CSI: Holland #3 - with Orange Flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: Holland #3

Hey guys, I'm back in our beautiful little country!! Missed me? :D

Spending three weeks in Italy and CH and then coming home makes you realise how damn flat Holland is!! But I love it, I can't look at another mountain for at least a year :p

So I went to my new school today.. it sucked. I don't feel home there... yeah yeah, I know, that will come, but it still sucks.

I hope the people will like me eventually :(

Awh, it will come, Alyssa! :) You're very nice, so they'll have to like ya! :devil:

I went to school too! And it was fun. :) My friends are still on school now :devil:.

@ Roos: Nah, I think I'm gonna choose to be a loner this year. I'll get 10s on all my subjects and go to med school without the 'loting' and I'll graduate with honors.. :rolleyes: riiiiight :rolleyes:

I had my very first lessons today, two in English, because of the bilingual thing.. and seriously, I understood everything the men said!! :eek: How cool is that? I hope that's a sign that the rest of the year will be easy too... riiiiiight, dream on :rolleyes:

Back to school today too!
And omg, I immediately lost my cellphone after history class :p.
After half an hour searching I went to the 'found objects' by the caretaker and there it was :D!

Lizzy_004 said:
I had my very first lessons today, two in English, because of the bilingual thing.. and seriously, I understood everything the men said!! :eek: How cool is that? I hope that's a sign that the rest of the year will be easy too... riiiiiight, dream on :rolleyes:

I'm sooooooooo jealous of you! I wanted bilangual high school :(

:lol: my englisch teacher is in 'dat zal ze leren' :lol: but that's on tv the same time as CSI :rolleyes:

saras_girlfriend said:
Lizzy_004 said:

I'm sooooooooo jealous of you! I wanted bilangual high school :(

Yup, I am pretty blessed ;) It's hard though, I've missed the first three years, and I don't think I can keep up with history.. That was my most difficult subject last year and the year before, and now having it in Dutch won't make it much easier I think.. :/

You know what's stupid? English teachers in the Netherlands always have a grudge against 'American English'! I mean, what's up with that? It was on my previous school, and now this one as well. They just have to accept that we learn more and more from television and might as well use the same words as in the popular tv shows. It's easy learning that way.
I think they just hate America and all, and want English to stay the perfect, purrrrrfect beautiful language :rolleyes:
Dutch isn't staying the good old Dutch neither, and I don't hear anyone complaining about that!! We have more and more words from the English or French language, and all of a sudden, that's ok.

No offence, Jayne, of course..

i hate english, but i love american english it's way easier to speak :rolleyes: i had that discussion today with my friends and english teacher, that you have to learn english and not american english but if you watch too many american tv shows it's hard too learn 'normal' english because you always hear american english what's the deal with that, i know it's not the same but whatever it's 'english'

Lizzy_004 said:
No offence, Jayne, of course..
Awww I know it's nothing personal.
I love British English and yes, I don't like American English. But when my pupils pronounce certain words the American way, I really don't give a feck, I'm proud as it is that they can actually say what they mean :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back