CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree about them showing non-shippy stuff with the characters. Plus, do any of the viewers have a problem with stuff like that? When you start having people hook up, some of the viewers will be into it and some might decide to switch channels midway through the episode. When you show two co-workers just being friends and discussing their jobs with each other, on the other hand...

Personally, I'd love it to pieces if Flack's girlfriend worked at his favorite pizza place. :p

It would be great if Flack dated a massage Therapist. We would be treated to Flack getting a massage. He might only have a towel around him. I think the teens could deal with that.

It would be interesting if he dated a female private eye.
She could be one smart tough cookie. I think Flack would be more drawn to her than a socialite. He would probably be drawn to a woman who could pin him to the floor.

darx2mint4 said:
I know I'm biased to what I'm about to write (because I do ship D/L :p), but would a one night stand say "i'm glad this happened?" and leave a note...and breakfast..?

YES , erm YES and erm YES.:lol:
Like everyone else, I've watched the aforementioned scenes quite a few times, yet I've drawn the complete opposite conclusion...but then that is what 'art' is about if you can back up your arguments, so here goes...
IMHO when Danny said "I'm glad this happened" he did not look happy/ecstatic, in fact I think his attitude/body language/tone of voice showed that he had just realised what a BIG MISTAKE he had made. And just before that was the LMAO scene when Lyndsay tells him about her dream, and he replies in a pissed off manner "Where would I go? This is my place?" (To which L replies "That wasn't the answer I wanted to hear!") The 2 comments made by Danny and the way they were portrayed could reflect that he wanted to do the dirty deed, did the dirty deed, but now regrets doing the dirty deed, but because he's not a 'player' he doesn't want to hurt Lyndsay's feelings...after all he still has to work with her!
Which leads nicely into my next 'argument'...the breakfast & note. Well, again IMHO he's had a work colleague 'stay the night' and as he's gone into work, he's thought it would only be polite to leave an explanation and some breakfast out for her. This to me spells in very large letters 'I'VE SEWN MY OATS, SHE'S NOT ALL THAT, I'LL SWOP SHIFTS WITH HER - THAT WAY I CAN AVOID THE EMBARRASSING MORNING AFTER CONVERSATION'
One more final point...when he wakes her up by touching her nose I did not think that this was in the slightest bit romantic. I thought he was prodding/poking her (and it was quite heavy-handed), while thinking Wake up, get off my pool table, and get out of my apartment!
I know this post should probably be in the 'Snow Day' thread, but I felt that I had to put forward the other biased side :lol:

I have no idea what to say. I just spent the last 20 minutes reading the spoilers and S4 is starting to sound like the OC to me! I don't even think that in S3, the writers could handle the two canons without letting it all fall apart and that's what happened.

I do not need to see sex in order to see character developemet. You need to develope a character with their personalities, FRIENDships, background, hobbies--things like that are what makes a person who they are--not their love life.

:lol: Out of curiosity, has Devon been casted?
I don't think that the character is necessary, but if so--I'd love to see someone who doesn't look like a supermodel, but a real person with a soul.

I have to agree with Danistheman and that it is quite possible to have a one night stand where you tell them you're glad this happened along with leaving a note and breakfast. Although I am curious as to where the daisy came from. Just because it's a one night stand, doesn't mean you can't still be nice about it.

I'm not saying they won't have them end up dating but there were lots of indications that it was only about sex. It was obvious Lindsay went to Danny's just to get him to bed. They were drinking shots..so they were more than likely a little drunk. Danny didn't even take her to his bed. Pool table sex could be great but first time sex on a pool table? Not very romantic or thoughtful. My favorite....Danny asking her where he'd go since it's his place.

I also like that theory that Danny took Lindsay's shift just to get out of the awkward "day after sex" moment.

As for Adam and Flack both having girlfriends....bring it on. I'm looking forward to seeing as much of Flack's body as I can this season and just hope there's some caps that's good enough to manip Flack and Danny together. :devil:

Kissmesweet, from what I've read, Devon will more than likely be stunningly beautiful. It appears there's no normal looking people in NY. I agree, character development without sex would be nice but it appears that's not gonna happen anymore.

I know I'm biased to what I'm about to write (because I do ship D/L ), but would a one night stand say "i'm glad this happened?" and leave a note...and breakfast..?

I agree with what Danistheman and CSIMfan said. "I'm glad this happened." does not translate into "I love you and want to be with you forever." or even "Let's date and see where this ends up." Even if he did really mean it and it wasn't a cop out it could also mean "I'm glad we had sex." and nothing more.

In the real world it is possible for people to have sex without any emotional attachment, so I'd assume the same could hold true for a TV show. ;)

Plus, they were in Danny's apartment. He couldn't just take off and leave her there without an explanation of some sort. Especially since they have to work together, it'd be in his best interest to avoid being a callous jackass about what happened.

Top41 said:
Amen, Kimmy!!! :D

Kimmychu said:
Just think of that scene with Danny and Flack at the bar in episode 3x23. That scene lasted only a few minutes, but it showed us a great deal about the two detectives and their friendship and a lovely peek into what they do apart from work. (And it didn't even need sex for it to be an interesting scene. ;)) I'm talking about non-shippy character development, especially character development that doesn't depend on another character. I'm talking about having each character develop independantly, with the viewers having the opportunity to see them on their own feet and get to know them. Don't you guys think it's sad that the show's three seasons in and we still barely know anything about at least half of the main cast?

I remember when that episode came out, everyone loved that scene because it showed the characters interacting outside of work and showing their humanity while still being relevant to both the episode and the show as a whole. It was interesting to see--in some way other than a meltdown--how this job affects these people. It was brilliant.

So yeah, I'd like to see more of that and less of Stella choosing bad men over and over again (because we couldn't have a smart, capable, strong woman making intelligent romantic choices :rolleyes: ) or Danny and Lindsay making googly eyes at each other in the lab.

Loved that scene between Flack and Danny. That's what I'd like to see more in Season Four...The non-shippy relationships between the characters....Come on TPTB, give us more of those!! :lol:

Sphinx said:
It would be great if Flack dated a massage Therapist. We would be treated to Flack getting a massage. He might only have a towel around him. I think the teens could deal with that.

Wow!! Flack in just a towel...Wouldn't that be lovely! :devil: :lol:

If they even do promotional shots this season, since they didn't bother with them for season three.

If we're lucky and they do them, I want Adam and Angell promos. *whistles innocently* ;)

ETA: *cough* I was thinking about cast photos, like they did for the first two seasons. Then it occurred to me that you might have meant episode stills. :eek:

In that case, I don't know when we'll get them...

Last year we got them in the middle of August I think? I forget when I posted them.

Anyways, when I get them, Ill be sure to post them .:D

Dearie me, talk about playing with one's expectations. After Top's interview with Carmine I had high hopes for S4, I really did and so, it appears, did he.

But reading all these spoilers I can't begin to tell you how my heart has sunk. Not only more of the same soapy, glamorous, unrealistic slush but an actual increase in it. WTF???

I loved CSI:NY because it was grittier, more earnest, tougher than the others. Now its become anodyne and shallow, with no real depth to the characters or to the lives they lead. Its all gloss and glamour. I miss that hard edge. I had hoped that it might have returned but clearly I'm going to be disappointed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back