The Fan Art Forum Guide - Rules/Tuts./Questions *updated 10-05

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by cofi_shot, Oct 1, 2006.

1. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Hey all! I figured I'd unclutter the sticky posts a bit, so now we got this thread as a single point of reference. We'll see how it goes. I'll keep this updated by the way.

FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
    • First of, check out the Board Rules!!
    • All threads must be related to CSI, CSI:Miami, or CSI:New York. If you start a thread that isn't related to these three shows, it would have to be either moved or locked.
    • Since this is a PG-13 board, all images and links are limited to that rating as well. So keep it clean, people. ;)
    • Please don't quote the images. It uses up bandwidth, which isn't always free. If you quote a post, remove the image tags. Don't know how to manage this? No problem: ask in the thread or pm one of us mods, we won't bite ;)
    • Feedback is always good to receive. However, keep criticisms constructive. Remember that all of us have to start out at some point, so we need all the encouragement we can get.
    • Separate threads are dedicated to the following: CSI Icons, CSI:Miami Icons, CSI: NY Icons, Signature Banners, Wallpapers, and Photo Manipulations. If your piece of art fall into one of these categories, post it at that specific thread. Same goes with requests.
    • You can either have a text or a banner as your signature, not both. If you choose to have a banner, keep the size within 220x75 pixels. Visit the signature thread if you want yours resized.
    • Updated! You now need to be a member for two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts before you can put up an avatar.

NEW! The new system allows us to upload avas/user icons now in the fantastic size of up to 140x140px and also 70kb! (not only 100x100 and 120x120 as before and 20 or 60kb). Further more the icons will now be uploaded from your computer directly, no uploading to Photobucket or similar is needed therefore anymore.
    Just to visualize the picture dimensions for you, here some examples:

Banners must not be bigger than 220 pixels in width and 75 pixels in height:
    [​IMG]

Icons must not be bigger than 140x140 pixels:
    [​IMG]

• If you take something like an avatar or a banner, it would be nice if you give credit where credit is due. You can do that either in your bio or your location.
    • Fan Videos are allowed again. But ONLY fan-made stuff, posting a link to/put up entire episodes is still a big No-No! Further more there is only one forum so far that offers such a Fan-Videos-Thread, here in Fan Art we don't have one and probably won't have one in the near future. Check out the Shipper Central for Shipper Videos.
    • Picture Limitation: In consideration of dial-up users, please limit the images in your posts. With the exception of icon challenges, the maximum is three icons per post and then just provide url links for the rest. For wallpapers or large images, please use thumbnails or url links. Large images: Images that exceed 400px in its width.
    <--------------------It's that large:-------------------->
    [​IMG]

• Threads will be closed (as in every forum) when they achieved the 1000 posts mark.
      When you realize that this mark has been achieved you can start a new thread of course, you don't need to wait for a moderator - the old one will be closed by one mod as soon as we got online.
      Just remember to add the rules that should be found in every first post of a thread to the new one. :)
    SPECIFIC THREADS
    You wanna show us some Non-CSI related stuff? Jump over to the [*]Miscellaneous Forum and visit the thread:
    HELPFUL RESOURCES

CURRENT CHALLENGES
    ~This list has been moved to the The Challenge Guide Thread~

FAQ
    This thread is now combined with the Icon tutorial thread. You can:

-Any general question
    -Ask questions about any program
    -Ask "How To" questions
    -Ask size questions (although it is stated above)
    -Request icon tutorials (Hence why the other thread was closed)
    -Bring up any concerns/problems you have
    -Suggest things
    -Post any updates about programs
    -Any other thing you are confused about, this is your forum to utilize as much as you want. This is somewhat of a general question thread along with information that will help you in making whatever it is that you are making.

This thread is for anything you are making (Banner, icon, wallpaper, etc).

We ask that if someone doesn't get to your question right away, be patient. If it doesn't get answered in a good amount of time, repost it and hopefully someone will find it. If not, you can always pm DragonflyDreamer or cinegirl, we're the moderators of this forum and we'll try to help as much as we can :)
    (and thanks to Wyoming who wrote most of this last passage)

Now: have fun everyone! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Re: The Fan Art Forum Guide

Nice job cofi_shot, I love what you done with the place. Very smart and organised. :)

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Hey, I'll second that Tink. Great post cofi, very helpful :)

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Hey! Though I only see the "green" people posting here ( :D )I just wanna jump in and say thanks for this great post - it's very helpful to have all links, specials and resources on one site, that also saves my computer mouse because I don't have to click me through every thread anymore... ;)

5. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Really organised. Thanks for posting, cofi! :)

6. CSI_Willows

CSI_Willows CSI Level Two

Looks very good! :D Thnx cofi :D

7. Gloomy

Gloomy Witness

Thanks ^^

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:eek: Wow very informative! Thanks for the new guide, it's really helpful cofi. :D

9. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

Thank you! :D

10. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

You're all welcome. :D And I'm glad you guys like the idea. Thanks so much. :)

11. Roosey

Roosey Captain

cofi, shouldn't you post the link to the new LIMS challenge?

12. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hey Cofi,

Can you put my challenge up there pretty pwease? There are a few other competitions that started up since then too. :)

13. cofi_shot

cofi_shot Captain

Hey all. Sorry for the delay. Anyways, I was finally able to put up all the awesome challenges we currently have. Check them out over here. :)

14. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Well, I know this is not the right place, but:
    Photoshop CS3 Beta is out!

ETA:
    I just created a new thread for it. Hope that's ok.

15. CSI_Wearden

CSI_Wearden Witness

Okay Dokey.. Thanks ^_^