Cow Thread - Moo Moo Here and Moo Moo There

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Mar 9, 2006.

1. inge

inge CSI Level Two

tease!
    you can't write that you took so many pics and then didn't post them. :D
    kidding. if you have time could you please post one or two pics? :D

What did you do on the fair? Did your familiy sell some cows on the fair?

BTW, we're not spamming or chatting, aren't we? spamming is when we would post every one or two minutes. if noone else is interested, it's not our fault.

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Alrighty, a few pics from the fair. All milkingmoobreeds :p

Finncattle, juniors. Too bad there was only three northern Finncattles (no western or eastern at all)

Three juniors. The one in the left won, so she also became Junior Champion.

Here they are picking the breed champion (Finncattle). The red one had calved 3 or more times, white one 1or 2 times. Photo is missing the Junior Chmapion (seen in the last pic). The white one won the Breed Champion.

little jersey calf really refused to represent herself :lol: Man, everyone was laughing so hard when she was down like that at least 20 times!

Those for now :)

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Thanks for the pics. they're cute.
    someone here is in love with your new icon. ;)

I also have some pics.
    the black rent-bull is here and I couldn't resist.
    bull and baby-moo
    They're so cute together. they lay side by side, they walk side by side. I didn't expect that. I worried about the baby moo. A farmer explained that bulls are more well-behaved when a baby moo is there.
    brown cow and black bull
    for comparison, how big he is. he's two years old and the brown cow is also nearly two years old.
    bull
    look at the horns. :eek

4. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Hey, Scottish Highlanders! Very nice, indeed. Love the babies because they look like such bulldogs when they are at that young age. :)

Great moo oics, Ducky. I still think it's quite odd to have all-white coated cattle in the northern europe, especially in winter! :eek:

5. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Cows are cool! :) I absolutely love them. I remember one cow-moment.. it was so funny;

Me and my friend were walking in the mountains in France, and we had to go through a meadow, where all those cows were grazing. She was so afraid of the cows, that she ran through the meadow, which you should never do ofcourse. And I'm not afraid of them, so I just walked slowly. And all those cows were running after her :lol: she made it through the other side of the meadow, though. But I laughed my arse off. Her feet were full of cow crap. LOL

6. meshellb2001

meshellb2001 Lab Technician

I had a neighbor that had cows and one day when I was watching a friends little girl, she was about 4 or 5, she starting yelling, look at those big doggies, I starting laughing and had to explain those are cows... she lived in downtown Chicago and never seen a cow before. It was soooo funny... :lol:

7. Ducky

Tally, I know. It's better not let them outside in wintertime. We will get one of those in Dec, when our Tiramisu gets a babymoo. Tho the lady itself is ayshire so who knows how black the calf can be. I will take a pic.

City people and cows are funny combination. I wrote an essay at school, it was about "are you technology generation". There I referred how University of Helsinki has Agricultural (and forestry) section and they have cows there. Quite centre, which is good way to teach to kids that milk indeed comes from cows and not from a bottle.
    My title was "Milk comes from cows" and our teacher said she had thought "wtf?" when she saw that first but it made sense quite well :p

8. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

9. Ducky

^Funny :lol:
    But... how can they say what dialect... I mean. Our cows have moos from deep moo (usually older ones) to high scream (such as our Sopraano and Uuttera)

I understand learning to remember, which moo belongs to what cow. I mean, if I hear a moo now, I can tell exactly is it our cow or our neighbour's cow.

So yeah, it's pretty much this "that moo doesn't belong to us"

10. wibble

wibble Corpse

Ah, I was going to post that, but you beat me to it :p

It was funny this morning when I heard it on the news at breakfast, then a little later on, I was listening to a different station and they actually played clips of different cows mooing to make the point :lol:

Err...yeah, as you can imagine, I was so convinced by this news story :p

11. Ducky

Ah, bumping this up again :D

Poola, our best cow... or produces most milk/year.
    Pulumu was our leader cow, but we had to put her away in August.

Ramona and Rypsi are by the watertank. It was hot and that iron tank is cooler. Ramona is no more.

Repekka ,who doesn't have many months to live. Lovely moo.

Then a few pics of Taru, the model of curren Icon Challenge.

Watcha lookin' at?
    MMmmmm...grasss!

Sorry if I've posted some earlier.

12. wibble

wibble Corpse

Aww, your cows are so pretty Ducky :D always look so nice and peaceful :)

13. Lizzy_004

Lizzy_004 Pathologist

I had to post this pic.. It's a cow I saw on my holiday. It was in Italy, near Austria.. I pet it too :) My friend was too scared, but I wasn't and I stroke him between his eyes/ above his nose :D :D He was very sweet (or her, whatever :p )..

14. Ducky

pretty Simmental :D they are usually curious, not evil ;)

15. inge

inge CSI Level Two

thanks for the pics DaWacko and Lizzy!

I'm an official fan of Taru. she's so cute and pretty. I love the first pic of her.

:( why?

I have to say that everyone should be careful with cows.
    they are very sensitive.
    this summer there were some accidents with cows and tourists. cows attacked them. my opinion is that it was the tourists fault. they had dogs and disturbed the cows.

oh, I wanted to take pictures of the black bull. but this stubborn animal only does two things: eating and sleeping. :rolleyes:
    I want to take a picture where he stands. no chance. I'll try again.