Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

OMGOMG YES! I love him with Garcia. I'm so happy he's going to be back! :D They're so adorable. They're both incredibly geeky which makes it so funny. I hope we get to see a continuation from 'Penelope' because Kevin and Garcia seemed to have hit it off.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Careful there sparky (okay sorry about that I called really happy people that sometimes, its either "Sparky" or "Perky" and well I don't want you to hurt me lol) you might bust, if I didn't know better I would think you are overly extremely hyper happy about NB coming back to guest and the chemistry between him and Garcia. :lol: :p

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I'm passionate about my ships, okay. :p But they really are adorable. And if they work out then my ships actually have a chance. :eek: Garcia/Kevin, Prentiss/Morgan, JJ/Reid... Hotch/his wife :rolleyes: And Rossi with whoever. I don't care. :lol:

It also doesn't help that I'm CM deprived. (Man, how many times have I said that?) I need my TV shows back!

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

*sneaks in* Heya! I'm outing myself now as a fairly new Criminal Minds addict.
    I love this show, very thrilling and great cast, awesome storylines - s/t very disturbing ones - just: great!
    I got completely hooked while watching "The Big Game" and "Revelations" (poor Reid)
    And because we just had the season 2 finale here in Germany I'll stick to reruns for a while, but miraculously I could watch some season 3 epis already and - NICHOLAS BRENDON! lol what a great episode. I haven't seen him since Buffy, and he looked so geeky! But cute, as always. (every time I look at him I just wanna cuddle him :D ) And he really goes well with Garcia.
    BTW: is anybody else for more story lines for JJ, too? She's a great character and I'd really like to see her more out in the field.

OK, I see: I overused the word 'great' a bit, but this show is just... great. ;)

5. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Well, there are worse words you could be using. ;) Welcome to the fandom, cinegirl. So The Big Game and Revelations were you hook episodes? Wow. Revelations traumatized me, personally. Not to say that it wasn't good, it was, it's just....well, like you said, poor Reid. :(

I completely agree with sandersidle, Garcia/Kevin are adorable! It's a new meaning for Geek Love. :D I'm glad to hear they're bringing him back. You know, now that I think about it, do you think it's because of all the M/G supporters? I've always seen Morgan and Garcia's relationship as a friendship/brother-sister thing only, and have enjoyed it as such. It seemed like that's what TPTB intended for it as well. So are they bringing in Kevin to show the M/G shippers that Garcia can have a romantic relationship and still keep the banter and that special relationship with Morgan?? I think if that's the case, it's a great idea.

Destiny, that's true about Prentiss, but really, it doesn't matter how well she compartmentalizes, some cases are still going to effect her. One of the reasons I enjoyed Children of the Dark was Prentiss. I liked getting to see her like that. When her mother came on the show in Honor Among Theives, I didn't really think they gave us all they could there, kind of like they were dangling all this character backstory in front of us and then ripped it away. Not nice. But honestly, she's lower on my list of characters I want backstories on.

cinegirl, I agree, a JJ storyline would be nice. I just want somebody to confirm the aunt theory that is basically accepted in the fandom! And figure out what happened to make her want a career at the FBI. When the show first started, I don't think the writers valued JJ very much. She was kind of a background character (TPTB even said once that they considered Morgan, Elle, and Reid like siblings, family, but mentioned nothing about JJ), but she's grown over the years. I'm proud that they've let her do that, and I don't see any reason to stop now. Especially since in the last couple eps, Limelight and 3rd Life, JJ had nothing to do. She kinda just stood around, while the others worked. And I think they may have been trying to start a storyline in Birthright, in the aftermath of Penelope, but then the strike happened. It'd be really nice for them to give us something next year.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am excited to hear that Nicholas Brendon is coming back as Kevin too. Garcia and him would be totally cute. Yes, geek love does rule. :lol:

7. Destiny

Schedule update .. 2 Repeats, 1 New one, 1 Repeat airing on a Saturday

03/12/08 (#301) In Birth and Death (Repeat)
    03/26/08 (#310) Birthright (Repeat)

When Rossi decides to revisit an unsolved case from his past, the BAU team steps in to help him unravel the circumstances behind the mysterious murder of two young parents nearly 20 years before.

Guest Stars: Nicholas Brendon as (Kevin Lynch),
    Nicholle Tom, David Tom & Jessica Raskin as (Connie, Georgie & Alicia Galen)

Special Note: Ed Bernero wrote this episode in one week after the WGA strike ended.

3/15/08 (Saturday) 9:00 PM (#306) Identity (Repeat)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  8. Destiny

Okay, I think I am seriously mean, even though I have watched tonights repeat, and other episodes in which Haley (Played by Meredith Monroe) is seen and yet I can not stand her. 'Meredith' is a great actress but I just don't care for the character, I was sitting there tonight rewatching the ep and calling her a witch (um with a B ) and I would laugh cause I know what happens, which could be why I call her that.

I admit that Hotch should maybe take some more down time to spend with his family but she knew LE (Law Enforcement) was apart of his life, and I can understand her fear that something will happen to him and he won't be there to watch his son Jack grow up. But at the sametime I can see his side. The thing that gets me was while he was sitting there in the beginning and she was yammering on about how his suspension was a blessing and then how his tranferre was so perfect she didn't seem to really see his reaction, or his emotion. Which is what led me to call her that, heaven help me that woman was clueless.

Normally I would champion any show that a married couple maintains a good relationship even off screen and his family is separate from his work, but when work is done anything that happens in that time, shows him how much he needs to appreciate what he has. The only problem is when the show took and tore that apart by making Haley a shrew, to the point that they in other episodes show him showing up at her sisters (where she stayed) and begging for sometime with his son even if he is sleeping, I would have thought by now that visitations would have been worked out. The fact that they separated them (even though her appearances were few and far between) sends the show in the direction of every police drama, and top off that with the shrewing wife and its gone from unique to typical in the space of a second.

I love the show, but hate what they did, and as I said the actress did a good job with the material she was given going from this loving wife and mother, to this fearful wife and mother, to a witchy shrew in less then two and half seasons, thats sad. I guess seeing both sides of that fence when it comes to the characters, storylines and what have you sucks. - I have to admit it was good to see Strauss falter and show some emotions and it proves what a good team they have when none of them called her on that and Hotch gave her advice and away out of it.

But I have to wonder if the writers were trying to make people thing when it came to the names. "Erin Strauss" and "Aaron Hotchner" I don't know why that came to mind it just did. :D

9. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Hmm, Erin and Aaron. I never thought about that before. Weird. I'm not sure what they'd be trying to tell us. Is it that the two of them are not/could end up not being all that different? Dedicated to their jobs to the point where it alienates their families? I don't know....

Anyhoo, Destiny, you're not the only one who doesn't like Haley. From what I understand a lot of people in the fandom never liked her. I don't count myself in that group, but I do agree, it's typical to have his wife get fed up and leave him. When the show first started they pitched Hotch as the family man. It was the big thing about his character. Having him end up divorced in ways doesn't make sense, but then again, it does bring realism to the show. From what I understand it is hard to keep up a marriage when you're working hours like that. So I'm kind of torn between those two; wanting the show to stay real or stay unique. It's a shame they can't have both.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new ep. Only three weeks to go!

10. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

New spoilers. :/

A.J. Cook is pregnant with her first child, and the pregnancy will be written into the show. A baby for JJ is on the way!

Also, Morgan is probably going to be having a romance on the show. I don't know whether it's with someone on the team.

Garcia is going to have a 'relationship' too, so I'm assuming it's with that cute dorky guy. :D

But I don't know what to think about JJ being pregnant. She hasn't been in a relationship on the show (that we know of >.<) and now suddenly she's pregnant? It doesn't make sense to me. Tbh, it sounds like something CSI: Miami would try to pull.

Source

Thoughts?

11. Destiny

I have to agree with your spoiler opinion, it doesn't sound right to me either but who knows I guess it depends on what happen between strike and post strike lol I meant on the show. :lol:

12. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Haha, yeah I guess.

I come with more spoilers.

CRIMINAL MINDS
    Air Date: Wednesday, April 09, 2008
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS

Episode Title: (#314) "A Higher Power"

WRITTEN BY: Michael Udesky

DIRECTED BY: Felix Alcala

THE BAU TEAM INVESTIGATES A SERIES OF DEATHS IN PITTSBURGH THAT APPEAR TO BE SUICIDES BUT COULD BE THE WORK OF A SERIAL KILLER, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9

"A Higher Power" - When the suicide rate spikes in a Pittsburgh neighborhood, the BAU team suspects the deaths may actually be the result of a serial killer who believes he is an "Angel of Death," on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, April 9 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

David Rossi: Joe Mantegna
    Aaron Hotchner: Thomas Gibson
    Emily Prentiss: Paget Brewster
    Derek Morgan: Shemar Moore
    Dr. Spencer Reid: Matthew Gray Gubler
    Jennifer: A.J. Cook
    Garcia: Kirsten Vangsness

GUEST CAST:

Pam Baleman: Renee O'Connor
    Ronnie Baleman: Paul Schulze
    Beth Smoler: Zakareth Ruben
    Peter Redding: Scott Michael Campbell
    Curtis Fackler: Myk Watford
    Laurie Ann Morris: Jennifer Aspen
    Jonathan Morris: Blake Robbins
    Coroner: Rod Britt
    Man #1: Craig Patton
    Woman #1: Brynn Horrocks
    Woman #2: Susan Hull
    Man #2: Tim Cummings
    Stuart Sankler: Brandon Ford Green
    Smoker: Leslie Fleming-Mitchell

Source: The Futon Critic

*This one is supposedly a JJ centered episode.
    I really wish it was April already!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  13. Destiny

:lol: Me too, but you know what I kind of like that its not if it were rushed, then I might feel that when I watch and ep that time would fly by quickly, I am not wanting that to happen. :)

I like that latest ep you posted about, another angle on that sounds very cool.

14. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

Wow, next month can't get here soon enough. I just started watching this show last fall and I am now hooked. Thanks for the spoilers, the episodes are sounding quite good from these.

15. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Hello all! :) I recently started watching Criminal Minds. The last episode was last night and it was the one where Reid (also my favorite character) was held hostage the guy with three different personalities. Can someone tell me which season that is?:) I've been watching it for a few weeks now and I just can't wait to see another episode :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.