CSI: Bikini Bottom

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Hankster, Sep 20, 2005.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm enjoying this, keep it up!

*had to watch a lot of Spongebot this weekend with the little cousins over*

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(Cut scenes kick in and we see Det. Frank Terp with a geeky looking fish-guy wearing a water helmet and a lab coat that has the name "Reed--VIDEO GUY" embroidered on it an a painfully obvious fashion.)

Reed: I've isolated video of buses arriving from Bikini Bottom from 2 to 4 PM day before yesterday. Shelfways provided the bus numbers that were express non-stops from Bikini bottom. There were 2 that arrived from there in that time frame. Based upon the departure time on the outgoing ticket, the bus would have been number 4 of their red line.

Terp: Let's move it forward a bit.

(Camera zooms in on the monitor as we see various buses entering and leaving from the depot. When a red bus with a 4 on it pulls in, the screen pauses.)

Reed: Let's go through this on slow. We need to see if we spot someone getting a long bag or carrying case off the bus that would hold a harpoon or similar object.

Terp: Good man.

(We see the video now going in slow motion. We see various amphibian-people, bird-people, aquatic mammal-people, and fish people in water helmets getting off the bus and heading out to the terminal. Terp and Reed start to look disgusted when the bus pulls away and we see a large, burly Shark-man in a water helmet holding a bag that looks like it would hold several fishing poles. He has a ski-cap on over his helmet and seems to be deliberately avoiding the cameras.)

Terp: Can you try to focus in on his head and see if we can get a face?

Reed: I'll try.

(We see Reed selecting some squares around this fellows head and slowing the tape down even more as he tries to capture the face. It looks like it's not going to happen until a bunch of Nerds carrying jellyfishing nets get off another bus and bump into him. His face turns to the left enough to get a slight profile that's fuzzy, but is the most they ever get from this guy's face before he stalks off.)

Reed: Software says there's not enough to get a match.

Terp: That's okay--this is purty good, and when we get the kid's description done by the sketch artist we'll have enough to work with. I've got an Email address for some folks over at the Bikini Bottom crime lab. Can you try to enlarge and clear up that shot as best you can and forward it on?

Reed: On it, Detective Terp. (Terp hands Reed a slip of paper that reads det_jim_bass@csi.bbpd.gov)

3. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(Time lapse shows the sun starting to set on Ukulele Bottom. It's end of shift and Horatio Crane comes back into the lab to see Reed still working on the tapes for the 18 hours following the murder.)

Horatio: Mr. Reed. We've not found anyone who matches the sketch or the screen capture you provided at the airport or at the bus terminal. Have you found evidence of his departure.

Reed: It looks like... wait...

(Camera Zooms in on the monitor, that shows the paused video. Again, we see the hulking shark-man with a water helmet in view, carrying that long sling-bag and doing his darndest to stay out of the camera's eye.)

Horatio: The time key says 10:30 AM. The murder scene was discovered close to noon. We got the picture at 2:30 PM and faxed it over to Bikini Bottom. (Crane bangs his fisted wing on the table.) He probably arrived there at the same time as the fax which means that he was long gone from the bus station by then. (Horatio grabs his shell phone and hits a redial number)

(Video cuts to Bikini Bottom, with Detective Jim Bass parked outside the Bus Station. Bass is watching the buses arrive when his shell phone rings.)

Bass: Jim Bass.

Horatio: (voice on phone) Detective Bass. This is Lieutenant Horatio Crane, Ukulele Bottom/Spade County Police Department.

Bass: Crane! Thanks for having your guys fax over that composite sketch and the screen capture. We've been watching the bus station and we've got an APB out on anyone who fits the description.

Horatio: We've figured out he probably already left the bus station by the time we got the pictures to you, Captain Bass.

Bass: Crap! It figures. I guess the baton's been passed to BBPD now. We'll take it from here.

Crane: One more thing--we have a survivor. The son of the victims. I'm sending Calleigh DuGong your way to bring him back. He'll need some protection and some help. He has an aunt and an uncle who'll take him in, pending his clearing Child Protective Services.

Bass: Great. Poor kid though--have her take him to BBPD headquarters. We'll have the Uncle and Aunt, and a Social Worker there to meet Ms. DuGong. Thanks again for all your help on this one. We owe you one.

Horatio: My pleasure, Captain Bass. Let's just hope I don't have to cash in that favor anytime soon.

Bass: Will do. Goodbye, Lieutenant Crane. (They hang up. Bass speed-dials Grunion.)

(Video cuts to Grunion who's out in the field with Nick Sturgeon)

Grunion: (Looks at the display on his shell phone to see it's Jim Bass) Jim. Any news on our Harpooner?

Bass: Yep. UBPD Crime Lab called in and let us know that the perp most likely got back here close to when we got the sketches and the picture. That means he's here and that means we can get 'em.

Grunion: I'll call Archie Koi to come in and get any video the bus station has to verify. We're not going to let this guy slip through our fins this time!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ARCHIE KOI!!! EEK!!! he'd make one hot fishcake. :devil:

awesome update, as usual. keep it up!

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I do hope you get to Rock Bottom, I can't want to see the NY version.

6. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(Several cut scenes kick in and we're outside the Dolphus residence in Bikini Bottom. Det. O'Reefy and Sara Sailfish are there with a warrant trying to search for clues as to why someone would want Don and Wendy Dolphus murdered. Ray Dolphus, who is Don's brother and Donny's Uncle is there with a key and looking over the warrant.)

Ray Dolphus: This looks to be in order, Det. O'Reefy. Let me get the spare key and I'll let you both in.

Det. O'Reefy: (BIG, stocky fish guy with a buzz-cut and a blue collar accent) Tanks, Mr. Dolphus.

(As Ray Dolphus is opening the door, Sara Sailfish gets in between O'Reefy and Ray and begins to turn on the charm a little in order to ask some questions.)

Sara: Mr. Dolphus, do you have any idea why someone would want your brother and his wife dead.

Ray: (Scrunches his brow a bit as he's thinking and opening the door) I know he'd been placing bets over at the Laguna Seahorse races for a bit, but Wendy made him stop. Once, a couple of weeks ago, he said he'd gone a couple of times behind Wendy's back--placing bets with some bookie whom he owed a couple'a grand to. I told him he needed to stop--that he'd get in trouble if Wendy found out and he said he would. He didn't bring it up again after that.

Det. O'Reefy: (Grunts) So you tink maybe dis bookie decided it was time to collect it outta his tailfin since he wuddn't payin' on time?

Ray: God, I hope not. (he reaches over to turn on the lights, revealing a large hulking figure wearing a ski mask that'd been caught by surprise.)

Large Hulking Fish: Huh?!?!?!

(Det. O'Reefy draws his gun, Sara Sailfish instinctively ducks and grabs Ray Dolphus, pulling him down as well)

Det. O'Reefy: BBPD! FINS UP WHERE I CAN SEE 'EM!!!

(The Hulking fish complies, but then notices he's standing near the open window he came in from, tenses up and then jumps out as O'Reefy opens fire)

Det. O'Reefy: DOITY BARNACLES!!! We didn't bring a black-n-white wid us! (He takes off out the door, leaving Sara Sailfish and Ray Dolphus behind.)

(Sara Sailfish draws her gun, pulls out her flashlight and then turns to Ray Dolphus)

Sara: Tartar sauce! We should've brought a uniform to clear the house! We weren't expecting to find someone here! I'm going to clear the house. You stay here until I get back!

Ray: Uh... okay...

(Sara leaves and starts sweeping the hallway and the other rooms with her gun and flashlight. After a thorough search, she's satisfied the rest of the house is clear and comes back into the living room where she sees an out of breath O'Reefy coming in.)

O'Reefy: Dat big lug was fast. He had a boatmobile out back and was outta here before I could catch 'em. I gotta partial plate though and I gotta good look at the boatmobile.

Sara: This is now a crime scene--let's get back outside and wait for backup and then give it a thorough examination.

O'Reefy: Dey're on da way, and I put out an APB on dat boatmobile.

(Sara nods and the three exit the Dolphus house.)

(Scene cuts kick us back to Ukulele Bottom where Lt. Horatio Crane is giving CSI Calleigh DuGong final instructions before her departure for Bikini Bottom with Donny Dolphus. Suddenly, there's a commotion down the hall that prompts him and Calleigh to get up and go check it out. We see in the holding area, Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick Star, wearing water helmets with Jellyfishing Trucker hats over them, both of them cuffed by a uniformed UB/Spade officer.)

Spongebob: Please officer! I don't wanna go to jail! WAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Patrick: Me neither! BOO HOO HOO!!!!

Lt. Horatio Crane: What's with these two?

Det. Frank Terp: A uniform brought them in a few minutes ago. They were trying to sneak onto an Express Bus back to Bikini Bottom without having a return ticket!

Spongebob: I told you! Some big Shark-guy beat us up and stole our return ticket! He brandished a harpoon at us, so we gave 'em up!!!

Patrick: BOO HOO HOO!!!

(Horatio gives an intense look to the two of them and then to Frank Terp, who nods that he understands.)

Horatio: Sneaking onto a bus without a ticket... is a VERY BAD thing...

Spongebob: We know! We wouldn't have done it if we hadn't spent all our money on souveneers at the Jellyfishing convention!

Horatio: However, I don't think there's any need to press charges and take you to jail. In fact, I think we can help you boys get back to bikini bottom... IF... you can help us.

Patrick: Sure! We'll do anything you need us to do sir!

Horatio: I'm Lt. Horatio Crane. You've met my associate, Detective Terp. This woman here is Calleigh DuGong--she's a Crime Scene Investigator here in Ukulele Bottom.

Spongebob: You're a CSI! Wow! Just like our friends Haddock, Nick and Dr. Grunion back in Bikini Bottom!

Calleigh: You guys know Nick, Haddock and Gills Grunion?

Patrick: Oh yeah! When Spongebob's house got eaten by nematodes, Dr. Grunion figured out what happened and he figured out that they left a seed that grew him a NEW pineapple house!

Spongebob: I work over at the Krusty Krab and Nick Sturgeon and Haddock Brown take their breaks or buy their dinner over there all the time.

Horatio: I see. If you boys can remember what this big shark guy looked like, Calleigh can get you with our sketch artist. We think he may be the same fellow we're looking for in a murder case.

Spongebob: Murder! Eeek! I'll do anything I can to help!

Patrick: Me too!

Horatio: Ms. DuGong....

(Calleigh steps forward, takes Spongebob by the hand and leads him and Patrick to the back to meet the sketch artist. Horatio and Frank stare as they leave then give eachother a look.)

Frank: You really think these Goobers will help?

Horatio: If they can help our friends in Bikini Bottom ID the perp, it's a start. (Horatio puts on his sunglasses slowly and walks out dramatically)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

the sunglasses! ^^ and i love how sara is so assertive here :lol:

awesome update, as usual!

will we be seeing bobby from ballistics? and i think we have yet to see sofia or vartann... i'm just waiting for plankton xD

Elanor.

8. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

:) I love CSI & I love Spongebob :)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

hehe. i could picture this as an entire franchise... man, how would I like to see those hot fishcakes :devil:

I'll take Codges for the appetizer, Grunion a la mode for main course with a side of Sturgeon, a dash of Sandshark, and Koi for dessert. ^^

i love this fic...

Elanor.

10. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(We have scene cuts that take us back to Bikini Bottom and Det. Jim Bass. He's seen walking down the hall of the crime lab to Gills Grunion's office with a manila folder. The door is open, but he is polite and raps his fin on the door jamb.)

Bass: Knock-knock.

Grunion: I heard O'Reefy on the Police Scanner. Please give me some good news.

Bass: Well, the boatmobile was found, abandoned, near the Sea-Needle, but the driver was MIA.

Grunion: Well, this means he wasn't as thorough and we can hopefully find scales to run through AFISc, DNA evidence and other trace in there.

Bass: I also got a call from our friends in Ukulele Bottom. Before they could send their girl down with the vics' kid, two of our old friends showed up there. They had apparently had their return ticket stolen by a tough shark-guy, but they stayed for the Jellyfishing convention over there and then tried to sneak back onto the bus without a ticket.

Grunion: "Old friends?"

(Bass passes him the Manila folder, which Grunion opens and the contents are revealed to be faxed mug shots of Spongebob and Patrick, making sad but funny faces, and then another composite sketch that is similar to the one that was provided earlier from Donny Dolphus' description.)

Grunion: (Moves his glasses down his nose and then shoots Bass a look and a smile.) Well, well, well! If it isn't Spongebob Squarepants and his neighbor Patrick Star. Is it my imagination or does trouble seem to find them wherever they go?

Bass: (Chuckles) Don't I know it! Still, they gave our colleagues in U-B some more detail than the Dolphus kid. Look at the tattoo on his arm!

(Camera zooms in on the right forearm in the picture, revealing an anchor with the words "Sub Sinker" written across it in Gothic letters)

Grunion: Archie Koi's been working the Bus Station video. Let's see if we got a good shot at the perp on the return trip. If we see the tattoo, and it's a match, we've got a timeline on his return and this could provide enough probable cause for us to get warrants where we need them.

(Bass nods and Grunion gets up, the two of them then head to the Video Lab at a fast clip.)

11. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(Grunion and Bass march into the video lab where we see a Koi-guy in a lab coat sitting at a desk, looking at a monitor. This fellow looks A LOT like our favorite CSI videographer.)

Archie: Grunion. I was just about to page you. I think I've gotten some images you could use.

Grunion: Let's see it.

Archie: Whomever works for the Shelfway's station here in town recently shelled out for a digital video security system which produces nice, clear images that are in cameras that are covered in one-way opaque bubble shells. We've got some really nice shots of our suspect right... (Archie fastforwards to a time marker he's set) here!

(Camera zooms in on the monitor where we see a familiar, hulking shark-guy, now in a ski cap WITHOUT a water helmet, getting off the red Shelfway's bus, looking around for cameras, not seeing any and then grabbing his long, tubular bag and walking out of the station.)

Bass: This is some nice video, Archie. Just one question though--can you backup and zoom in on this guy's left fin.

Archie: Sure. Gimme a second...

(Archie complies with Bass' request and stops the video when the left fin of the suspect is in full view. The tattoo is visible--an anchor--but the wording is not)

Archie: How's that?

Grunion: Can you zoom in on that left fin and try to clean it up so the tattoo's detail is clearer?

Archie: I'll try...

(We see the monitor zoom in on the fin, now being blurred, then the image gradually clears up and we see "Sub Sinker" on the anchor tattoo.)

Bass: That's what we needed. Let's get this, along with some clearer shots of his face. We're gonna nail his scales to the wall!!!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

loving it! just a side note though... i think you named archie koi after archie kao... archie kao is the name of the actor and the name of the character is archie johnson. ^^

but i still love this fic so much! update soon!

Elanor.

13. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

**Sidebar: I know that the character is named Archie Johnson, but I chose KOI because of the actor's name Kao and because a Koi is a fish. It was easier than doing one for Archie or Johnson...

14. Guest

Guest Guest

i see :D i'll happily be waiting for the next update...

Elanor.

15. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

(Grunion goes into the computer lab and sees Sara Sailfish at the computer.)

Grunion: Sara, you have access to the prisoner tattoo database on that machine?

Sara: Let me check (moves the mouse around, looks at the screen)... sure do. What's up?

Grunion: (pulls out a folder, opens it and hands her the fax from the UB/Spade sketch artist and the screen print he just got from Archie Koi showing the Tattoo) Try and see if you can find this one. We may not be able to match a prisoner, but it may link to a Prison gang...

Sara: And someone may talk in exchange for a move or some extra priviledges. I'm on it.

(Grunion turns to leave, then stops, looks at Sara and smiles, and then turns and leaves)