CSI Las Vegas cinematography / photography / visuals

You probably remember this scene from $35 OBO (season 1). It's been a while since I've watched this epi, but what stuck with me is this

a raindrop falling into a puddle of blood :eek:

I like how it was photographed. The close-up on Grissom's forehead -or rather on the raindrop falling on his forehead :lol: ... and the camera slowly pulling back.

The scene in itself was very nice to watch. If I remember well, everything went silent for a moment -slow motion? can't remember exactly, and all of a sudden the rain started pouring down very hard, and everybody tried their best to protect the evidence.

And the scene ended with this typical Grissom one-liner "Our killer got lucky tonight ..." :cool:
Maaaan, THAT was one of his best punchlines. So cool. Hearing this, I couldn't help doing my CSI dance :D

GF have i told you that those pics are totally great and i'm gonna use some of them to do you-know-what?? :lol: i'm already excited! :D

wlk68 said:
The Emmy nominations were announced this morning. CSI was nominated for Outstanding Cinematography for the episode Gum Drops.

Anyone have any good Gum Drops pics to share?
Errr ... I watched the Emmy's, but :confused: this category wasn't mentioned, was it? Did I miss something? What happened? Was it suppressed?

OMG GGirl the "blue profile" his eyelashes- their prettier than mine- nice shot- he's beautiful :p here's an overview of my city ;)that never sleeps- and where they film-ocassionally

lvnight0002.jpg

I have to admit, this is a cool thread
after reading some of the posts and looking at the pictures
I watched CSI this evening differently
I noticed the lighting and the angles of the camera,etc...
again, very cool :)

GrissomFREAK said:
wlk68 said: The Emmy nominations were announced this morning. CSI was nominated for Outstanding Cinematography for the episode Gum Drops.

Anyone have any good Gum Drops pics to share?
Errr ... I watched the Emmy's, but :confused: this category wasn't mentioned, was it? Did I miss something? What happened? Was it suppressed?
Actually in the "LV Awards Thread" I listed that CSI won in one of three catagories this was the "one" that they won for. It wasn't announced at the regular Emmys but rather tech and such is announced at the "creative arts" Emmys with are held a upto a week prior to the actual Emmys. :)

Oh OK. I didn't know it would be announced at the Creative Arts Emmy's. Thanks, destiny :)
Next time I'll try to remember to look into that thread before asking stupid things :rolleyes: ;)

Glad they won, btw. Beautiful epi :cool:

hhunter said:
I have to admit, this is a cool thread
after reading some of the posts and looking at the pictures
I watched CSI this evening differently
I noticed the lighting and the angles of the camera,etc...
again, very cool :)
happy-thumbsup1.gif

I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about this coming season as well.

Before the CSI era, cop shows or drama series on TV were almost exclusively about the storylines. Nothing else really mattered at that time. People were looking for action and detective stories, with murders and murderers, car chases, guns ...
But CSI changed this. It revolutionized the way we used to look at crime shows -and TV shows in general. Action and suspense don't mean it can't be beautiful too. A car blowing up to pieces is impressive, mind blowing, but so is a close up on a character, on a face half bathed in darkness, or a 'blue scene'.
It's not all about the action and the storylines anymore; it's also about the way it is filmed, the way it is shown and the way we see it on our TV screens.
A picture is worth a thousand words. It has never been truer than with CSI. The screencaps in this thread testify of that.
The cinematography is part of the stories and the characters. It helps telling the stories, and it gives the characters a certain emotional depth, among other things.

CLICK

I couldn't agree more GrissomFreak , I wanted to add this beautiful picture of Sara
I love the way it was photographed and the lighting

I just realized that we haven't talked about the credits yet. And they're visually impressive. The special effects -apple, bullet ... very cool :cool:

I love watching them. Put you in the mood. I mean, just watching the credits, you want -you have! to see more :D

One thing that I really like is the colors.

I have a few examples here -from season 7 credits

Warrick
Nick
Billy

After watching last night's episode, I thought it was time to revive this thread.
I know I'm repeating myself here, but it's too bad that a lot of people I know who watch CSI STILL don't pay attention to/don't care about the beautiful cinematography.
Oh, well, they don't realize what they're missing ;)

First this one
Another great shot

Grissom entering his office bathed in darkness -there was "not a good sign" written all over that scene the minute he entered the room -the cinematography only accentuated that feeling Dark blue

Nice close-up in the CSI tradition.
Crysthala, I don't know if you'll read this or not, but *waves* right side of Grissom's face!! :D
The way the light reflects on his face makes for yet another beautiful shot
*sigh* --> *dead*

I liked how toned down that scene was :cool:

Back