CSI books.

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Daquien, Jul 19, 2005.

1. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

The novels are stories on their own. While they are good at capturing the character, they don't follow any particular episodes, although they might make reference to them.

VManso, thanks for the info about Deluge. Much appreciated. I don't know how I missed Miami, but thankfully the bookstore I went to carried both. Funny, it was a small bookstore I was in, and the bigger(translate:megastore) that I usually frequent did not have either of them.

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Waiting
    The CSI novels are to be considered an adjunct to the series.

3. detdonflackjr

detdonflackjr Rookie

4. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ Thanks for sharing. Now I gotta mark may 22 in my calendar XD

5. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

Thanks guys!!! Thanks for the info regardin CSI books!

6. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Thanks for the link! I really can't wait for it to come out. I won't miss it this time.

7. greg_sara_love

greg_sara_love CSI Level One

how bout the next CSI novel?? what would be the title?? i love to read CSI books...(I only read the las vegas only)

8. ElinWaffle

ElinWaffle Witness

I still haven't finished Cold Burn. What can I say, I was reading Hannibal at the time I bought the book, and I got a tons of books to read for my birthday.

Anyway, while I am a GSR shipper and Cold Burn is full of moments, I do not like the way Max Allan Collins is writing his books. I've read better fanfiction. Some places are nicely written, but some feels just too out of place. I've heard someone mention that in some book he actually had Sara eating meat (At least I think it was Max Allan Collins). Not very good at getting his information right, is he?

The book is this far, ok. But nothing jups out and says "WOW!". Maybe it is because I read too many books, I don't know. All I know is that I do not like his way of writing, even though it is okay.

9. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Well, Amazon.ca has a description of CSI: NY Deluge up, and here's the description of it :
    Days and nights of heavy spring rain threaten to cripple New York City. Neighborhoods are experiencing periodic blackouts. People have been reported electrocuted by fallen power lines. Flooding of some subway lines has stopped trains in their tracks. And in the midst of the deluge, the CSI team has three cases to solve.

Mac Taylor and Don Flack are on the trail of the perpetrator of a string of grisly murders with one thing in common: initials carved into the victims' bodies. When an unusual connection is found between the victims' lives, Mac realizes the killer isn't finished -- not by a long shot.

Lindsay Monroe and Danny Messer investigate the death of a teacher at an exclusive Manhattan private school. The victim seems like everyone's favorite teacher on the surface -- but they soon uncover a darker secret lurking beneath.

Stella Bonasera and Sheldon Hawkes are on-site at a suspicious building collapse when shifting rubble traps Hawkes in a deep pit with a mysterious stranger. Tensions rise as their oxygen starts to run out....

The intrepid members of New York's crack forensic team must race against time and the elements to bring three very different criminals to justice.

Sounds good, only a couple of more weeks and it's out!

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I pre-ordered it from Amazon.com a while back.

11. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

I just got Deluge, the CSI:NY book today from Barnes and Noble. I ordered it about 3 or 4 months ago (pre-ordered). I haven't started it yet, but I'm hecka excited! :)

12. mj0621

mj0621 Pathologist

^ omg! you did! lucky you. now imma hunt B&N! :lol: do tell me what happens puweez? :D

13. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

How did you get it early? It wasn't suppose to be released until the 22? I was in Chapters today, and they still have nothing. YOu are so lucky!

14. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

I finished it in one day. Now I'm sad. I want more CSI:NY books! :( Luckily, I got a CSI book from the public library, but there's only one in the WHOLE ENTIRE LIBRARY! I guess that's one of the downsides of living in Walla Walla.

But anyway, the CSI:NY book is so freaking awesome. I won't give away any details, but I will say that I loved it.

As for getting it so early, maybe it's cause I pre-ordered it so early. I pre-ordered it in...December I think, so maybe they give them to you sooner if you order earlier. Or maybe it's just luck! :)

15. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Either way, you are still lucky. I can't wait to read it. New York's my favorite, and there have only been 2 books out. I'm glad there is another one coming. Just a little over a week now.