CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering some other spoilers we've got for later episodes, I'm not sure what to think about this, but anyway, this is what Ausiello has to say about Danny and Lindsay's relationship...

Question: I just picked up the new issue of TV Guide so I could learn about all of my returning favorites, and I nearly stopped breathing when I read the CSI: NY update. Danny and Lindsay are going to cool off? What does that mean exactly? — Andrea

Ausiello: I'm hearing something about another woman. And possibly [Don't shoot the messenger!] some sex.

I wonder if any CSI: NY fans ever ask Ausiello about anything other than D/L? :lol:

Thanks for the Ausiello update Elsie. :D

I'll take what Ausiello has to say with a grain of salt. :lol: Is the other woman supposedly Rikki? I don't think Danny will jump into the sack with Rikki IMHO. Anyway, talking about D/L cooling off...Were they even hot to begin with? :lol: [/sarcasm]

^I know I'm a D/L shipper and I'm supposed to be freaking out and all...but there's something peculiar about that spoiler, (and with Ausiello in general). Can't put my finger on it though...

If Danny sleeps with Rikki, I don't think it'll be just the D/L shippers who would be disappointed.

If Danny sleeps with Rikki, I don't think it'll be just the D/L shippers who would be disappointed.

Yeah, you're right. The woman lost her son, and Danny has a part of the fault for that. Both of them are really torn by that, and making them sleeping together is just...not right. I would be very, very disappointed.

You're right about that. If TPTB are using Rikki as a plot device for cliched drama it's a waste of both a good story line and a good actress. :rolleyes: :scream:

Well Danny has an uber big fanbase, and if TPTB had any sense at all, they'd know they'd be disappointing quite a few people. :rolleyes:

But then I wonder if it has nothing to do with it at all, and DL's relationship is just going to be pushed back to make way for superMac and his new interest. There was nothing tying what AA said to Danny or Lindsay.

:rolleyes:

Ok, I'm baffled here a bit. How come Ausiello is never doubted when he has good news about DL, yet when it's something negative about the ship, he could suddenly be wrong?

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe Danny and Rikki have more history together than what we've seen on the show so far? Maybe there had been something between them for quite a while. Maybe it's not just grief sex, if the other woman is indeed Rikki. Maybe there was something happening between them and what happened with Ruben just pushed them together.

There was nothing tying what AA said to Danny or Lindsay.
The question asked was specifically about Danny and Lindsay so how could it not be tied to them?

^Which I wouldn't mind if Lindsay was completely out of the picture. Otherwise it's just weird and confusing.

We don't know exactly when all this is happening do we? If Danny does have sex with another woman, and if said woman is Rikki, and it happens before 4x19, then I'm assuming he doesn't tell Lindsay about it. And if they are on an actual date, that means they're together, so Danny technically cheated and that still remains wrong in my book no matter what the circumstance.

I'm guessing if the sex was between Danny and Lindsay, Ausiello wouldn't be saying, "Don't shoot the messenger." So I wonder if that "intimate way" Danny turns to someone in 416 is that he sleeps with Rikki.

I can see grief sex happening--people do crazy or sometimes out of character things when they're upset. And Carmine did say way back when that Danny might be looking elsewhere.

I guess a lot of it depends on if Danny and Lindsay are in fact together. I know a lot of us assumed they were at the beginning of the season. I know a few folks mentioned there was no real evidence that they were, and I have to say, I kind of thought that was wishful thinking. Now I'm wondering if you guys are right, especially given what Carmine and Anna have said in interviews about not knowing whether or not Danny and Lindsay are together.

If Danny and Lindsay aren't together, Danny sleeping with Rikki is not cheating. Danny is such an emotional person, and from what we've seen, that's the one big way Lindsay just can't seem to connect with him or be there for him. To me, that says whether they're together or not, they don't have much of a future. Maybe Danny pushing her away and sleeping with someone else will be Lindsay's wake up call that if she wants to be with Danny, she's going to have to step up to the plate and really show him she wants him, not just physically but on an emotional level as well. That's one thing we've never talked about--maybe they've just been hooking up and aren't really serious or exclusive. And because Lindsay hasn't been there for Danny with the Ruben stuff, he's decided to look elsewhere.

If she's neglecting evidence for him in episode 17 and they're on a date in 19, that suggests to me that whatever happens with Rikki is a wake-up call to Lindsay, and maybe she decides she really wants Danny and is going to show him that she really does care for him.

I guess that's just my take on it. The spoilers are kind of confusing, because it's strange to think about him sleeping with Rikki in 416 and then he and Lindsay being on a date several episodes later. Unless he doesn't sleep with Rikki until later in the season? I guess we'll see what happens...

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm thinking Danny and Lindsay might not be on an actual date and that Danny had planned on taking somebody else to the game (Flack anybody?) and that maybe he had to work and Lindsay just happened to be available at the last minute. (Hey, I can dream :p)

Seriously though, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I have hope TPTB show Rikki as more than grief sex or whatever if it is indeed Rikki he sleeps with. Maybe Rikki was who Danny wanted all along and he somehow (being drunk) just ended up having sex with Lindsay. Anything is possible.

Ok, I'm baffled here a bit. How come Ausiello is never doubted when he has good news about DL, yet when it's something negative about the ship, he could suddenly be wrong?

There was nothing tying what AA said to Danny or Lindsay.
The question asked was specifically about Danny and Lindsay so how could it not be tied to them?

You're not the only one baffled by these things. :wtf:

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe Danny and Rikki have more history together than what we've seen on the show so far? Maybe there had been something between them for quite a while. Maybe it's not just grief sex, if the other woman is indeed Rikki. Maybe there was something happening between them and what happened with Ruben just pushed them together.

We also don't know the status of Danny and Lindsay's relationship. I would venture a guess that DL shippers think they're together in a serious, exclusive relationship, but there's nothing to support that so far. Personally, one of the reasons I like Danny so much is because of his flaws, so it would take a lot to make me suddenly do a 180 and hate him. If TPTB go the cliched route of Rikki and Danny having one time grief sex, Danny confessing to cheating on Lindsay and Lindsay going off on how the evil, city playboy seduced the pure, innocent country girl and really didn't love her and she gave so much in the relationship while he just took, etc., I'll seriously consider drop kicking my TV out the living room window. But I'll be pissed because TPTB chose more high school, cliched drama over a mature, adult resolution.

We also don't know the status of Danny and Lindsay's relationship. I would venture a guess that DL shippers think they're together in a serious, exclusive relationship, but there's nothing to support that so far. Personally, one of the reasons I like Danny so much is because of his flaws, so it would take a lot to make me suddenly do a 180 and hate him. If TPTB go the cliched route of Rikki and Danny having one time grief sex, Danny confessing to cheating on Lindsay and Lindsay going off on how the evil, city playboy seduced the pure, innocent country girl and really didn't love her and she gave so much in the relationship while he just took, etc., I'll seriously consider drop kicking my TV out the living room window. But I'll be pissed because TPTB chose more high school, cliched drama over a mature, adult resolution.

Except that it was Lindsay who came on to Danny and not vice versa.

I still can't see Danny actually cheating. He's always been shown to be sweet-natured and loyal; it's just not in character at all. Maybe Lindsay's monologue in 415 is more of the same selfish crap and he decides he's had enough of it and tells her to piss off. Then he sleeps with Rikki in 416 (when they're off, if they were ever on to begin with) and then in 417 and onwards, Lindsay decides to win him back.

We also don't know the status of Danny and Lindsay's relationship. I would venture a guess that DL shippers think they're together in a serious, exclusive relationship, but there's nothing to support that so far.
I never have believed that DL were actually together. I'm sure everybody knows that though. :p I've always believed that the DL sex in Snow Day was merely a one night stand.

Exactly! Lindsay is the one who made that "Benjamin" bet with Danny and it was Lindsay who insinuated he should pay up with sex. What hot blooded male is going to turn down sex? Not many that I know of.

Details more important than that one have been altered to fit a later episode. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they made Danny out as the persuer. Hell, they had Sid tell Lindsay that Danny had a crush on her when it was obvious Lindsay was the one crushing on him.

I still can't see Danny actually cheating. He's always been shown to be sweet-natured and loyal; it's just not in character at all. Maybe Lindsay's monologue in 415 is more of the same selfish crap and he decides he's had enough of it and tells her to piss off. Then he sleeps with Rikki in 416 (when they're off, if they were ever on to begin with) and then in 417 and onwards, Lindsay decides to win him back.

Your scenario would be much better, I just usually jump to the worse case scenario where TPTB are concerned. :eek:

And thanks, btw. I now have an image of Danny following a pissed off Lindsay around saying "We were on a breeaak," over and over. :p :lol:

Hey, I'm just saying there are ways to answer a question about someone by implying something else. *shrugs* Dont shoot me either :p

It's true if Danny and Lindsay aren't together, and Danny does have sex with Rikki, then it's not cheating. Which I guess I wouldn't mind. Cheating is just wrong and about the only problem I have with it.

TPTB need to stop playing games with us and just say whether they are together or not. It's one thing if we dont know. It's another when the actors themselves don't know :eek:

But I'll be pissed because TPTB chose more high school, cliched drama over a mature, adult resolution.
That's the annoying part. I wouldn't mind so much if they stated that they're not in a relationship, or they broke up...but to have such a soap opera storyline?

Am I the only slightly annoyed that Ruben's death suddenly turns into a debate on who's sleeping with who? Way to remember someone :rolleyes:

And thanks, btw. I now have an image of Danny following a pissed off Lindsay around saying "We were on a breeaak," over and over.
Oh please no, I'd rather them just go their seperate ways than whining. :eek: :p

ETA: BTW, is the monologue confirmed for 4x15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back