own apartment! Now you're hooking me up with somebody again?! :eek:
    Writer #2: HE BE VICTIM THIS TIME.
    Stella: Uh ... well, that is ... that's not right either! Why can't I have a normal relationship for once?!
    Writer #1: We're the writers, remember? Now go over there and be pretty with Flack.
    Mac: Don't even think about giving me that writer schtick. My actor is the producer of the show, so if you even try to mess up my love life ...
    Writer #1, 2 & 3: No, sir! Never think of it, sir! *salutes*
    Danny: Uhm, I, uh ... I've been tortured enough, don't ya think? I mean, you guys basically changed me from a hot-headed, fiery and awesome character into a - a pathetic prop of a lapdog just to lamely attempt to integrate a new character who's turnin' out to be somebody who's not what I expected -
    Writer #1: You're the whore of the show. Now shaddup and spread those buttcheeks!
    Danny: :( I just want somebody to love me for who I am, flaws and all. :(
    Hawkes: I want some love too. :(
    Writer #2: Hey, did you guys hear something?
    Writer #1 & 3: Nope.
    Adam: Gee, it's real nice of you guys to give me a girlfriend. It's not like you guys didn't torture me and hurt me in the season finale, and all that -
    Writer #1: Don't tempt us to do more.
    Adam: I'll shut up now.
    Lindsay: I just want to say ... I don't want any crying scenes.
    Writer #1, 2 & 3: Believe us, honey, we have that memo permanently branded into our brains.
    Hammerback: Do I get some action too?
    Writer #3: Dude, you're married.
    Hammerback: Oh, I forgot. Must have been that fall down the stairs last night. Again. :lol:
    Angell, Maka, Giles, Jane, Chad & Louie: Hi guys! Are we coming back to the show?
    Writer #1, 2 & 3: Oh SNAP. Quick, sweep them under the rug!

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Between him and Don? Yah probably.. more than any of them though Aiden and Stella seemed the least happy to put up with crap from people with so much money they think they can buy their way out of the justice system. The incident with Stella & Aiden with the private school girls comes to mind, as does Stella getting written up over her misconduct when interrogating the college girl over missing drugs.

Don on the other hand has had his moments with them too, some remarks he made in Trapped over the millionaire recluse... but like I said before, as much as I'm sure he's not interested in the whole debutante, high society scene, I wouldn't take him as someone who'd reject someone based solely on their social/financial circle.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Kimmy, I think you got it all down! :lol:

Nah, I just don't see how it would work out in the end. *shrug*

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Yah, same here. I don't see it lasting or becoming something with real permanence. Don Flack just isn't a kept man!

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Kimmy, I love you. :lol: Brilliant! Do you have the writers' room bugged??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not opposed to a little lovin' on NY. Didn't bat an eye when Mac got a girlfriend. Not in love with the chemistry-free Danny/Lindsay pairing, but hey, at least something finally happened. Even Adam's lab partner/bedmate seemed okay to me. But now that Stella is getting Frankie 2.0 (or Anti-Frankie, I guess it remains to be seen) and Flack, who stares lustily at Danny in every scene they share, is getting a girlfriend, it does seem like overkill. And yeah...what about Hawkes?

As others have said, there's more to these characters than their love lives. While I think Lindsay is a noxious character, it's not her horrid personality that I object to most when it comes to the Danny/Lindsay pairing--it's that all the rich storylines for Danny--his relationship with his brother, his Tanglewood involvement, his clashes with Mac--were shoved to the wayside so he could be turned into some sort of simpering sweet Ken doll.

I do watch NY for the characters, but that doesn't mean I want to watch a nighttime soap. Grey's Anatomy is always going to do that stuff better, because it's about the characters first, and the medicine second. CSI shows have always been about the science first, the characters second. I welcome a shake-up in that formula, but there's more to characters than who they're banging.

That said, adults tend to move from relationship to relationship, or find a stable relationship, so it's not weird that they're dating. It just seems like it's a lot to pack into three episodes. And what about Hawkes???

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Like I said before, if the pattern holds, he'll be tapping ass in episode 5. :p

Yeah, but even soap operas deal with family relationships and whatnot, mixed in with the boinking and the ridiculous storylines. :rolleyes:

7. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Kimmy, I think you just about said it all.........soapland here we come.....

On a lighter note in the Flack/Simpering socialite relationship* spit........Of course, (lightbulb of hope springs to life :lol:) this could be a sly ruse to get the boys together. :rolleyes:

If Devon's a little highbrow and fancies a visit to, say, the opera....we all know how, Lindsay (must improve myself) Monroe, lurves the opera and I imagine the boys really really dont. The guys could go for a foursome, chicken outa the opera leaving the girls and the blasted relationships at the door and flee to Danny's apartment for mad monkey mansmex. I'm sure Flack would look much much prettier on that pool table........ ;)

Ridiculous, you say.........Can't be any more ridiculous than the writers plans for season 4 that we've seen so far......and it would be much much prettier....

8. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

Yeah, the Flack/rich girlfriend spoiler is a bit of a worry, but hopefully it won't be too much of a %*^@#$& (see, writers, you've reduced me to using the top row of the keyboard! :().

Maybe the writers realised that they have pretty consistently portrayed all rich people as spoiled, manipulative, selfish and corrupt. Maybe they are trying to balance that out a bit by introducing a nice rich girl, who isn't basically an inflatable bobble-head. Having money doesn't automatically make you a bad person; it's just another stereotype. So maybe it won't be really, really aneurism inducing. Right? [/optimism]

Still, I do wish they would get away from the rich elite in the storylines. What happened to the other 99% of New Yorkers?

9. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana Civilian

omg wat happens to danny and hawkes
    i love them :(

10. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

They were already contracted by the 'Law & Order's PTB. ;)

And I really think we should give Flack's girl the benefit of the doubt...Penguinpie is right, being rich and beautiful doesn't mean you're a terrible person and maybe Flack has realised that too. :cool:

11. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

True Dutch and Penguin, but the rich have a notorious habit of being spoiled lunatics with a penchant for blood. The decent ones never seem to make it very far in the game -- either they wind up dead (e.g. Alexa Endecott; Manhattan Manhunt) or some family member screws it up for them. I'd like to give Flack the benefit of the doubt; the man simply oozes common sense, but it's the writers who make me wishy-washy. If it was up to Flack (humor me, and pretend he has his own say in the matter, lol), I think he could quite possibly find a decent hearted socialite as I never figured he would put up with the manipulative games, passing fancies, or anything that would demean his character no matter how great her rack was. It's just, for me, the writers sometimes forget about their characterizations, facts, and other canon glaring details in the excitment of drama and romance. :rolleyes: So while I figured Flack would never care to date a socialite due to his past (and often) snarky remarks; I'm on the fence. I would have prefered the working-class, but apparently New York chased them out of the city long ago. Why can't the writers try to balance that out there? Someone who isn't rich or stunningly beautiful. Maybe someone with an average job who would represent a far larger part of the city than the elite upper class. Why not someone of a different ethnic background?

But because it's the writers, I do at least hope Devon turns out to be a decent woman.

Besides, I won't fault her on having good taste rich or not. I always thought of Flack as someone you could bring home to Mom and not sweat bullets over. Plus, maybe she'll even sit Flack down one day and explain how shirts and ties go together. ;)

As for Hawkes being shafted, well...the writers need someone to ignore? But like Fay said, at this rate we'll be introduced to his girlfriend via in her underwear in no time.

12. poison girl

poison girl Pathologist

Whith the turn in the argument the next plot line will be investigate, with the CSI equipment, of course, who is the father of the baby of one of the cast. This is turning into a Soap Opera with underwear (I was going to say slowly, but I'm starting to think is happening fast)

13. penguinpie

penguinpie Prime Suspect

I agree, a rich socialite seems a very unlikely choice for Flack. I honestly can't see him having a lot of time for the purely decorative and as for manipulative game playing ... He's much too direct and no-nonsense for that, I think. But as you say, the writers seem to have developed a penchant for wedging characters into absurd "romantic" scenarios.

If she is some spoiled rich chick (in their usual mode), I call shenanigans. All the way from Canberra - that'll do a lot of good. :rolleyes:

The romance thing is soley to try to attract ratings and detracts from the core premise if pushed too far. :bangs head: Ow! Must. Be. Op-tim-istic.

Poor Hawkes! His hotness is underappreciated, clearly. But all things considered, maybe we'd better not draw the writers attention to him. :p

14. Sphinx

Sphinx Police Officer

Devon might not be around for long. She may just be for the one episode to help with the plot.

I read the TV Guide description about Stella's new love interest and they used the word might. This guy might not be a new love interest.

Who knows what the filmed episode will actually look like.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree that being a rich socialite doesn't mean Flack's girlfriend is going to be some superficial twit. And I can see Flack hooking up with someone who isn't working class, because he doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about a person's net worth. In the spoilers he has to attend a society function as part of the investigation. Since he's the homicide/narcotics/hostige negoiator for the department who also has a lengendary father, it would make sense that in the past he's had to attend society functions and could have easily met his girlfriend at one.

For me, the problem isn't that everyone seems to be hooking up with someone. It's the lack of diversity and the writers' ability to pull it off. They've done a good job with Mac/Peyton, IMO, but they've also given us the albatross that is Danny/Lindsay and the mysoginstic atrocity that was Stella/Frankie. One for three is not a good track record, so it is easy to jump to conclusions and think it's gonna be a soapy disaster. Plus, they aren't great at providing complete backstories so there's a good chance we'll never know how Flack became involved with his girlfriend. The one thing I'm looking for with Flack is this: If he's gonna be gettin' it on in S4, we'll probably (hopefully) see him shirtless at some point. If he doesn't have any scars from having a gaping hole blown into his abdomen, I'll need to sign up for anger management classes. TPTB didn't want to show any of his recovery, I didn't agree with that but fine; it's over and done with and can't be changed. But to not have him scarred is akin to believing the viewers won't remember the bombing, IMO, and that is extremely insulting.

I also hope that TPTB continue with Adam having difficulties after being held hostage and tortured. If they maintain their track record of refusing to show physical problems, at least continue with his psychological issues. Last time I checked, banging the hot lab tech. was not a cure for PTSD. But then again, TPTB think banging your hot co-worker worked for Lindsay's "issues." If TPTB want sex to be the cure-all for PTSD, hell, they should have Adam banging Danny. At least he knows all Adam went through, and could possibly help him. Plus, you know, he is the "whore of the show."

That's the answer PTB. Instead of hooking everyone up with stereotypical lovers, have them all bang Danny. That'll work, won't it? It won't? Damn. it. All my good ideas get shot down before they're given a chance.

I know everything in this thread is speculation based on information that may or may not appear on the show. Therefore I am boldly stating that I am excited for S4. I'm not sure if that makes me an optimist, a masochist, or certifiably insane; but I don't care. I'm excited to see what's gonna happen, damnit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.