CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Yeh, they stay true to the show. The latest is set in between 'Comes around..' and 'Snow Day' and there are elements remembering the former ep and then little things that link with what is in store for the characters in Snow Day. I think they are definatly worth getting them from online ;)

2. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Thank Natty! I'll have to look for them on Amazon.

3. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

I'll be reading Miami's Right To Die once I've finished my current Star Trek novel.

4. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I've finally found the time to finish reading Four Walls. It was a fast read. Among the four NY novels, this is by far the best. The characterizations were really good and spot on. I love the fact that he's included characters we've met in previous seasons but haven't seen lately such as Jane Parsons. I found myself laughing out loud. I love KRAD's humor. :D Plus, KRAD knows the characters' histories and you could see from his writing that he's watched the episodes because he kept referring to what had happened on the show.

What's really funny was that KRAD kept mentioning food throughout the novel, (including things such as cannoli, biscotti, Sid's special recipe steaks (sounds so yummy the way it was described by KRAD), and more), that I kept putting down my copy just to get some food out of the fridge to whip something up! Man, the book made me hungry! :lol: Even the last scene in the book was about food! :lol:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  5. LocardPrinciple

Just started reading Jeff Mariotte's "CSI: Miami: Right to Die."

So far it's pretty good just Alexx's talking to the body is a little overdone. She doesn't talk quite like that on the show. Mariotte has put too much exposition in that, but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes, certainly an interesting case for the Miami team. I only have one question. When is this one set, because he describes Wolfe as a relatively-recent addition to the team. This makes me think it is season 4 sometime.

6. Billy

Billy Hit and Run

I'm actually reading the novel 'CSI: In Extremis'.

But I don't really like it. It's an exciting case I think, but I don't like the way the author describes the characters. Feels like he has never seen an episode.

7. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I feel the exact same way about In Extremis, it was really hard for me to finish. And i agree that it feels like he's never seen an episode ever.

8. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

i'm reading Right to die too. Alexx is a little overdone, its a little hard to follow sometimes but other than that i love it! My Favorite parts are the comments on Ryan's driving.:)

9. LocardPrinciple

I finished Right to Die on wednesday. It wasn't the best of the Miami books, but it was still enjoyable. It would appear, after having read the book, to be set sometime in season five, but it would be nice to have some kind of Case Note like a Historian's Note in the Star Trek books, to know when each CSI novel is set.

What's the next one to come out? And has the list in the merchandise thread been updated?

10. Giwu

Giwu Victim

I am looking for an updated list of books (from all three series) and was wondering if anyone knew where to look? The merchandise list that has a sticky attached to it was last updated in April.

Thanks much

11. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Ohh- a new Miami book. I will have to look out for that. My favourite so far is Riptide, I skipped through all the scientific bits but I liked the character interaction.

13. LocardPrinciple

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Victim

Ahem, CSI: HEADHUNTER is due out later this week, and is already in stock at Amazon.

Just thought I'd mention that. :)

15. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Sweet, Greg. I'll have to look it up at the book store. Who's the author? ;)