CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Cold Burn is my favorite!!! It was the first on i bought too!:)

2. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I need to start buying and reading these books. I should read this whole post. Hopefully there is some kind of list of books available!

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

There is an Updated CSI Merchandise List tacked up near the top of the list of threads in this section that should be up to date.

4. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

After reading the positive reviews on "Four Walls" I deceided to buy the book on eBay. It's cheaper to get the book (including shipment costs) from the US then buy it online here in The Netherlands! :lol: The only downside is that it can take up to a month before it is delivered to me. Good thing that I'm a busy girl. ;)

5. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

I live in the UK. Next time, send me an email and I'll pick it up and send it to you.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Just picked up Four Walls today at Walmart!

7. Claire Conrad

Claire Conrad Witness

Deluge was the best NY book I have ever read. Wait.. the only one I've read so far, but who's counting? Loved that book. I kept laughing the whole way through.

I own a lot of CSI books, and Miami... I have yet to read them all. Riptide happens to be one of them. Also the two that are connected, the two parters, the CHristmas ones. I'm reading "Cut and Run" right now. It's really good. Miami rocks! I can't wait to get some NY books for my b-day in November. All ready on my list. I think I'm going to beg Uncle to take me to Wal-Mart now, if NY is there... I so want it. And any CSI book I don't all ready own. I've read some CSI:LV books... like "Cold Burn", "Sin City", and.... that one book... I can't remember it now. But COld Burn was the best CSI:LV I have ever read... OMW! Catherine and Nick in that book... W00t! Sin City was all right... I got the ending spilled by my best friend when I was half way through. Oh well, it was all right, but so not my favorite. My sister owns In Extremis. Neither of us have read it yet. We get books faster than we can read them. Especially me. Half the books in my room are unread... literally.

I can't wait to get Four Walls. Sounds so good of a book!

8. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

I've got
    CSI:Miami -
    Florida Getaway
    Cut and Run - really liked it
    The Christmas one
    Heat Wave
    Cult Following - really liked this one too
    Riptide - I read it on the beach this summer, I was scared to get in the water after I read it!

Also have from the original CSI:
    Body of Evidence
    and currently reading Grave Matters

9. LocardPrinciple

LocardPrinciple Hit and Run

I own all the CSI novels, except for the last two or three out/due out.

KRAD, just finished Four Walls. Absolutely fantastic. Loved the male/female divide and you truly brought NYC alive for me.

The flashbacks were brilliant and I thought the second person one with Flack was a brave move. Not many people can write second person and have it work as well as that did. Can I ask what made you go that route?

Looking forward to more CSI:NY from you (as long as you keep writing the Klingon Empire books).

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I just finished 'Riptide' (CSI:Miami book) Anyone read it?

I found the plot pretty interesting and really dark for CSI:Miami. While the end did drag out a bit, I was pretty surprised as to who the culprit was. The book kept me guessing though--which says something for the actual show when I figure out the killer before the teaser's even over. :lol:

Donn Cortez does an excellent job, even though I have to say I do miss Max Allan Collins. I wouldn't mind Donn writing for the show, he has a knack for characterization and research. I think there was a part in the book where he went into detail about the particulars of latex which wasn't something that I thought was really needed but it just goes to show that he didn't miss out on the science aspect of CSI.

For some reason though, I kept thinking in the mindset of season one, even though Ryan Wolfe was there. It just had that 'vibe' for me, probably because the case was darker and there wasn't so much a focus on action as there was science and investigative work.

Anyway, a good read. :)

11. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Riptides was one of those books where I didn't put it down because I needed to see it through.

His characterizations of everyone, except for Ryan, was pretty on spot. His Ryan though, was a little odd.

His descriptions of the procedures and the latex was a little.. dull.

It was an ok book though.

12. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I just got my copy of CSI: NY Four Walls by KRAD. Yay, finally got it after waiting for months...I'm looking forward to reading it. Now, I'm off to covering it with plastic cover. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

^^^ I only just managed to find the time to read my copy, and I really enjoyed reading it :D

14. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

My copy is sitting on my night table. Now, I just have to make time to read it. Real life has pretty much been hectic lately. :rolleyes:

15. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

I've been wanting to read the CSI: NY books, but my library doesn't carry them. Are they worth purchasing online? Do they stay true to the tv show? I've read books based on tv shows before and some were good and stunk b/c they were nothing like the show at all.