CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Paperback novels:
    CSI: Binding Ties
    CSI: Body of Evidence
    CSI: Cold Burn
    CSI: Double Dealer
    CSI: Grave Matters
    CSI: Sin City
    CSI Miami: Florida Getaway
    CSI Miami: Heat Wave
    CSI New York: Dead of Winter

Graphic Novels:
    CSI: Bad Rap
    CSI: Serial
    CSI: Thicker Than Blood
    CSI Miami: Blood Money
    CSI Miami: Smoking Gun
    CSI Miami: Thou Shalt Not

Other:
    CSI Companion

Coming Soon: (dates subject to change)
    CSI: Killing Game (October 2005)
    CSI Miami: Cult Following (December 2005)
    CSI New York: Blood on the Sun (April 2006)

2. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

Cold Burn was a good book. well written. i didn't really like it because of the GSR, tho. i'm not into it.

3. CSIgal

CSIgal Captain

Thanks Cat :) I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to GSR...since I am a Snickers gal so I think I can get past that and focus on the book as a whole. GSR is pretty popular so you can either hate it, love it or just have an open mind when it comes up.

I've not started Cold Burn yet...need to do that :lol: It's been sitting here for like a week now.

I was able to find 3 more of the books at a book store in the mall but i've discovered it's actually cheaper if you find them on EBAY. I'm all about cheap :lol:

4. Cat

Cat Head of the Swing Shift

i'm actully a GCR gal. i've learnt to be open-minded when it comes to relationships, though. only coz most people are into GSR or nothing at all. however, recently i've just been so off shipping. :p perhaps it's coz i'm jealous of their relationships. :p

you sound like me. i actually bought... urm i think it was Grave Matter quite a long time ago. haven't actually started reading it at all.

5. KateGibbs

KateGibbs Dead on Arrival

I want tomake a few addtions.

About CSI Las Vegas

CSI : Demon House
    CSI:Dominos

are also CSI Las Vegas Graphic novels. A new graphic novel
    "Secret Identity " web page is to release in by the end of this month.

Beside Killing Game (Nr.7) is also CSI novel Nr. 8 to be relase. But so far I found only the UK ( web page )and german version . The UK version is to be release in May 06 and the German version in December 05.

About CSI Miami.

I found a UK version of the CSI miami Novel Nr.4 Riptide ( web page ) To be release in June 2006.

About CSI New York. Nr CSI NY 2. Black Light( web page ) is to release on March 28th 06. And another Blood on The sun. Accroding to Amazon.com ( web page )it is to be relase March 28th 06. According To Amazon Germany , which list only the UK version, it is to be release on April 3th 06 ( web page ). A CSI NY grphic novel "Bloody murder"( web page ) is to be release in Februar 06 or Februar 28th 06 (German Amazon).

If I found the book on Amazon. Com I gave the Amazon.com Link other I give the Amazon.de /German Amazon Link. Since not all of the books can be found on Amazaon.com, I don`t know how correct this informations are. I also don`t know why Amazon.de or UK has diffrent informations than Amazon.com

For CSI Miami ;Riptide ( web page )
    CSI 08 ( web page )
    CIS New Yok: Blood on The Sun ( web page ) I found The Amazon UK Link.

In Gemany are only 8 about the novel novels released . CSI 1-6 + CSI Miami 1+2are released in Germany. Two CSI (Las Vegas)more are to released (7+8?). One in this month and one in December.

Nice Greetings from Germany.

6. Dynamo1

Danke, Kate Gibbs.

7. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

As for myself, I have all seven CSI paperbacks. Max Allan Collins is a top notch writer. I am hesitating in buying the first CSI:NY book because of a review that I read which said that Kaminski had written it out of context, i.e., there is no connection with the program. I t is totally written out of context. I may buy the second one as they brought back Max Allan Collins into it. However, I never bought any of the graphic novels published by IDW . Are they any good? Also, is Donn Cortez as good as Max Allan Collins? Does he listen to the program before writing? Any advice is helpful. Oh , my ICQ number is 234-850-594. Feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions about the game.

8. Dynamo1

I read a couple of the shorter graphic novels, "CSI: Thicker Than Blood" and "CSI Miami: Thou Shalt Not." The list price for each was $6.99, but Amazon had them for a little bit less. The stories were okay, but I went through them in about 15 minutes. I prefer to read the novels that last awhile.

VManso, Max Allen Collins will be doing a New York graphic novel, "Bloody Murder," not a regular novel. Stuart M. Kaminsky has the second and third novels in the works.

9. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I just bought a graphic novel from Amazon.com. The revues that I read were mixed . One ssaid that it was poor while the other two liked it. Which is why I bought one for myself , just to see. However, I'm a Pocket Star man myself.
    Guess just I'll have to wait til number 8 comes to the US.How good a writer is Cortez compared to Collins? Does he watch CSI:Miami before writing his novels, thereby giving it context? O r does he write like like Kaminski?

10. Dynamo1

His first CSI: Miami book won't be out until approximately December 27. I haven't read any other books he has written, so I am not familiar with his work.

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

If you want to pre-order "Killing Game" from Amazon.com , you can. That's what I did.

12. gregsgirl89

gregsgirl89 Pathologist

I read Grave Matters and It was very good. I have to start on Binding Ties now

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Haven't found any in the bookstores or libraries here so will probably end up ordering them online.

Stupid question but what exactly is a graphic novel? Is that graphic content not for the squeamish or a comic book or something else? That's a new one for me.

14. Dynamo1

A radio talk-show host once said, "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked." You sometimes need to ask questions to learn.

As for your question, a graphic novel is a comic book that is usually printed on better quality paper, with a thicker stock of paper for a cover. And they usually costs much more than a regular monthly comic book.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Interesting. Thanks.