CSI Las Vegas cinematography / photography / visuals

GrissomFREAK said:
Reeble said:
My favourite visual effect would probably have to be the different contrast they use, mostly in flash backs. Especially in "Committed" when the had the flash backs of the victim strapped down to the table. I tried to find a screencap but there's no websites that take screencaps of scenes without cast members.
You mean this

?

I like the colors in this scene.

Yes, that one! I absolutely love it. It really suited the episode and the vibe they were trying to give off. You could almost feel the patient's terror. It almost felt like a dream in a sense.

Another effect I love is when they show all the cars on the street blurring together. It really gives you a feel of how fast-pased Vegas is. I tried to find a cap, but I couldn't. So here's something close to what I mean.

Reeble said:
Another effect I love is when they show all the cars on the street blurring together. It really gives you a feel of how fast-pased Vegas is. I tried to find a cap, but I couldn't.
I have the caps :) I love this effect, too :D

This show is totally so visually stunning. Like Billy, and Jorja too. And dear God, the profiles!
Yes, CSI definitely has a thing for profiles. That's because everyone on CSI just has the most AWESOME profile. Oooh, and they also like to start the show with shots of the Strip... but you already knew that, didn't you?

WillowsWannaBe said:
Wow, GrissomFREAK!!! Those ones are from 5x19 - 4x4, am I right?
Yep :D

:cool: nice shot, WillowsWannaBe!

Blue
Red

I've always liked that scene from Chasing The Bus when they're on the road looking for evidence. Very dark scene, I like the way the road is lit. Moonlight or floodlight?

One other thing that I find very cool is when they film the tape :cool:
Tape in the foreground, and characters in the background.

First shot, we are inside the perimeter, other two we are outside.
Just like this :D

I love the fancy camerawork on the show! It's part of what makes it so unique. Sometimes it does get picked on a little bit because of all the fancy stuff, but I think that's all in good humor. Like the one episode of the Simpsons where Homer was arrested for kicking a can and then Chief Wiggum says something like:

"Okay, boys, I want you to give that can the whole CSI treatment! I want fingerprinting, DNA tests, fancy camera shots from the can's point of view-" (camera zooms down inside of can so you can see Chief Wiggum from the opening at the top- "Oh, that's the stuff. All visual and absolutely no meaning!"

Even though that was meant to insult CSI, I think on the show it actually turned out funny. Because that is exactly the type of camerawork they do on the show.

Woah I like this long tunnel-type view.

I think the metallic blues and whites make it a slightly eerie picture. I like it.

The Emmy nominations were announced this morning. CSI was nominated for Outstanding Cinematography for the episode Gum Drops.

Anyone have any good Gum Drops pics to share?

-Greggo Gum Drops! I like this shot, the green, the yellow, the Greg. It's all good.
-Cool shot, cus it almost looks black and white..
-These gloves look so cool, I dunno why.
-Colorful I like this shot too..
-Nick with a colorful blended background.

All those shots were from Gum Drops, great episode.

wlk68 said:
The Emmy nominations were announced this morning. CSI was nominated for Outstanding Cinematography for the episode Gum Drops.

Anyone have any good Gum Drops pics to share?
Maybe you missed it, but I posted this a few days ago :D

Those are my fave shots from Gum Drops.

GrissomFREAK said:
Gum Drops (605)

Picture 3 Picture 4

Another episode that was beautifully filmed, especially the very beginning -first 5 minutes, when Sara's joining Nick at the crime scene.

The colors -yellow mostly, are fantastic.

I hope they win this Emmy. They deserve it. Great job on this epi :cool:

Oh yeah, I remember those shots of the 'old Vegas'. That was cool :cool:

Here 's another one.

"WTF? A 'cinematography" thread?? HAHA!" *is this all thread Chinese for you, or maybe you don't care at all about visuals ("WHAT is that anyway?") :rolleyes: ---> Just watch :D
I loooove that eye shot. Cool and a little creepy, too.

How 'bout some honey? Alright, this shot is just sooo cool. And very yummy too. Just a drop. A tiny little honey drop.
But so nice to look at *I know I'm a little out there ... watching a drop of honey WTF? :lol:
SEE? What CSI has done to me? :lol:

Aerial shots :cool:
I wanna go to Vegas!!
The Palms

My favorite shot of the stratosphere

ETA: I noticed I've written 'coool' at least three times in my post :lol: I'm definitely gone. No better word to describe this show and its incredibly huh cool visuals, I guess. Maaaan, so cool :D

That eye is so cool. I'm totally using that as cover art for our first CD. <industrialness> Well, maybe. That depends on what the Band Goddess says.
Methinks the reason Gum Drops got nominated was because of those awesome swoopy shots of the scene, with the flying cameraness. That must have been hard to do.
Blue.
What a shot. It's both red, from the very next part of that ABRTI thing, and an excellent showcase of the lovely right side of the Grissom's face. I'm guessing that's because he's about to pour out the entirety of his evidentiary philosophy onto that audience he has.

Back