CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

Thanks for the reviews.:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally Home...

When they landed at the Airport, everyone was fully jetlagged.

"Mm... smell that wonderful New York air, hear that wonderful, New York noise. Feel that wonderful New York ground. God... it's sure not good to be home," laughed Claire.

"That's a good one kiddo. Now let's get outta here, I need sleep."

With everyone parting their seperate ways, Claire kissed her mom, dad, and brother good bye.

"We'll see you tomorrow for dinner mom. Tony and I will bring the dessert."

"Okay love, rest easy. Bye my grandbabies."

"Bye nana, bye papa, we love you."

When the Staton's got home, they found their mailbox stuffed with mail.

Unlocking the door Claire and the boys collapsed on the floor, leaving Tony to pretend he tripped over them. As they laughed, and crawled their way to the living room.

"That was funny dad."

"Yeah dad, that was great. I laughed at your face as you fell and ouffed."

Once they had everything unpacked, Claire collapsed on the bed, and fell into sleep. Leaving Tony and the boys, to fend for themselves.

Meanwhile...

Danny, Adam, and Sheldon decided to head to station and see what had happened , while they were gone.

"So um... where were you the night before we left Danny? You didn't come back to the room." asked Sheldon.

"Who are you? My mother? he laughed. Let's just say I had a better sleep'n partner."

"Mhm... looks like Messer got himself a little something, something."

Pulling into the station Danny laughed.

"Well God damn. Look who's back. Donald Duck and friends," laughed
Brigg's being a smart ass.

"Just for that Brigg's, you don't get your Mickey Mouse ears, smirked Danny. So what'd we miss?"

"Alot. One important piece of information. Trudder's son Jerry was released from the State Mental Hospital on thursday. He came here looking for his dad. Hadder told him he was dead. He said the kid went nuts. He threw chairs, knocked over tables, tore things off the desks. It took four of us to apprehend him."

"So you locked him up again?"

"No... judge overturned it, said any kid would be distraught, if he found out his father was murdered."

"Great... you do have men on him though, right?"

"No. Why would we, he's done nothing wrong."

"Alright... did he ask for information on his mother or brother?"

"I don't know. The kids lawyer was, Thompkins. A real idiot. I'm sure he can tell you, what he told the kid. Why?"

"Cause before we put Jerry away, he vowed revenge on those that hurt him. Starting with his mother and brother."

"Christ Messer, I didn't know. None of us did."

"That's okay. I'm going to call, and let her know her son's been released.

Sheldon you call Claire and Tony, let them know. Then call Gary, tell him to get his superior butt in here, and handle this crap."

Heading to his lab, Adam heard Danny mumble... "Welcome back to hell."

When Sheldon called Gary, he was just getting ready to lay down.

"Hello."

"Gary, it's Sheldon. Danny said to get your superior butt in here, and handle Jerry Trudder. He was released on... Hello? Gary... hello."

"Hey Sheldon... did you get in touch with Gary yet?"

"I had him on the line. But as soon as I mentioned Trudder, he disappeared."

"That means he's on his way down here. Did ya call Claire and Tony yet?"

"I'm doing that right now. Hey... where you going Danny?"

"To check on Judy and her boys. If he's going after anyone, it will be them first, cause they stayed in New York."

When Danny arrived at Judy's, he found her door open, and arterial spray on the walls. Calling it in, Danny searched the home and found Judy's oldest boy, laying on the floor, with his throat slit. Seeing the blood lead up the stairs, he ran up and found Judy gasping for air.

Stopping the blood flow, Danny called to her over and over, to hold on.

"Listen to me Judy...where is Keith?"

Pointing her finger under her bed, Danny called to him...

"Keith... it's Danny Messer, it's okay to come out. Come out Keith."
Crawling out from under the bed, he crunched up in the corner, not moving.

"Danny...Danny... are you okay?"

"Yeah Gary... we're upstairs, I need you to call EMT's."

"I already did, they are on their way."

Looking over in the corner, Gary seen Keith shivering. Carefully approaching him, he checked him over.

"Hi Keith... it's okay. I'm Detective Gary Taylor, I'm here to help you. Can you tell me who did this to your mom, and brother?"

"Jjjj...Jjjj...Jerry," he screamed.

Taking the boy in his arms, Gary held him tightly, as he continued to scream.

"Don... have an all points put out on Jerry Trudder, now."

When the EMT's arrived, they wrapped Keith in a blanket, and stabilized Judy.

"Gary... I'm going with Judy and her son. I'll call you from the Hospital."

"Alright. Sheldon, you and Adam process, I need to get over to my sisters, she and her boys are next."

Running from the home, Gary smacked right into Tony.

"Ouff... shit Tony. We need to get back to your place now. Claire and your boys are next."

"Christ Gary, it wasn't supposed to be this way. If anything happens..."

"Don't say it Tony. Don't God damn say it."

When they got to the house, they found the rooms torn apart. Yelling throught the home Tony was panicking. After searching all the room, Claire and the boys came walking through the door.

"What the fu.... what happened?"

Seeing his wife and children, Anthony ran over and smothered them in his arms.

"Thank God you weren't home. Where were you guys?"

"We got hungry, so I took the boys for a burger. Mind telling me what happened to our home?"

"Jerry Trudder. He was released on thursday. He already killed one of Judy's sons, and critically injured Judy."

"So he did all this? For crying out loud, can we go on vacation again?"

Gary didn't think that was such a bad idea for, Claire and her boys.

"Forget it Gary. I was kidding."

Looking down at her boys, she could see how frightened they were.

"Listen Jimmy, and James. Nothing is going to happen to you two. Try not to worry."

"We will mom. But do you think you can find him before monday daddy? Cause if not, I don't want to go back too school."

Claire wrapped James in her arms.

"It's going to be okay James, don't worry."

"Hey Gary...yelled Danny. We just got a hit on Jerry. Not more then two minutes after the picture went up. Twenty five calls so far, that he was seen on subway heading East."

"Have you got any men on it?"

"Yeah... all exits in and out of New York are covered."

"Good. Let's just hope this isn't a bad lead, and we end up with nothing."

Heading out the door. Gary said... "take care of your family Tony. I'll call you when we find him."

Nodding okay, Tony watched as they pulled away.

When they caught up with the Subway train, they found it empty.

"Great... I thought you said you had men at every stop?"

"No... I said we had all the exits covered out of New York."

"Danny... are you telling me you didn't bother putting men at each stop?"

"It's not that I didn't bother. I was in a hurry. I was worried about Judy, just like you were worried about Claire."

Gary breathed deep. I'm sorry Danny. It's just we need to catch him. If he's hiding out now, the chances become slim of us never finding him. Then none of us will have peace. Have you got men at the Hospital with Judy and her son?"

"Yeah... it's all taken care of. What are you going to do about Claire, Anthony and the boys?"

"Trust me... Anthony can protect his own. Claire will be fine, so will their boys."

Meanwhile...

He needed a place to lie low for a while. It was mid afternoon now, and he knew any chance he had of getting out of New York, was now, next to impossible. Sneaking into an apartment complex, he hid in the stairwell. As he looked around, he seen a box of clothes marked Goodwill.

Opening the box, he seen all the clothing inside. Taking out the shirt and pair of pants, he put them on, along with the hat, and as he went to reseal the box, he heard someone coming down the staircase.

"You listen to me young man. You get my car back here before my shift at eleven."

"I will mom, don't worry."

Coming down the last stairecase, Jerry jumped out at him, and stabbed him through the stomach. Grabbing the keys, he took off into the underground parking. Pressing the key ring, he followed the sound of the alarm. Finding the car, he got in and drove off.

When he got far enough away from the apartment, he stopped by a drive through and grabbed a burger and fries. Parking the car in the far corner, he turned off the ignition and enjoyed his meal.

Miami, Florida...

Teresa had just got in the door, when she got the call from Don.

"Hello."

"Teresa... it's Don Flack."

"Oh hey Don. How are you?"

"Not good, I need to make you aware that Jerry is out of the State Facility. I'm not sure how to say this...um... he may be on his way to find you and Ben. He already killed Judy's oldest son Kevin, and injured Judy.

Keith managed to hide under the bed. By any chance could Ben have contacted his brother., over the last few years?"

"I"m honestly not sure Don. I don't think he would. He hates his brother, especially since he stabbed him three years ago. I can't believe he got out this early."

"Either can we. I'm going to get in touch with a Lt.Horatio Caine. He works at the Miami-Dade Crime lab. I'll make him aware of the situation, and have him send someone over to keep an eye on you and Ben."

"Okay... thanks Don, for everything."

"You're welcome Teresa, and try not to worry. We'll find him."

Hanging up the phone Teresa headed to the beach, to find her son and bring him home.

Last edited:
Five Weeks Later...

With no sign of Jerry for five weeks. Don called Miami, and found out some bad news, about Teresa and her son disappearing.

Hanging up with Lt.Horatio Caine, he wondered were the hell she would have taken off to. Turning around, Don seen her standing there with her son Ben.

"Teresa? What are you doing here? Do you know how worried I've been?"

"I had to come back Don. I couldn't stay in Miami. I know, you know Horatio Caine, but I don't. I feel safer here."

As much as Don understood, he couldn't figure why it bothered him so much. But Danny knew, as he watched from the door. Danny knew that
Teresa had a thing for his partner. And as much as Danny, trusted Don, not to be unfaithful to Jess... sometimes under serious stress, things happened completely by accident.

"Hey Don... hi Teresa, Ben. I'll keep them with me Don. I don't have a
family. The only one that would be in danger is myself."

Danny could see the disappointment in Teresa's face.

"Um... I don't know Danny. I don't want my son and I to put you in danger."

"What... you'd rather have Don, Jess, and his new son in danger? I don't think so Teresa, you'll stay with me, I already cleared it with Gary."

Don looked at Danny, he couldn't remember him talking to anyone.

"It's for the best Teresa. You both stay with Danny. I'll come by and check on you later."

"No... I really don't want to, I feel bad putting Danny in danger. Just put us up at a Hotel, we'll be fine with some Officers to watch us."

Danny was getting pissed. He knew what she was up too. She knew that Don would be by constantly to check on her, and that's when she would play her hand.

"Give us a minute Teresa, please."

Waiting out the in the hall with Ben, Danny said...

"Listen to me Don. I think this may be a bad idea. I'm think'n Teresa has a thing for you. I've seen it in her eyes."

Don laughed. "Come on Danny. That's crazy. She's just scared, and feels safe with me, cause I was there to help her through her pain, and help her understand, what had been done to Claire."

"I'm tell'n ya Don. She has a fixsation with you. I've seen it in alot of victims. They tend to fixate themselves on those that help them. Just let me keep her with me man. Last thing you need, is Jess pissed at you."

"Fine. She stays at a Hotel, with you, and a few other Officers to watch her and her son."

"Promise me Don that you'll stay away. Promise me, man."

"I promise Danno, now let's get her settled."

Meanwhile...

Claire shut off the alarm and climbed over Anthony to get out of bed. As she stood, she felt the nausea hit her. Running into the bathroom, she threw up in the toilet. hearing her wretched sounds, Tony ran in, as did the boys.

"Whoa... eww... it's the exorcist. Gross mom, what is wrong with you?"

"I think I have the flu. Get dressed and out of here, I don't want you catching it."

"Maybe I should stay home today, baby."

"No Tony. You have to go too the University, it's your first day as a
Professor of Ancient History. You can't disappoint your class."

"You're more important sweetheart."

"Aww... as sweet as that is, you haven't let me out of your sight since
Jerry was released. It's been almost five weeks, he obviously managed to escape out of New York. So go, please."

Sighing deep, Tony dressed, kissed her head, and headed out with the boys.

Last edited:
Back