CSI Icons #6: Showcase, Links and Requests

Thanks so much, csifann1! :)

As for the question, for some reason I thought the pictures would end up linked (for some reason I remember them doing that in other threads, but I'm probably remembering wrong). When I posted the pictures, they didn't link, so I realized it was a non-issue.

Edit: Okay, new question: I've been trying to change the background. I select the foreground with the 'select foreground' tool, and then try to dye the background with a gradient tool, but it always ends up transforming the foreground instead. What can you do once selecting the foreground on Gimp? Is it possible to turn the foreground into a separate layer once one has done this? And how do you change the background to another image or just to a solid color?

You're welcome :D

As for your question, I usually don't use the foreground tool, I use this one:
tool.png
, you select the thing you want like this: [sorry for the bad selecting:rolleyes: it's faster :lol:], click on "Select" "From Path", and the thing you want is selected, now you can do whatever, you can "Copy" the thing you want like this: [if you want, I can explain it to you, but it's very easy ;)], you can add textures like this: , I know it looks bad, but with some time you find a great one :p oh, I forgot, to paste the texture there, you have to do "ctrl + I" or go to "select" "Invert" and then "Ctrl + v" or "Edit" "Paste" :)

I hope my explaination it's not a mess, if you didn't understand something, go ahead and ask ;)

Now for make this post more legal: *:p*
nick.png

*I know the icon is not a great thing*

Thanks so much, csifann1! :)

As for the question, for some reason I thought the pictures would end up linked (for some reason I remember them doing that in other threads, but I'm probably remembering wrong). When I posted the pictures, they didn't link, so I realized it was a non-issue.

Edit: Okay, new question: I've been trying to change the background. I select the foreground with the 'select foreground' tool, and then try to dye the background with a gradient tool, but it always ends up transforming the foreground instead. What can you do once selecting the foreground on Gimp? Is it possible to turn the foreground into a separate layer once one has done this? And how do you change the background to another image or just to a solid color?

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know - we have a great question/tutorial thread located here. It would be a great place for this question so all gimp users can benefit from the answer!

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know - we have a great question/tutorial thread located here. It would be a great place for this question so all gimp users can benefit from the answer!

Ups, I already replyed, I totally forgot about the tutorial thread... :scream:

Two totally silly icons. I couldn't help myself when I saw this scene again, at least not after wasting so much time on lolcatz. (The text is from lolcatz.)

lolcatGregicon-1.jpg

lolcatGregicon2-1.jpg

happyharper, I LOVE lolcats! Nice Greg icons!

MacsLovlyAngl, I like your Sara icons, the first one is really eye catching especially.

These are mine from the Sara Sidle challenge.

The winning 100x100 icon

100x1002.jpg
100x1001.jpg

140x140.jpg

Mine from the Sara challenge. I thought it kind of sucked, but it placed. Go figure! :lol:

sara1.jpg

Ok, more icons for my 100 icons table! I posted 14 tonight to make a grand total of 22.

056ArtistsChoice.jpg
061ArtistsChoice.jpg
063ArtistsChoice.jpg

More on my LJ

Yes I know my icons aren't stunning but I love them anyway! :lol: Comments would be awesome, let me know if you snag.

Back