CSI Las Vegas cinematography / photography / visuals

The following scene is another favorite of mine -from XX (417)
Grissom. Blueness. A fuming chamber. Enough said :lol:

Very unusual camera moves and angles. Extreme close-ups -CSI does have a thing with close-ups, and I'm certainly not gonna blame them. I mean look at the result :eek:
Very well filmed. Brilliant sequence.

1 2 3 4 5

AAAND this shot *love it. Grissom up close. The Beard*
sarcastic-fainting.gif

hehe yeah, you can see he's got make up on :lol:

How 'bout these two? Same scene, only the background color is different -I think there was a police car nearby hence the blue and red :D

Shelby said:
I like this long tunnel-type view.

I think the metallic blues and whites make it a slightly eerie picture. I like it.
Yeah, me too!

Take a look at these two ... talk about eerie :D

Blue (season 1)
Green (season 4)

:cool:

This one is from Assume Nothing. The 'tunnel' here seems endless :eek:

I also really like the tunnel views. Here's another one from "Way to Go"

Spiffy

Just a quick question that I've always wondered...

You know when there's say a character in front of the other and the camera is focused on them while they talk, and then the camera un-focuses from the first object and focuses to the one behind it? I've always wondered how they got the camera to do that. Is it manually, or is there some button?

Anyone know?

My guess is they do it manually (something about the lens ... I think that is how you focus and un-focus. Using the lens). You can do the same with your digital camera I think.

Here's a good example (from Committed)

GrissomFREAK, I love the Assume Nothing tunnel shot. It's so cool.

Grissom looks so calm here. This was when him and Sara were sharing a strong stare at the end of Time of Your Death. I like the blue behind Grissom, but I really love the super bright white light near his head. I dunno why.

Yeah, the TOYD shot is sooo cool. The light was great in this scene.

What I like about the two following shots: backlighting effect.

White room + bright light coming from windows --> the actors appear almost black ... like shadows.
Reminds me of Heaven -not that I've ever been there :lol:, no but in cartoons that is how it is usually represented: everything's white, bright lights ... *OK maybe I'm a little out there :lol: :lol:
Yeah *sigh* I pbbly am, since after all being a CSI is far from being in Heaven, it's more like all Hell's breaking loose everyday of the week :rolleyes:

I like the blueish tint of this shot :cool:

How about some yellow, huh ? :D

Pshh, every time I wash CSI I'm in my own little slice of Heaven. hehe.

Wow I like the red in this shot. It's just so BLAM! lol, you know what I mean. Your eye just shoots toward it.

I totally love this shot. It's all like, tunnel-visioned AND shiny.
I love this for a lot of reasons, not least the awesome expression on Grissom's face and the bizzarre placement of that light. Makes him all glowy, like he's fluorescent or something.
I totally love the symbolism of this. Insert a mini-rant about the right side of Grissom's face here.

Shelby said:
Pshh, every time I wash CSI I'm in my own little slice of Heaven. hehe.
Right on, my friend :cool:

That's why I started this thread in the first place, to share my love of the cinematography with other people, because there are so many things to say/see :eek:
And it IS one of the trademarks of the show :D

Crysthala said:
I totally love this shot. It's all like, tunnel-visioned AND shiny.
Love it too. Great shot indeed. Unusual lighting.

They must have some blue lights/neons on the set somewhere ... otherwise can somebody explain to me how the h*** they get this blue trademark tint, because it's just WOW, you know, beautiful :D

I totally love the symbolism of this.
The shadows, you mean? I've always found that scene particularly interesting. Grissom wandering in these dark (almost eerie) woods, looking for evidence.

The power of blue- awesome pics, Crysthala. I haven't been here awhile, and ugh,I dont have any pics to post right now

Back