CSI Las Vegas cinematography / photography / visuals

From the "Help Guide" -- and we ask no more the "6 URL Links" per post,, -- if your not sure of the rest of this see that thread and look up posting pictures it will tell you everything right in there. :)

I like your picture of Nick in front of the red, wlk68, for some reason I thought of Mickey Mouse when I saw it. I have no idea why. But, it's a nice picture.

Shelby said:
I like your picture of Nick in front of the red, wlk68, for some reason I thought of Mickey Mouse when I saw it. I have no idea why. But, it's a nice picture.

Mickey Mouse.....um, okay. I guess I can sorta see where it might remind you of that. :lol:

Here's another one of my favorites. Again with Nicky all in black, set against the bright blue sky.

wlk68 said:
Sepia Tones This one just makes me thirsty.

Bathed in Blue
Love those two :cool: Especially the blue one. I have developed a 'thing' for blueness since I've been watching CSI :lol:

Not sure what it is about this one that I like so much. Nick all in black with the bright white gloves against the red background is just really striking, imho.
Artistic is the word you're looking for, I guess. Perfect shot -perfect harmony of colors, perfect body of Nick :D ;)
Everything looks so perfect, it's striking. Hard to put feelings into words actually :rolleyes:, but 'perfect' is the word that comes to mind when I look at this particular shot.

wlk68 said:
Here's another one of my favorites. Again with Nicky all in black, set against the bright blue sky.

I like that one..especially how Warrick's hair looks against the sky. I think it's because it doesn't look perfect, his hair I mean, you see the stray hairs which make it a bit more real, I suppose.

This picture has amazing uses of yellows and greens. It's almost like they put Sara in there just as a contrast of the colors.

Ooh, that's called... I forgot. But it's basically having the character be in different colors from the background so that our eyes are drawn the the character first.

Gum Drops (605)

Picture 3 Picture 4

Another episode that was beautifully filmed, especially the very beginning -first 5 minutes, when Sara's joining Nick at the crime scene.

The colors -yellow mostly, are fantastic.

To most people, CSI is all about the storylines, the plots. It's not. Not only anyway.
They should try to see beyond that, to pay more attention to the visual aspect of the show, because it's a shame that after 6 years it still gets unnoticed by some.
I mean look at these caps ... ain't it beautiful? Watching CSI is a real treat, I tell you that. The visual quality of this show is absolutely stunning -IMO :rolleyes: ;)

============
~Edited: See Help Guide regarding posting pictures, I have changed two pictures to url links.~

The thing that amazed me in "Gumdrops" besides the great story was the incredible underwater scenes as the camera panned the bottom of the lake where the three bodies were discovered. I don't know how they did it, but it all looked incredibly real.

Reeble said:
My favourite visual effect would probably have to be the different contrast they use, mostly in flash backs. Especially in "Committed" when the had the flash backs of the victim strapped down to the table. I tried to find a screencap but there's no websites that take screencaps of scenes without cast members.
You mean this

?

I like the colors in this scene.

ETA YAY! New page! :D

Reeble said:
My favourite visual effect would probably have to be the different contrast they use, mostly in flash backs.

That is on thing that has always amazed me.

How do you add pictures, i can't add this one and it is really good.

Back