Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that was foreshadowing too, but I had a different take on it. I thought it was foreshadowing that something would happen to Hotch and that Morgan would take over his job. I really can't see them getting rid of Morgan.

And if some one does happen to survive the exploding car, then I would maybe it'd be him. Penelope Garcia was shot earlier in the season, so they've already hurt her. Reid was hurt before too when he was kidnapped and pumped full of drugs. JJ's pregnant. Rossi's new.

Oh wait, I just thought of something I forgot earlier. Didn't that lady who is Hotch's boss originally want Prentiss to head the team? Maybe her and Morgan will be vying for the same job if something does happen to Hotch. I could easily see it being Hotch who gets hurt/dies cause he doesn't do much but scowl or mope around about how he doesn't get to see his son much. Plus there was Derek's comment (I think it was him) about how Hotch has to take a personal day just to see his son. That makes me think even further that it'll be Hotch who gets hurt and that way he'll get to see his son a little more (cause surely Haley isn't cold enough not to let the kid visit daddy at the hospital, right?).

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Interesting thought, (I only watched the last 60 seconds so this is based on that) We saw them all get into vehicles we saw them also get split screened, we saw it was dark, and we saw the doors shut, but they spun it so fast we didn't see who was in what car, therefore we also didn't see if anyone had the chance to jump out just as the explosion happened, thereby rendering them severly injured.

I only get this through the logic of illogical tv. Notice how they ALL were doing this at the sametime, not two of them, not three of them... and at one point there are two of them in one car, thereby leaving the who saw what and did you really see it. (A CSI quote actually fits in here)

A Harvard professor conducted an experiment. Asked a bunch of students to watch a basketball game - count the number of times the ball was passed. During the game a person dressed in a gorilla suit ran across the court. Afterward, the professor asked the students if they noticed the gorilla. Fifty percent responded, "what gorilla?"

So then in this case you all are asked to notice all the people getting in the cars, notice the amount of cars, and people per car, then your asked to notice the split screen and at the end your asked whose car was blown up, the question that is really asked in this case might be "what didn't you see?" most would respond we saw it all what was there to see?

Just a thought anyway. :)

3. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I agree with some of you guys' theory and I think it's down to either Hotch or Morgan. Not that this makes me feel any better (I hate to wait! *lol*)... My opinion is the Haley lookalike will die, Hotch will be hurt as collateral damage and Morgan will step in to lead the team for a while, realizing he doesn't really want/he's not ready for the job.

4. GregNickRyanFan

If there were two in one car, I'm guessing that Haley lookalike and Hotch were in the same car and Haley lookalike dies and Hotch is injured. Maybe Hotch got a call from his son or something, so he decides to take it a few steps away from Haley's lookalike. She gets in and starts up the vehicle, it blows up, killing her, but the blast throws Hotch back a few feet and he breaks some bones or something.

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I can see it being Hotch or Morgan too. I also thought that maybe even though they showed them all getting into the same vehicle, who knows if that was actually one of their SUV's that blew up. They could have just made us think that but it could have been someone else completely.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Can we be lucky enough that it would be the Hotch's witchy female boss that blew up? :lol: I wanted to smack her so many times. I know she hasn't been on the show in a while, but...

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I have spoiler about next season, but I don't know how to put it in like everyone else.:confused:

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

^^ I've PMed you. :)

:lol: Oh, D. :lol:

I can't even comment on that because I didn't see the end scene. Arg. I tried looking it up on youtube but it wasn't there. :eek:

I haven't been checking around so I don't know any spoilers for next season. Now I'm getting really curious!

9. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

No one dies in the season opener. Some one is hurt badly, but survives. A producer let that slip. No word on who it is through.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  10. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

mrsjrewing, to use the spoiler code just write:

Code:
    [*SPOILER="Spoiler about CM or however you want to name your spoiler"*]Insert here the content of your spoiler[*/SPOILER*]
    without the asterisks and it should work. :)

11. GregNickRyanFan

I watched the first ep of Criminal Minds last night on A&E. I must say I like Reid's hair better the way it is now (longer), but he still looked cute. The scene where they're on the plane and he's sleeping on the couch and turns to the other side... for some reason I just thought that was cute. :lol: I know, I'm weird. :lol:

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Here is the Youtube last Scene of the season Finale and here is the episode search look for LO-FI Scenes and that will be of this finale.

one question why is this screne streched so much? wow!

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yes I've seen that, thanks! Vera PMed me the link last night. :D

I personally think it's Morgan unless my eyes are playing tricks on me. Just because the frame his car is in and the frame the car blows up in looks the same. But they might just be trying to trick us. :S I guess we'll have to wait.

I'm glad no one will die in the premiere. :)

14. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Ha, I wish! Strauss is evil and needs to die. Too bad it wasn't her. Nice thought though. ;)

As for who gets blown up, my money's on Morgan. It won't be JJ because, like someone already said, what the heck was the point of writing in her pregnancy if she was just going to lose the baby? It won't be Garcia because 1. She already got shot this season and 2. there was a pole next to the car she got into. There was no pole next to the car that blew up. It won't be Prentiss because I've heard from several people who have watched and rewatched the clip that the license plate on her car doesn't match the plate on the car that got blown up. It won't be Rossi because they just added him. It won't be Reid because his car was facing the wrong direction. In fact, the only cars that weren't were Prentiss' and Morgan's, and if we've ruled out Prentiss....well, that only leaves one person.

Plus, I think it would make sense because of the job thing. Morgan gets blown up and that takes him out of the running for Joyner's position because he'll be in no condition to take over. Plus he'll have to deal with, y'know, getting blown up. That way Morgan stays on the show. And also,

I heard, and I don't know how accurate this is, but I've heard that the fake arm they made for the crime scene after the car blows up is black.

I also agree with you guys, it's stupid that a car blows up and nobody dies, but that's TV for you. And I'm kinda grateful it is, because I love all seven of my profilers, and none of them are allowed to leave.

Oh, season four spoilers, where are you?

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks for that. That gives me some hope. :) Plus, they've already had him kindapped and drugged by James Van Der Beek's character. :lol: They need to mess with someone who hasn't been messed with yet. Though anyone is really game cause they could have flipped the film frame to throw us off, but most likely not.

Here's an idea: Maybe Gideon came back especially to help with this investigation and maybe he's the one that got blown up. :lol:

The fake arm could be black from being burned. It may not have anything to do with skin tone. But then again, it could. Maybe Haleys look alike and Hotch got in a car together and maybe Hotch got out for a second and then car blew up and he's gonna get injured, but she dies. I know the spoilers say no one will die, but they probably just mean main cast members. So, anyone else is cannon fodder for lack of a better term.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.