CSI:NY:Season 2 DVD

I have a question.
So, I have the Canadian release of season 2. I decided on that one as opposed to the US release because I preferred the cover art.
I was really dissappointed when I realized the audio commentaries are missing, since that's always my favourite bonus feature.
I was going to put my set up on the amazon marketplace and buy the US version because also, I don't like that the Canadian set has french on the front cover & side panel (i'm really anal about the perfectionism of my dvd shelf - I'm eventually going to trade in my season 6 csi for the same reason).
So finally, my question. lol
Are the commentaries worth me getting the US release? And also, what is the packaging like on the US release, and does it come with a booklet like the Canadian one does?

Thanks to whoever can help me out. =)

Alas, no booklet! That would be cool. What's in the booklet?

I've only listened to one of the commentaries, the one for "Trapped." I thought it was interesting and informative, and even mentioned how the fangirls love seeing Carmine in a tank top (shoutout to Talk CSI? :lol: ).

The DVDs are in "book" format in the sense that when you slide it out of the box, the DVD trays are arranged so that you can flip through them sequentially. I don't know if that made any sense, but basically they don't fold out into a long row or anything like that.

I believe there are 5 commentaries--Summer in the City, Grand Murder, Bad Beat, Trapped and one more...can't recall at the moment! :eek:

Hope that helps. :cool:

Are the commentaries worth me getting the US release?

Ive heard about the commentaries and they seem really cool. But I don't know if they're worth spending money on a whole new set of DVDs. Since there's only about 5 commentaries, they're only on the first 1 or 2 DVDs. Id suggest just renting them from a video store. That's just my opinion though.

One side is English & one side is French. Each page lists which episodes are on which disk & gives a short description of the episode. Along with a promo picture of a cast member.

The DVDs are in "book" format in the sense that when you slide it out of the box, the DVD trays are arranged so that you can flip through them sequentially.
The Canadian ones are exactly like that, too.

Top41 said:

Like allstar said, it's just episode descriptions. But each page has a season 2 promo pic of each cast member. . . And than if you flip it over its the same info (and pics!) in French.

The DVDs are in "book" format . . . but basically they don't fold out into a long row or anything like that.
Yeh, that's basically the info I was looking for, I hate sets that fold out like that . . . especially cause most of the time it means discs overlap eachother.

Anyway, thank you SO much for replying, I've been waiting impatiently for someone to notice my comments. lol
You definitly helped me out, and made my dilemma a little easier =)

Ive heard about the commentaries and they seem really cool. But I don't know if they're worth spending money on a whole new set of DVDs. Since there's only about 5 commentaries, they're only on the first 1 or 2 DVDs. Id suggest just renting them from a video store. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah, I was thinking of maybe buying it on amazon, watching it and than just selling it. I don't think any of the video stores here would have the US release . . . but I could check it out. Thanks! :)

Back