CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lal

lal Pathologist

i thought the episode was good , i think the milander storyline was very interesting , and i'm looking to see where Dr Jekyll is going to do next :)

2. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Tuesday everybody :thumbsup:

3. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' Everyone :) x

4. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Uh, wow. Not quite sure WHAT to make of that one.

It doesn't help that I missed the first five/ten minutes thanks to an unexpected guest who CLEARLY isn't a CSI fan (!), but I'm not sure that even if I had seen that first five/ten minutes I'd really know what to make of it.

I did like the technique of having the two stories unfolding at the same time and I do like it when they play with the format (I really liked 'Killer', for example), but there's part of me that says "Hey, if you're reduced to saying that you like the technique, it's probably not that great an episode!" :lol:

Have to see if I can catch the repeat on Thursday and see whether getting the whole story makes me like it any more.

So what did anyone else think?

5. tootes

tootes Rookie

*humpff* Have to say i wasn't a massive fan of tonight's episode.. i got a bit bored tbh. Well, i liked the ending but i think that was more to do with the song (which my mum thought was 'ice ice baby' :lol: bless her) than anything. :rolleyes:

Not really liking that fact that we knew who the killer was from the start; deffinately prefere to not know until the last minute. Knowing who did it means no bets with the fam !! :(:lol:

Here's hoping for a real good episode next week !! :p x

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, rather odd episode. It was different, I didn't dislike it, but I wont be watching it again in a hurry.
    I agree that the best bit about the end was the music. Love that song! My Mum used to get really annoyed years ago when ice, ice baby was out, and she thought under pressure was coming on, and it was Vanilla Ice instead. So she was happy it was Bowie!

Not sure im going to like the Langston storyline much, but I suppose once I know where it is headed it may be better.

It was only after the epi, when a trailer for csi came on that we realised Sara wasn't in the episode. Hadn't even realised that she wasnt there!

7. tootes

tootes Rookie

^ I'm not too sure about the Langston storyline either.. not finding it that interesting at the minute tbh, but hopefully it will get better once they show a bit more of it.

It took me like 45 minutes to realise Sara wasn't in it, kpet thinking something wasn't quite right.. had a 'light-bulb' moment & was very impressed with myself because i was the only one that had noticed it. :rolleyes::lol: x

8. lal

lal Pathologist

hi i have to agree i didn't like fact that we knew the killer at the start , i prefere to find out at the end , overall i thought it was an ok episode , can't wait to see next week episode .

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, I prefer to guess the killer. I dont like being shown from the start. I think that is why I have never liked Columbo!
    But I do like the fact that they try different things on this show. Never the same!

10. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

I don't mind when I know who the killer is from the start, as long as the story's interesting and I think that's the big problem with the episode: the story is actually really kind of silly, especially the rather surreal fake ending.

It's definitely not going to be an episode I want to revisit all that often (or possibly at all!)

11. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Tuesday everyone :)

12. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' Everyone !! :) x

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah, Happy 'Vegas Tuesday'. Here's hoping that its better than last weeks!

14. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Before I say anything else: Somebody get Greg (or possibly it's Eric, it's one of those things I'm never sure whether to put down to actor or character) a French pronunciation guide, stat. It was bad enough that they KEPT repeating the phrase coup de gras, but the fact that Greg consistently mangled it when every other character (even Brass who will always amuse me for repeatedly calling Pioche Pio-che rather than Pioshe) got it right really, really, really...well, annoyed me. :lol:

Okay. Rant aside, interesting episode. Nice continuity back to season 6 and the Bell shooting - though I did think they could have possibly made a little bit more of that. I'm also a little on the fence about the tension between Nick and Brass at the beginning - that just struck me as something they really have already done to death (sorry, pardon the pun) in other episodes and, really, didn't serve any purpose except to fill a minute or so of dialogue.

What I found highly entertaining was Sara jumping in and playing peace maker by taking the 420 when Catherine was clearly about to dump it on Greg. I do wonder if they're aiming for some kind of big bust up between Greg and Catherine later in the season...

Random question: Why was Mandy (at least, it looked like Mandy) the one collecting the DNA swabs from Sara when she was taking the samples from the gang members? Where's Wendy gone?!

Also: Why did it have to come down to eyeballs? I can handle it when they start metaphorically tossing the internal organs around but eyeballs...ugh. (There are reasons why I've never watched Pirates of the Third Reich!)

Over all, I actually liked the story and the episode (much better than last week's) but I'm not sure it's an episode I feel a burning desire to see again.

What did anyone else think?

15. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i enjoy this week episode , yes it did look like Catherine was going to give 420 to Greg , i have agree with you , i can a big bust up between them , can't wait to see what going to happen next week .