CSI: autographs advice and how to be successful

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Guest, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I sent a letter to Eric Szmanda back in July and got a personalized autographed picture and little letter in the mail from him yesterday. He is really good about getting back, even if it takes awhile.

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i got one from Jorja Fox like 5 years ago. it was soo cool i found an address on one of her fan sites and i took the chance. i sent her a really nice pic to sign and a letter. a few months later having totally forgotten i had even written to her i got a package back with a sign promo pic that says "Thanx for the note" and my pic i sent as well signed. she even wrote out the envelope. i love my autographed pics i have them up on my desk.

at the moment i am trying to write Anna Belknap and Carmine Giovinazzo. i'd go nuts if i ever got one their autos.

3. GregsLover

GregsLover Prime Suspect

ok I've been wanting to write them for a year or so. The only thing stopping me is that I have no idea what to write or if i should include a picture for them to sign. I mean do you write a letter, and ask for an autographed picture or what? So I need assistance. :confused:

4. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

You could write them a letter and ask for an autographed picture. But make sure you send a SASE. If you want them to sign a picture that you like, send that picture to them along with a letter and a SASE. :)

5. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

so after reading this thread i am really thinking about taking a chance and writing to them and asking for an autograph :)...From what i have read, David Caruso and Eric Szmanda are pretty good about replying back :).... has anyone written to Jon Togo and Emily Procter and gotten a reply? :confused: because they would be the autographs i would want the most :).. and i am assuming i should use the CBS address.... and i know alot of people are asking about the SASE but i am still kind of confused.. :confused: if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it...... :)

6. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

A SASE is an envelope you put inside another envelope, already addresses and stamped so that the actor/actress doesnt have to pay to reply to you.

7. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

oh ok thanks :)i understand now lol :lol:

8. ericisacutie

ericisacutie Lab Technician

Hey, just a couple days ago I finally recieved my autogragh from Eric Szmanda. I sent the request off probably six months ago.... And guess what? I got two!!!! Two different envelopes, same pictire, one just a little smaller. That one says "to Laura", then it has his autogragh. And the other says "to Laura, Be Well." And his autogragh. I'm one lucky cookie!!!! :D

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

MM thanks for looking :)

10. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

i've always wanted to write to one of the actors and ask for an autograph but i don't really know what to say or how long the letter should be :confused:.. i mean do i just write a little note... or do i make it a little longer lol i don't know! :)

11. CSIFan86

CSIFan86 Victim

when you wrote him, did you send a picture for him to sign? or did you just send the letter? and also, did you do a Self-addressed envelope, too? And what address did you use?

By the way, that's awesome that you got two back! ;)

12. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

Today, after a year has passed since i wrote, I received a pic of Jorja Fox. That brings my total of csi autographs to from Miami: a main cast pic of miami and a letter from ann donnahue's office, A pic of Boti Bliss, aka Valera and from Vegas: Marg Helgenberger, Robert David Hall, and Jorja Fox. THe only ones with my name on it are boti bliss and robert david hall. *grins* Now, if i could only hear back from the rest.

13. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

OK, not CSI related but I have a call back for an audition. 'Without a trace' if anyone watches it? Haha, I'm gonna try and steal auntographs so if anyone wants, ask ;)

When writing a letter, I guess it can be aslong as you need. I mean, don't write the poor people an essay, but a little more that 'you're my fave, please sign' is always nice.

I remember being asked for my auntograph, it only happened once. Some guy called Peter who collected theatre actors autographs. :lol: Was so funny.

Jodie xx

14. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

That's so cool for you Jodie :D (and here I am in the college play haha) Seriously, that's wicked :cool:. I used to love WaT, then the stupid channel stopped showing it :(

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

That's cool but please stay on topic, thanks. :)

People have mentioned in the past about getting a reply many months later, so don't give up hope if you haven't had a response. As for the length of the letter, I don't really know, but I guess it's obviously nice to tell them how much you like their work and the show etc. but it's also probably best not to write an essay. ;)