Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

THE BAU TEAM TRAVELS TO MIAMI TO PROFILE A SERIAL KILLER WHOSE SEXUAL IDENTITY PLAYS A KEY ROLE IN HIS CHOICE OF VICTIMS, ON "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30
    Nicholas Brendon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and Michael Graziadei ("The Young and the Restless") Guest Star
    "In Heat" - Hotchner, Rossi and their team travel to Miami to catch a serial killer whose conflicted sexual identity fuels his crime spree. During the trip, J.J. meets up with a former colleague who turns out to be more than a friend, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, April 30 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
    Source: The Futon Critic

So, I guess JJ goes there, meets up with this guy, has sex with him for some weird reason and then a few episodes later we'll see signs of her being pregnant. Like her feeling sick, etc.

That should be interesting. :|

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

BIZZARE:vulcan: this show really comes up with some real off the wall stories, another freak show who decided it was his mission to put people who'd already lost loved ones in a fire, out of their misery, so he killed them. The team was imcredible as always, and this guy attended all those support groups, lord, I don't think I'd go to any of those, I don't want to hear other peoples problems, let alone tell them mine. so at least the last girl was saved from this creep:klingon:

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

"During the trip, J.J. meets up with a former colleague who turns out to be more than a friend"

At least they aren't having her involved with one of the main characters, I know alot of people ship them but going outside that I think is better. Though I am courious as to when she finds out she is with child lol, and how long it takes her to reveal this info, I think if anything she will tell Hotch first not just because he is her boss, but also because he is a friend and a parent.

Okay now to the current ep, I liked this one alot better then last week, it didn't seem cramped and rushed, I also like how Hotch decided to have a talk with his son Jack about the divorce and his sons come back that "its going to be alright". Goodness Rossi was right that sounds like Hotch lol.

Alot of people swear by groups like that, not only are you there with people who don't really judge you but because (depending on the type of group) your there with people who have an idea of what you are going through (where some can only imagine and still not understand), I thought it was a little sad when the cop learned that his brother was indeed not murdered, but rather took his own life.

I have to give this show credit for one thing they are showing the emotions again of those on the BAU, Hotch going from calm keep it all in and be strong to challenging a crazy death row prisoner, Prentiss's mind stubbornly set on her gut feeling and not hiding the emotion of it. All the characters are kept within a normal (if you can call it that) range. Another thing was the fact that how long has Morgan been on the job, and yet he was willing to brush the case off as suicide upfront before he heard anything about them or his teammates thoughts, then and only then later did he fineally give in, I am all for keeping an opening mind but open mind doesn't mean door shut too.

Okay so the only too that haven't really had a personality change is Reid and JJ, so I am waiting for that shoe to drop. Okay thats all I can think of for now since its only 9am and I am only on cup 2 of coffee lol.

4. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

First: great episode again. I'm still trying to get warm with the character Rossi, but I'm getting to it.
    The scene where the mother is playing with/feeding her son and then opened the door for her murder and the day went by, camera still on the baby waiting for the mother to come back - so sad. :(

Agreed, and because of this I found it even more horrifying that this "Angel of Death" used these groups to find his next victims - who they gonna trust now? With whom they wanna talk about their experiences then? :(

Exactly! I thought in the beginning: "Wow, Morgan was real arrogant, listened to the case for only 2 minutes, didn't see any case at all and didn't want to accept other opinions."
    And this wasn't the first time, I remember when Reid got abducted he indirectly blamed JJ for this and didn't change his mind till Reid was found.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Morgan, great character and awesome with Garcia, but s/t I could just give him a head slap. ;)

ETA: forgot to ask: in last weeks episode - what did JJ sing? I didn't get it, the video quality was too bad and now I feel as "dumb" as Reid :p

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  5. seahawk

seahawk Prime Suspect

She sang "Lynch and Garcia sitting in a tree..."
    and Reid totally didn't get the meaning...he just asked her what that song was about

6. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Aaah, now I get it! Thanks so much, in Germany there's a similar song lol
    Great :guffaw:

7. Desertwind

Another chilling serial killer ep. who though nothing of killing anyone who go in his path Owen, and the girls so feaked out by her own expierences and her brute of a dad:klingon: and the team searching and trying to find out where he was, the poor rancher who my no fault of his own got killed, they were staying at his ranch house, and Spencer who was right on target at the end, relating to his early high school expierence, but jeparodized the whole team and everyone else..:scream: got chewed out an almost fired! and the medal that was given to him by the person who had recieved it, and said you give it back to me when you're done" and he goes "How will I know" he said "you'll know" good last line.. so poetic :thumbsup:

8. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Gah, so much to get caught up on.

I'm actually warming to Rossi. I thought that Damaged was a step in the right direction. I really enjoyed the scene where he told Morgan, JJ, and Prentiss the whole story. It showed that he's starting to understand how a team works and that he can't be so independent and be a member of the BAU. ;)

A Higher Power was a little disappointing for me, but that was partly because of foilers. I enjoyed Elephants Memory, particularly the Reid parts. It was nice to see them finally address his drug dependency and some other earlier stuff. And it was SO refreshing and long overdue to see Hotch give him some tough love. It needed to be said and I'm glad he said it.

Unfortunately tonight we've got a repeat, but I'm really looking forward to the next ep. I'm liking the character drama in the ep, with that certain someone coming back (trying to be vague here for those that don't want to be spoiled).

Speaking of spoilers, here are some for 3x18:
    THE CROSSING Morgan, Prentiss, Reid and J.J. attempt to stop a stalker before he gets close to the woman who is the object of his affection. Meanwhile, Hotch and Rossi consult on a murder case to determine if a wife who killed her husband can claim battered-woman syndrome.

9. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

I'm still too lost in my season 2 re-watch to really getting warm with Rossi. Though I never adored Mandy Patinkin he completely rocked playing Jason Gideon. Never thought I'd miss him that much, hm.

Oh, and I just found the promo for Episode "In Heat" - under the cut. :)

10. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

I sorta liked the epi last night but....................really loved the ending & can't wait to see more.

11. Desertwind

Good ep. lots of twists and turns, to think someone would go to all that trouble to stalk and hunt this poor woman down, in another city to boot:eek:creepy, and she wasn't that great, he thought she was, and all the crap she had to divulge with her boyfriend and her abortion:(how she played along with him which saved her life. And the pt.B also weird, the woman was a basket case, from all the years of emotional abuse:confused:

12. cinegirl

cinegirl Coroner

Finally I could watch the episode and it left behind a bad taste in my mouth a bit. It's not only in the US but also in Germany and I guess in nearly every country that the law forbids to intervene in Stalker cases as long as nobody got physically hurt. There's still so much to do, to change.
    The second case - I don't know, it didn't really catch me. The actors did well, but I guess because the writers had to press two cases in one episode the real emotional depth was missing. At least for me.

Now here's the info about the season finale:

When people who seemingly have nothing in common are shot at random in New York City the BAU team is called to investigate whether a single serial killer or a team working together is responsible for the killing spree, on the third season finale of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, May 21, (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)

Source: Criminal Minds Fanatic

13. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Ok what was everyones opinion of last nights show? I thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about. Was glad to see Steven Culp once again. Have missed him. One more ep to go.

14. Desertwind

I was OK, the serial killer who was in a coma, and then started remembering his horrific crimes, and the old story line of mom abandoning him. I think she played the mom in AMC, anyway, and Spencer stopped the dad from gunning him down. It held my interest. I'm beginning to realize. that as much as I like Joe Mantegna, I prefered Mandy Pantikin:thumbsup: that role was perfect for him!

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  15. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Thanks for the info, Vera. :D

I heard someone "on the team" is going to get hurt/shot. I'm not sure if that's a spoiler or a rumor, though. People are saying Det. Lamontagne (spelling?) gets shot but I don't really consider him to be a part of team. :wtf:

Also, in the promo Lamontagne said, "I think I'll ask JJ to marry me". WTF? They've been dating for only a year and were going to split up and now he's proposing?

Can you say shotgun wedding? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.