CSI: autographs advice and how to be successful

grssom89: Simply go to the post office say, 'I want to send this to the US, what stamps/air travels costs do I have to include' and smile as he/she tells you. :lol:

It's fairly easy. When I send mail to England from the States, I think it's just a few cents/pennies for a small letter, pushing dollars/pounds for larger ones.

Tres easy

grssom89 I'm not sure if you're referring to the SASE or the general costs of sending the letter to the US. For the cost of sending it, just go to the Post Office and tell them you want to send it to the US and they'll weigh it and put the stamps on for you. Unfortunately I don't know the answer about the SASE, as I've never had to send something abroad with a return envelope and postage paid. I guess you could ask at the Post Office, I'm sure they'll have come across it before. To be honest, if I were you I would probably send it without the SASE.

natty, on the other page of this thread I think someone has mentioned getting a reply from Gary Sinise and they used the CBS address. They do film at CBS Radford, so that address is still valid, whereas I would have no idea about whether the other two are still correct, it could be old information and he might have changed management or something, you never know. The CBS address seems like a good option to me.

General question about SASE for people who have sent them? If you sent a request for an autograph and enclosed a self addressed and stamped envelope, did they reply to you using the envelope you supplied or not? Just wondering...

I've only just recently started sending out SASEs with requests but the few successes that i have had since then they have both came back in the envelope i sent. Of ocurse i also sent pictures for both to sign (Mark Harmon and William Petersen)

And my main reason for posting in this topic. *grins* Today, I got a success from William Petersen. I first mailed him on Feb. 6, 2008 and got a reply today March 3, 2008. Both pictures that i sent came back signed and the one that i wanted inscribed i put a sticky note on and he did.

^ You're welcome Natty. :)

Thanks for the information Wolfsong! That's great that you got a reply, and really quick too. :D Thanks for letting everyone know what you posted and how it was returned, I'm sure that will be useful for people to know.

I wrote a letter to Jorja more than a year ago and I don't have a reply...but I live in Switzerland and maybe it takes time... With my letter, I sent a SASE but I didn't put a picture!:( I sent with my letter a reply international coupon, because I don't have american stamps and in Switzerland, there aren't american stamps! Hope it will work all the same!!!
I wrote her a long letter, it takes me a lot of time and when I read the previews posts and know that some have received a reply two years after, it gives me hope! I'm still waiting and before I read this thread, I forgot about my letter to Jorja! Now I have hope and it's the most important!:thumbsup:

:cool: I never realised before that you had a link in your signature to pics of all the autographs. I just had a look and it's a pretty impressive collection you have there! :)

*grins* Thank you. I've been collecting off and on since high school. Just updated mysite. Still hoping to hear from Emily Procter and David Caruso

Back