CSI:NY Season 4 Spoilers: Hot Off The Press!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orison said:
That's what I'm hoping. Maybe that storyline about her and Danny almost kissing will make it into this season...

I can see that happening. With D/L being a couple, there could be some huge jealousy amongst Lindsay and not to mention a huge problem. Which makes tension. Which also makes tehdrama!

^ Which makes me happy. :D

If they're going with D/L as a couple then they definitely need to shake things up before I decide to kiss the show goodbye... Plus, I like Angell so that would be an added bonus. :)

IMO, I don't think that TPTB will add any drama for Danny and Lindsay this season, with all of the new romances for Adam, Flack, Stella, and maybe angst for Mac/Peyton.
That, and I just don't think it's Danny's personality to cheat.

Cheating means they're a couple, and I haven't seen that on the show yet, only a one-night stand, so I am taking the liberty to dream about what I'd like to see happen...

Does Danny sleeping with someone mean that he belongs to them or something? Because every time a person mentions Danny looking/dating/talking to someone else, it gets pointed out that he isn't the type to cheat. Even if Danny and Lindsay are dating, sometimes couples *gasp!* break up.

My desire to see Danny/Angell has waned considerably. If they're bringing her back, the last thing I want is for her to become another 'girlfriend.' I was going to make a joke about them opening episode 5 with her in her undies at Hawkes' place since it would fit the pattern I mentioned the other day, but the sad thing is that it wouldn't surprise me the slightest bit. :rolleyes:

Faylinn said:

I was going to make a joke about them opening episode 5 with her in her undies at Hawkes' place since it would fit the pattern I mentioned the other day, but the sad thing is that it wouldn't surprise me the slightest bit.

I know :rolleyes:...It's gonna be like the NY dating show soon. The thing that bugs me is WHY can't someone have a one night stand???......Jeez, it happens often enough in real life... The Danny / Lindsay debacle would have been much better handled keeping the flirty banter and innuendo, dropping the emasculation of Danny and the damn right nastiness of Lindsay (therefore giving more of us a chance to not actually loathe her character) and letting them have a one nighter in the finale, which they could have handled like the adults they're supposed to be and moved on.

The only way the writers can make it up to me..Mr lenkov excluded of course, is to give me the hook up of my dreams..Danny's bvd's hanging from Flack's bedpost would just about make my year.... :lol: :lol:

The thing that bugs me is WHY can't someone have a one night stand???......Jeez, it happens often enough in real life...

IMO, having the D/L thing be a one night stand and then dealing with the reprecussions of it would be a way more realistic situation. That type of mating dance is just as common as the "she doesn't want me, I have to have her, I'll do anything to get her" scenario that the writers gave us. Actually, Danny deciding that now that he's "got" her, he doesn't want her is a pretty standard ending to the above scenario - isn't it?
And these people are how old again? Sigh.

I don't know why we can't accept a character having a one night stand. It might be because we pictue people who have one night stands in a negative light. It never occurs to some of us that they may not have intended for it to be a one night stand. There are probably occasions where somebody has discovered somebody wasn't for them after sleeping with them once.

Sphinx said:
I don't know why we can't accept a character having a one night stand.

I agree, of course I also don't understand why we can't have one of the characters be LGBT or have a little more diversity. I mean it is supposed to be New freakin' York afterall! :rolleyes:

Okay, I've been catching up on the spoilers so far and here's my theory on why CSI:NY has suddenly decided to up the soap opera shippiness. If you guys watch the other two CSI series, you'll probably know both also have ships going official too. I think TPTB simply assumed that if the formula worked for one CSI show, it'd automatically work for the other two as well.

*BBPPP* Nope. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

The three CSI shows may have originated from the same creator, but it doesn't mean that they are all the same or that what works for one show will surely work for the others. Think about it this way: each CSI is based in a different city, and each city is unique with its own personality and character, so to speak. Each cast is also unique with its own set of individual actors / characters, its own strengths and weaknesses. So, slapping a generic formula on all three shows and expecting it to work with flying colors for each one is ... silly. It not only removes what makes each CSI show special, it also removes suspense and interest since a generic story plot / formula is always predictable.

I guess TPTB need to realize that there are viewers who actually use their brain and also remember details and unfinished storylines. All these spoilers about relationships for everyone is rather depressing. Not because everyone's banging somebody now but because it really feels like TPTB is doing this as a cop out of sorts. Ya know, in the hopes viewers will be squeeing so much over this soap opera shippiness that they'll forget about all the hanging plots that continue to remain in limbo. :rolleyes: It's almost condenscending, really.

As nice as it is to see that the detectives have lives outside of their work, there are definitely other ways to show this. It doesn't have to involve showing how pretty or how rich or how perfect their sex partners are. I personally find this both amusing and disappointing. It's almost as if TPTB are implying that only physically attractive, wealthy, white people exist in NYC and that you have to be the same in order to live a good life and be happy. *pffft* :rolleyes: And since when did being single and happy become such an unbelievable stigma, huh? What would be fantastic is seeing the main characters in, say, their apartments, just doing everyday things like dressing up for work and washing up in the bathroom. Heck, even showing any of them making breakfast can be a wealth of insight into a character when it's done right.

Just think of that scene with Danny and Flack at the bar in episode 3x23. That scene lasted only a few minutes, but it showed us a great deal about the two detectives and their friendship and a lovely peek into what they do apart from work. (And it didn't even need sex for it to be an interesting scene. ;)) I'm talking about non-shippy character development, especially character development that doesn't depend on another character. I'm talking about having each character develop independantly, with the viewers having the opportunity to see them on their own feet and get to know them. Don't you guys think it's sad that the show's three seasons in and we still barely know anything about at least half of the main cast?

And speaking of this one night stand thing, I'm on the side of, "Yeah, why is it so impossible that it was a one night stand?" I'm kinda suspicious (have been, for a long time, actually) that TPTB have been trying to target a younger audience for CSI:NY. As in, teenagers. Remember what Pam Veasey said about what's coming up for season four? Online celebrities? Pop stuff? Flashy things young people would like? :p If it's true that TPTB have been doing this, it's no surprise to me at all why the Danny/Lindsay relationship on the show has been so ... high-schoolish. It's the kind of drama mostly teenagers would be drawn to. Just look at what TV shows aimed at teenagers are like! It's all shippy, immature and usually selfish drama. Seriously, can you imagine mature, professional adults acting the way Danny and Lindsay have in some of the episodes? It's downright laughable and OOC, particularly on Danny's part.

So, yeah, I do find the spoilers a depressing outlook on the show for the upcoming season. I don't want flashy crap. You can package crap as pretty as you can, and it'll still be crap. I want substance, damnit. I want to know more about NYC. I want to know about its diversity, its people and not just the rich, white folk. I want stories that strike the heart and move viewers and make them think. I want to know more about the ordinary people of NYC, because it's the ordinary people who are truly extraordinary.

C'mon, TPTB, don't let us down this season. You still have the chance to bring it back to its former season one glory.

(Yeah, when I have something to say, I say it, a'right? :lol:)

Kimmychu said:
So, slapping a generic formula on all three shows and expecting it to work with flying colors for each one is ... silly.

*claps* Well said, Kim!!

What makes each show different is its unique setting, characters and storylines. No need to use the same formula if one can stand on its own.

I'm talking about non-shippy character development, especially character development that doesn't depend on another character. I'm talking about having each character develop independantly, with the viewers having the opportunity to see them on their own feet and get to know them. Don't you guys think it's sad that the show's three seasons in and we still barely know anything about at least half of the main cast?

Absolutely. Their private life is almost a case in itself, with no clues to decipher it.

It's the little hints that I love and have been longing for since the beginning. Short scenes like the D/F one you mentioned that show who these people really are besides sex or away from work. I really wish TPTB focused on this aspect in the new season, 'cause I'm definitely not interested in high school dramas... :rolleyes:

Kimmychu said:

I'm kinda suspicious (have been, for a long time, actually) that TPTB have been trying to target a younger audience for CSI:NY. As in, teenagers. Remember what Pam Veasey said about what's coming up for season four? Online celebrities? Pop stuff? Flashy things young people would like? If it's true that TPTB have been doing this, it's no surprise to me at all why the Danny/Lindsay relationship on the show has been so ... high-schoolish. It's the kind of drama mostly teenagers would be drawn to. Just look at what TV shows aimed at teenagers are like! It's all shippy, immature and usually selfish drama. Seriously, can you imagine mature, professional adults acting the way Danny and Lindsay have in some of the episodes? It's downright laughable and OOC, particularly on Danny's part.

That struck a chord. Obviously teens wouldn't be interested in watching someone who does a mundane job as a partner for their 'fave' characters. I mean, if that's the way it's going Flack wouldn't have a hope in hell of satisfying the teens if he had, say a high school teacher as a partner (instant teen hatred), or a waitress, or a storeclerk, cause that would be totally boring dude.. Hence the glam girlfriend to bling it up in the teen popularity stakes. Stella couldn't possibly date a *SHOCK...HORROR* Down to earth, loves her to pieces older guy, cause only totally twisted and ulteriormotived will do. You know there's some plots that could be greatly enhanced with a little scene ender of one of the cast going home and having a totally non-ulteriormotived cuddle and snuggling down on the sofa with someone who loves them to bits..i.e. normal life.

Okay, stepping off my soapbox now...

A couple of days ago Nadcus mentioned an interview with Carmine on youtube about series 4.Does anyone have a shortcut to it cos i can't find it at all. Thanks

I know I'm biased to what I'm about to write (because I do ship D/L :p), but would a one night stand say "i'm glad this happened?" and leave a note...and breakfast..?

I mean, if that's the way it's going Flack wouldn't have a hope in hell of satisfying the teens if he had, say a high school teacher as a partner (instant teen hatred), or a waitress, or a storeclerk, cause that would be totally boring dude..

Well, I'm a teenager, and I wouldn't care if Flack dated a teacher, but thats JMO.

Amen, Kimmy!!! :D

Kimmychu said:
Just think of that scene with Danny and Flack at the bar in episode 3x23. That scene lasted only a few minutes, but it showed us a great deal about the two detectives and their friendship and a lovely peek into what they do apart from work. (And it didn't even need sex for it to be an interesting scene. ;)) I'm talking about non-shippy character development, especially character development that doesn't depend on another character. I'm talking about having each character develop independantly, with the viewers having the opportunity to see them on their own feet and get to know them. Don't you guys think it's sad that the show's three seasons in and we still barely know anything about at least half of the main cast?

I remember when that episode came out, everyone loved that scene because it showed the characters interacting outside of work and showing their humanity while still being relevant to both the episode and the show as a whole. It was interesting to see--in some way other than a meltdown--how this job affects these people. It was brilliant.

So yeah, I'd like to see more of that and less of Stella choosing bad men over and over again (because we couldn't have a smart, capable, strong woman making intelligent romantic choices :rolleyes: ) or Danny and Lindsay making googly eyes at each other in the lab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back