Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Phew, I'm glad to "see" you all again in here, I nearly thought I'm a thread-killer :p

Oh noes! :eek: Katie, don't kill me! I didn't notice all the things you said while watching the promo the first time, but now I listened more carefully. (gosh, sometimes they're mumbling pretty bad for a non-native English speaker like me) OK, and now it seems to me that Will (Lamontagne) really might get shot, but I'm afraid it'll be after he announced the news that he wants to marry JJ. Was it Prentiss saying first "Congratulations" and a bit later "Oh my God"???...as much as I don't like the whole writing-her-pregnancy-in-the-show storyline I still don't want to see Will dead and leave the show that way. He's cute, brings some fresh blood in the epis from time to time, booo! TPTB: You better NOT kill him off! :scream:

2. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I seriously doubt it's going to be LaMontagne that gets shot. I saw a picture of Prentiss with whoever it is, and it didn't look like any of our characters. Plus, with him appearing in this episode I think that might mean JJ doesn't go with the team to New York. I don't think he'll chase her all the way there to discuss their issues. I think that now that JJ's revealed her pregnancy to him, she'll tell the team, and Hotch will insist that she not go (might be FBI regulations or whatever). So if that's the case, he won't even be there, and thus, cannot get shot.

3. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

OK, I hope you're right! *crosses fingers*

Oh my, I read new spoilers about the finale, I should stay away from them!

Those spoilers say that someone will - literally - explode! :wtf: The following infos are taken from LA.Times.com: " SOMEONE IS getting blown up.

When “Criminal Minds" ends its turbulent third season Wednesday, one of the show's seven FBI profilers will explode. Of course, who and why is a big, cliffhanger secret to be revealed next season. But the upcoming big bang is a fitting conclusion to a season in which the behind-the-scenes drama rivaled that of the show's on-screen investigators as they chased 19 episodes' worth of serial killers.[...] The heart-thumping finale begins with a Son of Sam-style story that evolves into perhaps the most complex and dangerous probe the unit has encountered. When it began filming last month, virtually no one on-set knew which character would be in the blast."
    Read the full article over here: CBS' Criminal Minds ends season with a bang

Alright, now I am officially excited and cursing myself for reading too many spoilers! :scream:

4. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

OMG, I hadn't read any spoilers. Who, who, who bought it?

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Is someone supposed to leave the show?

All I have to say is that Reid better not get hurt or leave or anything. If he's off the show, that's the end of my viewership of that show! But then again, if they are going to go the route of some other shows' season finales and have a main character get hurt, leave or die, I have to wonder who is the most expendable. I'd say it would be Prentiss, but then again they brought her in to replace that other girl, so maybe not.

See, this is how I break it down: Reid is the smartest one (the one who has Dr. in his title), JJ's pregnant, so it won't be her (cause I've read that she's going to be spending a good deal of her pregnancy on the set filming, plus if they were going to write her off the show they wouldn't have bothered to write the actress' real life pregnancy into the show to begin with), Rossi just joined at the beginning of the season to replace Mandy/Gideon, so it most likely won't be him. Derek is the "hot" one, so I doubt it'd be him because there would be a lot of angry ladies out there. :lol: Penelope is the computer whiz, so it most likely won't be her (plus they had her character shot and survive earlier in the season, so it wouldn't make sense to get rid of her now cause they could have just done it then).

There are only two left: Prentiss and Hotchner. Like I said before, Prentiss came in to replace someone else, so I can't really see it being her. With the route that Hotchner's character has been on (with his divorce and everything), I'd say maybe he would be the one to leave (if one of them was leaving). He'd be the most logical choice. And there was something about some woman worrying because Derek was at the top of the list to replace her if she fails her job or something. That makes me think that if anyone leaves, it'll be Hotch and that if Hotch leaves his job (to spend more time with his son or whatever) that Derek will end up getting the job vacated by Hotch. If someone has to leave the show, I hope I'm right (about it either being Hotch or Prentiss). I mean, I like Thomas Gibson and Paget Brewster is cool too, but I just don't want MGG to leave cause he's my fave. :)

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Very intense, whe whole serial killer and it was killer'S, killing peole randomly, for no apparent reason, and the whole team working to find out who they were and why, the ending WOW, who got blown up? we have to wait till Sept.?

7. GregNickRyanFan

Unless we can find some spoilers for next season we will have to wait until Sept. and that sucks.

8. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe the ending. Now I have to wait till Sept. to see what happens. Loved the show. It was great. Awesome!!!!!!!!

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

As far as I've read the spoilers, news, articles, no one is supposed to leave the show or die in the last episode, but "one of the [our] team is going to be severely injured, and [viewers will] have to wait all summer to find out who it was," says exec producer Ed Bernero. "If you care about these people, you cannot miss the last 30 seconds." Taken from TV Guide.com
    But who knows? The writers can still change their mind...

It was a very exciting finale with a breath taking ending, and it's very interesting to read all the theories about who will be the character that got injured, and I also re-watched the last scenes frame by frame...but there is no way to tell. I capitulate and accept that we have to wait till September - evil!

10. GregNickRyanFan

Wait a minute... the freaking car blew up and they're just going to be "severly injured"? :confused: :wtf:I don't see how anyone could survive being in a car that blew up like that. Unless the car blowing up was a diversion or red herring and it was really that girl that looks like Haley that got blown up. And then Derek will be up for the job, but maybe Hotch will get "severly injured" some other way and Derek will have to take over Hotch's job until Hotch recovers. That would actually be interesting to see. :shrug: But, as long as Reid's okay, I'll be fine.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  11. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I don't see how anyone could survive that either. I thought the finale was great all the way through and such a mean cliffhanger.

Maybe it was jj and that will give her time to have her baby in real life. She'll be off work while she recovers from it. I hope they don't have her loose her baby on the show and break up with LaMontagne/Will. I think they are a cute couple and his character is pretty interesting.

12. GregNickRyanFan

According to tv guide, she's going to be pregnant on-screen for most of next season. I doubt they would have written her real-life pregnancy into the show if they were going to have her be hurt on the show.

Maybe Hotch gets hurt and that wakes Haley up and she comes to the hospital asking him to take her back.

13. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I wish Hotch and Haley would get back together. He was so sad this season.
    The license tag on the van that blew up looked like the one JJ got into. Maybe we didn't see that she jumped back out to give her guy a passionate goodbye kiss.
    They better not kill him off!

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Am I the only one who wants Will to get killed off? :lol: I don't like them together, but I guess I'm biased because I ship JJ/Reid. :rolleyes:

I don't think Will was the one to get blown up because the spoilers said it was one of the 7 team members.

For some reason I was thinking Morgan... I heard it was Morgan but obviously no one really knows. I missed the scene when the person got blown up so I don't even know what it looked like. >.<

Also, I wish Hotch and Haley would get back together too. Can't any show have a working relationship!?

15. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I'm thinking it might be Morgan, too, just because of the foreshadowing -- how he's in the running for Haley-lookalike's job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.