CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

I enjoyed the episode. I think the race angle was done well. I was also glad that they mentioned Brass shooting the cop, good continuity.
I liked seeing all the team together, they interact so well. Not too much Langston this week, and the bits he did didn't have him as a super-csi.
I hadn't noticed the bit with Cath and Greg. I didn't realise she was giving it to anyone in particular. I hope they dont bring any conflict in between them. The Nick and Brass thing did seem overdone. I thought they were over that.

Maybe Wendy actually did something strange, and had a day off, 'shock horror!' But it is strange how she has rarely been in the episodes now that she is in the opening credits.

Ohh, and pleased to see we will get the triple crossover! I wonder if they will show them one after the other on the same night?

Ohh, and pleased to see we will get the triple crossover! I wonder if they will show them one after the other on the same night?

I have to admit, I've been wondering how they were going to do that, given that they're not currently showing the new season of Miami. They might just do something like a special Saturday and show all three episodes back to back - or maybe do the Miami and NY episodes on Saturday and then the Las Vegas ep in its usual spot. Still got a couple of weeks before we find the answer to that, though.

Unless there's anything on Five's website about it... *wanders off to go and look*

^ Hmm. Not sure which way I would prefer. In one way it would be good to see them all together, but in another I dont really like watching tv for more than 2 hours at a time. (I know- im a lightweight!)
So might be good if they split it up, on the 2 nights. Either way the amount of times they advertised it last night, im guessing we will find out all very soon!

Nice episode. You did need to concentrate a little bit - which is a nice change from some of the more cut-and-dried episodes - but I think pretty much everyone got something to do, even if I'm really not sure WHAT Langston was trying to demonstrate to Nick in their conversation about the two sorts of football (well, one sort of football and one version of rugby for whimps!)

Wendy volunteering Hodges was too cute - Wallace Langham can say more with a mouthful of food and no dialogue than most people can manage with ten lines of dialogue.

Better point: WENDY!!!!

The idea of Hodges being Archie's stand-in is a little scary, though!

Question: Langston's dad's career military and he moved around bases across the world (hence his growing up playing football not rugby-for-whimps). David's dad is also (at least presumably) career military (he's a high-up at Nellis AFB, as shown and stated in s2's Felonius Monk) and yet he took seven-year-old David to see Coach Miller's first game? Do career Air Force people not move around the same way career army do? Or have the writers forgotten they gave that chunk of background to David all the way back in season 2?

Also: "Thanks for ruining another breakfast"/"That's what I do" - congratulations, CSI script writers, you actually managed to make my mother giggle.:lol:

Lastly: Now we know how they're going to do the trilogy - Miami next Tuesday, after the next Vegas episode and then, presumably, the NY and Vegas episodes airing in their usual slots. Not sure WHAT I think about that part...

So what does anyone else think?

Me likey, me likey alot !! :p
Was seriously confussed to start with mind, but soon got what was going on... unfortunately my cousin (who is no where near as obsessed as me, but was forced to watch it tonight) had to ask what was happening a few times.
We were not happy that the boy turned out to be the killer.. It did however get our nan shouting *he seemed such a nice boy* which caused a few giggles, bless her. :lol:

*sigh* I <3 Hodges & Wendy !! Even if he does make me want to pull my hair out at times.. but when there together they're just too sweet to matter !! :rolleyes: :D

I agree, have no idea what the whole football / football thing was about.. we all know that there are 2 different types, you don't have to explain it to us !!

All i can say in *yippeeee* i actually can't wait for next tuesday !! It looks so good, well the adverts did. I'm hoping it all makes sence; as in the order 5 are putting them on.. i'm guessing it will. *eeeeek* Off to control my excittement before bed as i have schoolies tomorrow !! :scream: LOL

I agree, have no idea what the whole football / football thing was about.. we all know that there are 2 different types, you don't have to explain it to us !!

I think that bit was probably written with an eye to people who *don't* know there are two sorts and/or as a sop to the international audience by going "Okay so we know what we call football isn't what you call football".

I'm just more concerned by Laurence Fishbourne's random girations - do THAT too many times and he'll stick...!

All i can say in *yippeeee* i actually can't wait for next tuesday !! It looks so good, well the adverts did. I'm hoping it all makes sence; as in the order 5 are putting them on.. i'm guessing it will. *eeeeek* Off to control my excittement before bed as i have schoolies tomorrow !! :scream: LOL

Heh :) No worries on that score. The order is Miami to New York to Vegas and that's the order we're going to get them in (there's still one Vegas episode to go before the crossover ep so that's what we'll get next Tuesday at 9)

Good luck with school ;)

I thought this weeks episode was very good , i can't wait to next week episode and part one of the trilogy , which is on after it .

Looking forward to the trilogy. I think it makes most sense, the way they are putting them on. And Miami is my fav, so getting excited about that!

Last epi was ok. Some funny bits in, an ok story. Truthfully cant remember that much about it!

I have to admit, this is one of the s10 episodes I've been looking forward to since it aired in the US back in November.

And then there's the first part of the trilogy which, I have to admit, I'm not quite so keen on (not being a Miami fan). Question: Is the trilogy eps that don't take place in Vegas going to be fair game for discussion on this thread or would they be considered off topic?

^ Yeah, happy Pancake day! Although Im not having any today- ive had them the past 2 days instead :)

Athersgeo- I think it would be fine discussing the trilogy as a whole here. There is the NY current series thread, but I dont think we have to be that strict- its kinda like 1 long epi really. :rolleyes:

Im glad we have 2 new epis tonight. Im back in work today after having more than a week off, so I needed something to cheer me up.

Wow.

Definitely worth the wait for 'Death and the Maiden'. It's another episode you needed a score card to keep track of and I have to admit I did find the three different "I killed him" confessions a little more giggle worthy than I probably should, but as a story I think it really hung together well.

Did get a giggle over Greg's monologue - he's clearly still more than a little disgruntled with life which, given CSI's occasional tendency to set up plot threads only to drop them again, is nice. I also LOVED his sticking up for Wendy when she thought she'd screwed up.

Speaking of: WENDY!!!!!!!!! Two episodes in a row. Does this mean she's going to vanish again or is she now back to stay? Loved the "lab rat to field mouse" line and the mental image of Ecklie reading "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is entertaining. *pause* Actually, given last week's episode, I like that that was the book Hodges mentioned - but little things like that do amuse me...

The reason I was so interested to see this episode was to see the introduction of April, a character that I've seen (in other parts) somewhat, er, vilified. I thought 'No way she could be quite as bad as people are making her out to be' - and I was right. Definitely not a complete witch. None too sure I necessarily LIKE her (she's the sort of woman I dislike intensely, having known more than a few), but I think she could be an interesting recurring character, if they were to go that route...

Lastly, I think I can safely say that I'm a happy Ward Girl. Not sure this was quite as good as s9's 'Turn, Turn, Turn' and definitely not as good as s6's 'Gum Drops', it's definitely a good nickisode as far as I'm concerned *grin*

Athersgeo- I think it would be fine discussing the trilogy as a whole here. There is the NY current series thread, but I dont think we have to be that strict- its kinda like 1 long epi really. :rolleyes:

Okdokes. I'll save up my main thoughts for next week when we get the last part, but I just have to say three things about tonight's instalment:
1) Horatio Caine - STILL the most annoying character in any CSI franchise. (Can you tell I'm not a Miami fan here?)
2) Can anyone explain to me why almost without fail if there's an ME on a CSI show he's at least two parts nuts? Doc Robbins in Vegas and his happy clapper (which got a giggle out of my mother - CSI writers, you're two for two on that score!); then there's Sid in New York who definitely likes his overshare; now there's Tom in Miami who's clearly none terribly sane either...
3) Anyone else here worried by the level of cross-contamination and potential new cases of Hep. C courtesy of that chef using his cleaver on the girl and then, presumably, in his restaurant the following week, apparently without having steralised it first? :eek::eek::eek:

Oh, and one other thing: Missing Delko. So very, VERY missing Delko. I don't watch Miami much (see point 1, above!), but Delko was one of the most interesting characters and he's a definite loss.

Ooh and: Did anyone else think the random remix of Aria on Air was possibly the LEAST appropriate background music for a lab processing scene? Music should help to build the tension; all that did was sit there and make me giggle...and possibly wonder if I was going to be told about British Airways' latest offers...

Overall, I felt the episode was about on a par with most Miami episodes (ie not a little silly and way too reliant on silly video tricks during the processing scenes [for pity's sake stop. frelling. padding!]) right up until the final scene. THAT gave it a bit more punch and I'm gonna be waiting for the New York episode with interest (if not quite on the edge of my seat).

What did anyone else think?

Back