CSI: autographs advice and how to be successful

My brother does this and has a book of autographs but he never clues me in on how to do it. For example, do you use those big manilla envelopes and enclose one inside with SASE? Do you need to send a picture? Where do you get the picture? How much does it cost to mail one of those envelopes inside for the self-addressed one and how much for the main envelope with the envelope inside. Do you include letters? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right so I can start with the CSI casts. :)

Thursday, I received my first autograph!!!! It's from Jorja Fox!!!:eek:
Oh my God, I am so happy!!!! I sent my letter one year ago and I finally got my answer!!! A wonderful autographed picture!!!
I was afraid it won't work because I didn't send a picture but hopefully it works!!!
One question: I live in Switzerland and I want to ask you where do you find pictures because in Switzerland I can't find anywhere and if I want to have more autographs I need pictures of the actors!!!
Thank you so much!!!;)

Sorry it took me a while to reply, this weekend has been crazy.

First of all, when i do look for pictures, i just use search engines such as google, yahoo, alta vista, etc and click the image tab then name of celebrity and search. Personally I like really large pictures that you can shrink to a page cause that works better than small pics enlarging at least for me anyway.

As far as envelopes, i like 10 x 13. they're generally big enough to hold anysize pictures. With the SASE, i usually fold it in half and stick it inside the other with the letter and if i chose to a picture.

As far as how much it costs to send out, it depends. I don't want to give a definate answer becuase mine though generally the same does change every once in a while. I suggest not sealing the envelope the first several times and see abotu how much the letter, photo, and SASE costs together on the outside and then put simialr amount on hte sase. That's what i did when i first started.

I hope that answered questions and made sense. I've not been home long as i have just got off work and its almost midnight here.

Edit: Also, i always had in colored sharpie Photo Encolsed Please don't Bend on both front and back of the sase. The outer one also if i happen to be sending photos.

Last edited:
Yeah, they do or at least some actors do. Though, i forgot to mention that I usually use photo paper. In my opinion, it does work better than regular computer paper. If you look on my site, the Sofia Milos, Carmine Giovinazzo, and both William Petersens were pictures that i sent to them.

To date I have ......

1. David Caruso - signed photo with a little note * Squuuuuueeeeee!*

2. William Petersen - I got a signed pic for my mother. It helps her through the chemo. :)

3. Eric Szmanda - signed photo with a letter.

4. Carmine Giovinazzo - signed photo/card for his band Ceesau.

As to date, I have been trying for 20+ years to obtain a signed photo from Gary Sinise. I think he just does like me.;)

Hehe.....

Today, I got Hill Harper's. *grins* Not a bad turnaround. I mailed the letter May 8, and got it back on the 27th. now to figure out which address it was that i used....

hi im new!!! in the forum (actually this is the fifth time i present myself :) ) and im goin to try to get the autographs of my favorite CSIs!!!! and lets see what happens!!!

Just got anohter autograph today. Gonzalo Menendez, the actor that played Clavo Cruz, sent me a little note as well as an autographed picture. Sent it on 6-23 got it back 7-7. First time i got a handwritten note. *grins*

wow great for you Wolfsong, you have a vast collection of autographs. i'm thinking of trying to ask for autographs too from Marg Helgenberger or the CSI LV cast but i don't know how because i'm here in the Philippines, if the process is the same..

wolfsong - I love your autograph collection - I laughed when I saw Ganzalo Menendez! He's my favorite bad guy.

I just wrote Emily Procter last week, so hopefully she'll send me something back!!

Back