CSI:NY Season 3 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by June_85, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Thank you very much!! I swear my dvd player will have a fit soon it I make it watch Run Silent, Run Deep, On the Job or Tanglewood anymore!!
    I think Saturday nights should be a mandatory night off!!

2. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

I can't wait for tomorrows eppie!!! But, can I just ask, and Im sorry if it sounds rude, not intended, but people are complaining that Peytons accent is OTT (I wouldn't know, yet to see it *sob*) but wouldn't all us English gals sound OTT next to a load of Americans? :confused: I don't know, amybe its just me *shrug*

Also, I want lots and lots of Flack action, Im actually having withdrawal symptoms! *sniffle* It seems we only get repeats of Season 1/2 on Fridays...*sigh* But yeah, physched for tomorrows eppie!!! *claps, does a lil' dance!*

~xJemmax~

3. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

No I don't think it's just you :D

As someone else remarked Peyton in CSI:NY is like Alex Kingston in ER, their voices sound even more cut-glass when contrasted with the American accents surrounding them.

And yes, I think I'd probably sound OTT too..... :lol:

4. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I agree with you all I would probably sound more OTT next to the Americans too!

5. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

I like Peyton's accent. She reminds me of Laura Croft. There was an article recently about how class snobbery/reverse class snobbery is a huge problem in Britain, and I'm wondering if a lot of the dislike for Peyton comes from the fact she "talks posh".

6. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

This may sound abit harsh but surely she has to speak posh and properly so the Americans can understand her. If she had a proper cockney or scouse accent - it would be alot different!!

7. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

It's not harsh at all. Didn't they have to subtitle Trainspotting for a US audience? Claire Forlani probably has had instructions on how they wanted her to speak.

8. chelliyah

chelliyah Pathologist

ya know what, its the same round the other way to, where i work, we have an american girl, and when ever customers talk to her they totally notice the fact that she is american lol but yeah, it sounds different :D

9. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I guess it works both ways!! I guess I'd have trouble understanding a thick New York accent or a deep south accent!!
    I never knew that about Trainspotting, but hell I had troubles understanding the english version so thank god they did that!!

10. csiviper

csiviper Witness

I love Peyton's accent, English accents are hot. Im woman they are good but on man are hot.

11. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Yeah there is an American girl working in a shop I frequent quite often and she sticks out like a sore thumb lol.

Also in the reverse, even if I'm surrounded by say, Bristoloan, Cockney, Scottish, Welsh, Brummie, Geordie, Irish accents, let alone American I stand out a mile with my Lancashire/Manchester accent haha

LOL @ The comment about Trainspotting needed subtitles for the American audience. Whenever I flicked onto Rab C Nesbit years back when it was on I couldn't understand a single bloody word :lol:

I've been doin quite well the past fortnight about spoilers, I've stayed out of the topic, and I continue to do so, although I guess I'll only reep the benefits of that in about 15 weeks time :lol:

Soooo.... Not What It Looks like is on tonight.....bummer that I've already seen it :lol: but I'm sure I'll squeeze in a another view tonight :cool: Peyton is back in tonights episode again isn't she?

12. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I think Peyton is in tonights episode!!
    I'm really looking forward to it!! I'm very excited! I've just seen the trailer and it looks fabulous!!

13. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

Yeah it is a good episode, I think its better than PWM.

All the D/L fans will be flapping at tonights episode haha

14. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

Eurghh!! D/L. Sorry if anyone's a fan but I'm so not - it irritates me but enough of that!
    The only good thing is I know what kinda happens in next weeks and I'll be happy again!!

15. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I am not a Danny & Lyndsay shipper either, it annoys me to high hell.

I take it Love Run Cold is Episode is 3 then if your happy about next weeks episode :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.