CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Jan 10, 2010.

1. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i thought the episode was very good , and the ending was sweet , i like the bit where Hodges put on those glasses ,and then asked the others what they thought :lol: i'm glad they found Maddy .

2. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Tuesday everyone :thumbsup:

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Happy 'vegas' Tuesday! Im not sure when i'll get to watch it, for some stupid reason I agreed to 'movie night' tonight. 'tis ruining my csi tuesday!

4. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy 'Vegas Tuesday' Everyone !! :D

:( !!

Have been trying to convince my mum that CSI counts toward science revision as we have exams tomorrow.. think i might have to watch it on the computer tomorrow though >.< Hmmm.. im off to beg some more :p

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I can see your reasoning there!
    Good luck in the exam.

6. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

(Preface: I apologise now, just in case any of this makes any less sense than usual; I'm on day seven of the world's worst cold and I've just swallowed night nurse in the hope of getting my first decent night's sleep in three days...!)

Good luck with the exams tootes - if it was a physics practical, tonight's episode was an extremely good one to help you brush up!

I do LIKE it when they get to talk physics. :drool:

(Yes, spot the geek who gladly did A-Level Physics and who possibly should have gone on to do Physics at university...)

Ahem.

Out of all the severed head episodes (and I can't decide if it's weirder that CSI has had more than one of those, or that they've had comparatively few...), this definitely has to be both the most and least grim of the lot. Method of finding the head? Definitely the grimmest. Condition of the head...well nothing's gonna beat the head from Snakes so...!

That said, though, I found all of the antagonist characters (with the exception of the stoner dude who had the grave misfortune of knowing the wrong people) thoroughly obnoxious, to the point where I really didn't care who did it as long as they were all going to lock up.

And just how much entemology has Nick been studying?! He's now identifying beetles at ten paces away from one look??? REEEEEEALLY?

In the same tone, Langston (a CSI 2) is working cases solo, including reinvestigating a day shift closed case? REEEEEEEALLY? If you'll pardon the pun from the paragraph before, this bugs me quite severely because of it being so completely inconsistent with the first seven seasons (can't speak for season eight as that's the one season I haven't seen). BUT, of course, he's Langston who is, after all, the show's leading man...:rolleyes:

I don't think it would have annoyed me quite so much if Langston's case had been a little less interesting, but tbh, THIS was the story I found more compelling (not the least for the cool use of physics) and I can't help but wonder how much MORE it could have been if it had been the 'A' story, or if it had been Sara investigating (after all, she is the physics graduate [okay, I'll try and stop mentioning physics]).

Other points (very briefly)
    -WENDY!!! Wendy, dear, please please please to be taking a breath occasionally!
    -The tag scene at the bowling alley did MORE than make up for the rest of the episode, though. So, SO nice to see some team bonding and seeing *EVERYONE* there (sad lack of Henry, Mandy and Archie - but since they weren't in the episode, I suppose that's not so surprising)
    -Greg's bowling ball! Actually, Greg, period. Good Greg episode - and highly entertaining to see how far he's come since season 5 (being laid up in bed for four days straight is good for one thing - I've now re-watched pretty much every episode from seasons 1-5!)
    -Hodges in the field. Without a single complaint. Is it the night nurse making me hallucinate or did that actually happen?!

What did anyone else think?

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Athersgeo- hope you feel better soon.

Movie night ended quicker than I thought, so got to watch the epi anyway.

I have to agree on the head. It didn't look so bad on its own, but when the guy put his fingers in it- that was so gross! Probably the most disgusting thing on the show for a while. urghh.

After recovering from that scene I enjoyed the episode. For me the Langston case was a bit dull. (never really liked physics, im afraid) And I totally agree with you on the issue of Ray working the case on his own. He hasn't been a csi that long, and they did make a point in earlier epis of not putting those of a lower grade on a solo case. They could have at least had Cath talking to Ray about the case- she didn't have that much to do on the bowling case, and she is the supervisor so it would have made sense for her to check on him. I had been wanting to see 2 seperate cases, that arent somehow magically connected, for a while now. But I didnt find that case very satisfying.

I enjoyed the bowling case. Greg running was cute. And it wasnt as easy as usual to spot the killer. Nick is quite the expert on bugs now, isnt he. Couple of courses and boom, know everything!

The ending was really sweet. I was getting agitated when I couldn't see Greg. but then he appeared with that great bowling ball! He did have some good scenes in the epi.

Im just very glad that I always look at the bowling balls when they come out, and never just pick them up!

8. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Thank you - feeling a little better this morning, largely though having had a complete night of sleep.

*grins* As much as the physics was fun, for me, it was the story/concept of the Langston case that was interesting and really, REALLY could have stood a lot more development instead of the sister's little rantet just before she's taken away. Definitely could have been a really fantastic 'A' story - a little like the 'A' story in Fahrenheit 932. *files plot bunny away for later consideration*

And, having said that, I do have to wonder one thing: If Dayshift are as incompetent as this implies, why the heck are they still employed?!

9. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i thought the episode was ok , i liked the scene with the whole team bonding and when greg was running :)

10. tootes

tootes Rookie

Thanks Solitaire & Athersgeo :) ... Managed to convince mum that csi = revision, sadly my exams had nothing to do with the inner workings of a bowling alley or how to successfully remove someone's head >.< :lol:

Having to make this quick, well attempt to.. cause i do like to ramble on, as im supposed to be writting an essay on Jekyll & Hyde.. but what my english teacher don't know, wont hurt her. :p Hee'

Anyhoo'.. really liked the 'missing head' part of last nights episode, even if it was slightly cringe worthy when he almost picked it up.

Wasn't such a fan of the Langston part.. it seemed a bit pointless to me, but i guess they were just trying to make the storyline a bit different. It doesn't help that Langston isn't my favourite character, i don't know why.. he just annoys me so very, very much. :rolleyes:

Am in love with the last scene when they all went bowling.. made me all warm & fluffy inside !! lol :):rolleyes:

Right.. now i really have to get back to Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde... *grrrrrr*

:) x

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree, the Langston part just seemed to be a time filler, and to give him some more air-time. But it could have been an interesting story if they had done more with it, and brought a couple of other team members into it.

I dont dislike Langston, I think his character had great potential when they brought him in. Unfortunately TPTB made a big mistake, in my opinion, by not bringing Fishburne in as the new leader. They seem unable to give him the major screentime that being the leading man necessarily brings with not having him in charge. To compensate they make him super Ray and take screentime off the others where they would usually have had it, or make the others look silly.
    But hey, at least Greg is getting some screentime this season, its been so long I was starting to forget he was there!

Athersgeo- glad you are feeling a little better.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:Funny!

I'm wondering...when the episode aired in the US, a lot of people were pretty suspicious of Ray at the end when he said he got the wrong shoe size and left the group. Some thought it seemed like an excuse to go for some reason. Did anyone here get that vibe?

13. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

I got the vibe that SOMETHING was up, but, to me, it didn't read as suspicious so much as Ray looking on and going "I so don't fit into this group" and/or "Wow, wish I was going to be here longer". So, I guess, the vibe I got was one of longing.

Which surprised me because I was all prepared to be suspicious of it!

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It was abit odd. But my immediate thought was that he realised the others were better at bowling than he thought, and he is rubbish, so made an excuse to not show himself up!

15. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy CSI Tuesday eveyone :)