Consequences E/C Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by gottaluvcsi, Jan 18, 2009.

1. anamarya

anamarya Witness

Nice chapter.... the torture was surprising, just like Nirvana going to Russia...i want to find out why do they want Eric so badly and i hope that everything is going to be ok

2. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

Twenty-One

Eric walked through Sheremetyevo International airport with a backpack hanging loosely by his side. Horatio carried his duffle. Eric was determined to get Calleigh back no matter what, even if it would kill him. He would rather die than let Sarnoff’s men kill her.

Nirvana was standing a few steps ahead fiddling with a lock of wavy brown hair. She looked up seeing them coming towards her. She instinctively picked up her backpack and headed towards them so she could be standing side by side next to Eric.

“Good flight?” Horatio asked her. She looked over at him as if he’d grown three heads.

“No, I was stuck between two old men who had prostate problems,” her tone was incredibly serious. She must be telling the truth, “That’s the last time I ever sit on the aisle seat,” Horatio couldn’t help but let out a quick chuckle.

Once they stepped out the doors, they were hit with a blast of cold air. Eric couldn’t help but step back a bit. The Cuban CSI had never felt this cold in his entire life. Horatio let a shiver escape from his body. Nirvana didn’t move, she just looked back at Eric and smirked a bit.

“Welcome to Russia,” she stepped forward towards the vehicle taking them to their hotel.

Eric stared at her for a second, “You’ve been here before?” she nodded, “How long ago?”

She looked over at him, “I came here two years ago,” he nodded, “My reasons for not coming back are between me and myself.”

Calleigh’s hands were handcuffed tightly to two wooden posts above her head. Her arms felt heavy and tired. They felt numb. Warm blood ran down her arms from were the handcuffs had cut into her delicate flesh. The blood stained her white shirt. Her damp white shirt.

The sound of a metal door closing caused her head to lift a bit. She wanted to know who was going to attempt in getting her to talk this time was. After Aleksandra, there was Isaak and David. She’d yet needed to know who the first one was.

It was Isaak.

Isaak stood two feet in front of her before she knew it. The aroma of stale bread and soup filled her nostrils. She stared at the bowl he had in his left hand, her stomach grumbled at the sight of it.

“If you talk, you will get this,” he held the piece of bread by her mouth, “Now, tell me where Eric Sharova is,” she looked at him with such venom. She looked as if she was going to say something, then she spit in his face. He yelled out in Russian and brought his leg up and kicked her in the stomach. She felt the urge to fall on her knees, involuntarily doing so, the handcuffs cut even deeper into her skin. She yelled out feeling the warm blood once again running down slightly faster than before towards her elbows.

Her head was down on her chest. He grabbed her hair and yanked her head back, “Never do that again,” he pushed her back making the cuts even more irritated.

“Martin!” he yelled out as he set the bowl down and walked towards the door. The next words Calleigh could not distinguish. They were in Russian. Then she heard heavy footsteps coming closer to her.

The blood once again pounded in her ears and her heart pounded in her chest every second. The man who stood before her was the same guy who she saw before. The one she’d been eager to know the name of.

He pulled a stool up in front of her, “Calleigh,” she didn’t look at him, “I don’t want to kill you,” she didn’t say anything, “I simply want to know where my brother is,” Calleigh looked up and stared at him.

Eric walked through the streets of Moscow. People stared at him; he looked like he did not belong there. The way his hands were stuffed in the pockets of his new jacket and the way his shoulders had been rolled forward. A woman bumped into his shoulder. He turned and faced her. She gave him a death glare, and then her eyebrows softened up.

She turned so she was watching him. Eric observed her. She was extremely beautiful. Her light brown hair was in tight curls framing her heart shaped face. Her eyes were a golden-brown. She looked…delicate.

“Can I help you?” she gave him an innocent look.

Eric stared at her for a second, “Yeah, I’m a little lost,” she smiled at him, “I’m looking for—,” he didn’t have time to finish his sentence when he felt someone grab the back of his jacket and pull him backwards.

The person whirled him around until he was staring right at the face of…Nirvana. She looked angry. Extremely angry. Eric turned and looked at the woman. Her expression matched Nirvana’s exactly. Both showed extreme anger. By any chance did they know each other?

“Stay away from her,” she growled. Eric never thought he’d hear this from Nirvana. It was almost like she wasn’t…well…Nirvana.

Eric turned to look back at the woman. She wasn’t there. Eric raised an eyebrow and looked at Nirvana, “Who is she?”

Nirvana shook her head, “She will kill you,” Nirvana grabbed him by the arm, “She works for Sarnoff.”

At the sound of his name, Eric broke free from her grip with fire in his eyes, “Why didn’t you tell me?” he grabbed Nirvana and slammed her into a nearby car.

He stared at her dark brown orb eyes, “Didn’t seem relevant,” he tightened his grip on her and pulled her from the car and slammed her back down on it, “Did you really want to start a fight right here? This is what Sharova would have wanted,” he furrowed his brow at the sound of his father’s name, “Just—,” he stood his ground, “Do you really want to do this here?”

“Yes.”

Nirvana shook her head, “Eric, let me go.”

“No.”

Nirvana brought her foot up so it was resting on his stomach. She pushed back hard causing him to loosen his grip and stumble back. She fell to her feet quickly grabbing her upper arms. They would bruise in the morning.

He was about to grab her again, but they didn’t have the chance before a voice spoke up, “Eric,” it was Horatio, “Stop,”Eric looked over at him. Eric wanted to argue. How dare Nirvana do that. He would have liked them to take him to Calleigh.

“That woman knows were Calleigh is!” he tried to reason.

“Let’s go back to the hotel, you caused too much commotion,” Horatio put his hand on Eric’s shoulder and led him towards the hotel.

The Eric saw a glint of something out of his peripheral vision.

“H! Mo-,” he couldn’t finish his sentence when he heard a shot ring out. He shut his eyes waiting for the bullet to hit him. He remembered the bullet hitting his thigh. His experience after his shooting.

But no pain came.

A woman’s cry rang through the crowd followed by a figure falling to the ground. Eric watched in horror as blood spread across the pavement leaking onto the white snow. The flashbacks came to him quickly causing him to contort his face in pain. The woman pulled off her glove and put pressure on the wound. Horatio leaned down and put even more pressure making her scream out.

Calleigh found herself lying in the middle of a floor. A table in front of her was overturned. She had Martin standing over her with a bottle of alcohol. So far Martin had a couple of scratches on his face, neck, and arms.

“I will kill you!” Martin grabbed her wrist, putting pressure on the wounds. She yelped. He picked her up and threw her as if she was a rag doll across the small room. She landed awkwardly on her already injured arm. She turned into a fetal position and tried to protect her belly. He grabbed her by the elbow and brought her up to him.

She spit on his face for the fifth time. He shut his eyes and smacked her across the face again. She felt blood run down her cheek, “I warned you!” he uncapped the alcohol and poured it over her cut wrists. It stung. It felt like she was burning. Her whole body felt like flames were consuming it. Her body twisted in pain as she screamed out.

He grabbed her neck holding her in one place, “Tell me!” he poured some more of the liquid on his hands and wiped it across her face. That was the worst feeling that she’d felt since her abduction. The burning filling her whole body, “If you do not I will cut your entire body and pour all of this over it,” she squirmed more out of his grip and screamed an ear piercing scream.

Then he kicked her.

He kicked her in the stomach hard. She felt all the wind come out of her body. She wanted to die. She was at that point. He then leaned down and pressed down where he kicked her, “Where is he?” he demanded.

“My-,” she chocked on the newly formed tears, “My-,” she felt pain erupt from her stomach. It exploded and her body jerked in a painful direction. She arched her back and screamed out again. Her body hit the floor once again causing wounds that were on her back to reopen. She felt them bleed. The blood soaked through her clothes once more and onto the floor.

She felt herself slip into unconsciousness. She felt the life inside her slip away. She looked up at Martin and stared him in the eye. The look she gave him was murderous.

“My baby.”

3. anamarya

anamarya Witness

Well... a chapter full of surprises... Nirvana is not the 1st time in Russia, the guy that is torturing Cal says that is Eric brother and now he knows about the baby...... you keep taking me by surprise... looking forward to the next chapter

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Wow, you surprised me again:thumbsup:.
    Nirvana has been in Russia before and Eric has a brother, well your story is surely full of surprises.:)

5. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Gosh, I didn't read this ff for a while and now that I read 4 or 5 chapters and I want more :D:D:D
    This is awesome!!!
    Can't wait for the next chapters!!

6. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I read this on FF, but I don't care, because this is so good!! :thumbsup: Let Eric find Calleigh soon! :D Hint: UPDATE! :D :D

7. gottaluvcsi

Twenty-Two

The colour red was everywhere. Blood. The rusty smell of blood filled his nostrils making the bile rise in his throat. In front of him was a young woman helplessly looking up at him. She was also bleeding out of the bullet wound that went through her chest and hit her artery. Also causing her left lung to collapse in the process. His hand was covered in the deep crimson colour. Every time he felt himself put more pressure on the wound, she squirmed beneath him.

Then she spasmed.

Her mouth opened and she arched her back. Eric instinctivelycupped the back of her neck, "Nirvana!" he shouted. He felt her slipping through his fingers, "Hang on," her eyes were full of pain, "Stay focused on me," she coughed once then twice. Bloody sputum came out of her mouth running down the side of her face.

The sound of the ambulance filled his ears. He looked up and was about to stand when he felt an arm grab his jacket. Nirvana's face was pale. She looked like she was already nothing but a corpse. Her right hand was bloody. It was staining his jacket. Then her entire body jerked backwards and she once again had a violent spasm that sent her head cracking on the cement behind her head. He saw a blood pool underneath her when she lifted briefly. He shut his eyes hoping to get the image out of his mind.

"You're going to be okay," he watched as her head fell to the side. He looked around frantically for the paramedics, but none came. He looked back down at Nirvana. Nothing. She wasn't breathing. Small snowflakes fell from the sky onto her face and stuck in her hair. Her eyes were slightly open as well as her mouth. Eric placed to fingers next to her neck.

Nothing.

Calleigh felt weightless. She felt as if she was being carried in the strong arms of a man. She took note of the man's arms being warm. The only bit of warmth that she'd felt in hours. Days. She then felt herself being pushed down on a plush bed. This was odd. Then a thick, soft, and warm blanket covered her. Where was she? She didn't feel as if she was still in Martin's clutches.

When she opened her eyes, she noted how sensitive they felt. A headache was bombing inside of her head. She couldn't feel her right arm. She couldn't move it. Squinting, she looked around the room. It was...nice. The nicest room she'd been in in a long time.

"You're awake," her eyes opened quickly as she turned to see Martin standing over her. He had a tray in his arms, "Eat," he placed it down on the night stand next to her. She raised an eyebrow at him. Why was he doing this?

"Why are you doing this?" she stretched out her skinny left arm and picked up a piece of bread from the stray and brought it to her mouth.

Martin folded his arms over his chest and shuffled his feet, "You're pregnant."

She nodded and picked at the crust, "Yes," her breath caught in her throat, "It's Eric's."

He nodded, "My brother's," she nodded at him, "I could have killed my nephew," he sat on the edge of the bed. Worry washed over Calleigh's entire body. She didn't want this man anywhere near her, "A doctor is coming in soon."

"Why are you doing this?" she repeated her question.

He looked down at her, "Because a child is innocent," she couldn't believe this, "Sarnoff would have killed you anyway, I'm not like Sarnoff," she moved herself backwards slightly, "I had direct orders to kill my brother because he's one of you," his words were dripping with hate, "I will not kill an innocent child," he got up abruptly and moved out of the room. Slamming the door in the process.

Calleigh felt her heart stop when the door had been slammed. Within seconds, she found herself finishing that piece of bread before reached over and picking up the...omelet? She didn't question Martin's logic.

She didn't want to.
    Eric watched the rusty colour wash down the sink in the men's room. Horatio had told him it'd be best if he would clean himself up while they were waiting on Nirvana's stats. She wasn't doing well at all. She was O negative. This hospital just used up their last bit of it. Not to mention there was serious damage done to her heart.

It would be a miracle if she were to live.

"You okay?" he heard Horatio's voice from the doorway. Eric turned and looked at him.

"I will be when Calleigh's safe," he quickly brushed past his brother-in-law. Horatio knew what if felt like when you thought you were about to lose someone. In every part of his being, he wanted to prevent it. Eric deserved better than what he was getting. He was a good man. Calleigh was a good woman. They both deserved peace.

But Horatio didn't know much about Nirvana McAlister.

Calleigh shot up in pain and wrapped her arms around her stomach. She screamed out and felt everything slip away from her. Pain washed over her entire body. Shooting up her spine and back down. She felt the pain become unbearable.

She couldn't breathe.

Calleigh tried to get out of the bed, but her legs buckled beneath her. She tried to catch herself on the end table, but her broken right arm gave way under it. She collapsed on the ground and screamed once more.

Aleksandra and Martin came running in the room. Martin yelled at Aleksandra in Russian. He gave her orders. She hesitated and looked at Calleigh with such distaste. Calleigh knew she looked pathetic. Her left arm was wrapped around her midsection, in hopes to calm her child.

It wasn't working.

The small life inside her was slipping from her grasp.

"Eric...

I'm so sorry..."

I've had problems with updating this part for some reason. Also, life got in the way.

8. anamarya

anamarya Witness

i really-really hope that she's not loosing the baby and that Nirvana's going to live.

again, a good chapter...thanks for updating...

p.s. we all know about life getting in the way, so don't worry....

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

That was great, but please don't kill the baby.

10. gottaluvcsi

Twenty-Three

Eric sat by Nirvana’s side. Her stats showed no progress. They had no type O blood. Horatio was only type AB. Eric didn’t know his. He’d never given blood before nor had he asked for his blood type. He hated needles. It was worth a shot.

The nurse came in with a syringe. He rolled his sleeve him and cringed when it was inserted into his arm. His stomach churned at the thought of some of his blood being drained out of his arm and into a tube. The nurse smiled at him when she pulled the syringe out and unwrapped the tourniquet from his arm. He nodded at her as she placed a cotton ball over his arm and placed a band-aid over it. He muttered a quick thanks as she left the room.

He looked down at his arm. It was now stiff. Sighing he got up and turned and took one last look at the sleeping woman in the bed. He then proceeded into the hallway where Horatio was standing. Horatio was on the phone. He heard Ryan’s voice from where he was standing. Horatio was telling him about ‘Detective McAlister’.

Horatio turned and looked at Eric when his conversation was cut short when Ryan had a call out to a new murder vic in Coral Gables. Horatio’s face showed nothing but concern for Eric. Eric has been living on plain black coffee and food from a vending machine.

The past few hours have been torture.

“She’s going to be okay, Eric,” truth to be told, Eric didn’t know if he could believe him. Eric being a match to Nirvana would be a long shot. He knew Wolfe was Type O. That’s the only person he knew who had it.

He sent a silent prayer to God to send Calleigh and their child back to them

And to keep Nirvana alive.

Calleigh heard voices around her. Russian voices. She was currently wrapped in the warm blanket on the plush-like bed. Her hair had been fanned out on the pillow and a warm towel was being brushed across her face. Martin was doing it.

The voice belonged to him as well. He was singing in Russian.

The other voice was Aleksandra no doubt talking to the doctor.

Calleigh could tell anyone she knew her arm was broken. A couple ribs too. She could also tell them that the chances of her baby making it were slim. She knew her tenth-week-old unborn child was gone. She didn’t need a doctor to tell her that.

She felt its little body fade away.

Calleigh closed her eyes and focused on the song that calmed her. She was sure that was the purpose. She heard the water being sloshed around from the bowl it was in then it being rung out before it was being moved around on her clammy forehead once more. She didn’t want this to be real. She wanted to be in Miami.

With Eric.

She didn’t like this feeling.

The feeling of not being able to get out of this. She was currently immobile. Everything hurt in her body. If she were to move, her whole body would scream. She would scream. The sight of Martin could get her to scream. Even though he was helping her.

His brown eyes looked kind every time she started into them.

They were Eric’s.

Then the thought came back to her.

Eric’s baby was gone.

A small life that was so delicately being pieced together within her destroyed.

It was a blur

Eric paced the corridors of the hospital. Six hours ago he gave his blood to the doctors. He knew he’d get the results soon. He waited for a nurse to walk in with a file in her hand showing the results.

Eric couldn’t wait any longer. He walked by Horatio and asked him to speak to the whichever nurse was looking for him. Horatio was after all, Nirvana’s medical proxy at the moment. This was Eric’s chance to go down to the cafeteria and get some real food. He wanted to get his mind off of things. Everything has been hitting him at once.

He wanted to sit back and remember what it was like when Speed was still alive.

The cheerfulness in Calleigh’s laugh. Her smile. The way her eyes glowed when Speed would say something funny or amusing usually directed at him. That always seemed to get her going. When she tried to be the more serious one of the group, Speed always seemed to change that. Much to her dismay.

He laughed for the first time.

In the cafeteria he didn’t pick up much. Just a container of cereal and some milk. When he paid for his food, he turned and saw that every table was taken. He sighed and headed over to this one table with one person. A young man, probably about twenty-seven, no older than Ryan, sat there with his head in his hands.

Eric spoke to him in Russian.

They soon engaged in a conversation.

The man seemed troubled. He’d seen something he wished he didn’t. The man couldn’t tell Eric what it was or they would kill him. Eric knew who they were. The mob that took Calleigh. Since he was a doctor, Calleigh must have either done something to hurt one of them, or they just didn’t want her to die just yet. Eric threw down his food and placed his hands on either side of the table. He quickly got up and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket and pulled out a picture of Calleigh and him back in summer 2004. Her vibrant smile could make anyone smile back.

He handed the picture to the man. The man’s eyes got big then he shook his head.

What a convincing liar.

“No, I don’t know her,” the man spoke English.

Eric leaned forward, “Where is she,” he spoke in a quiet voice. His voice did not quiver.

“I don’t know her,” the man was full of crap.

Eric knew that getting violent with this man was a bad idea. Police would get involved and the mob would find out that Eric hurt this man.

“Tell me.”

The man shook his head.

Eric had it.

Eric grabbed his arm and twisted it behind the man’s back and leaned down by his ear, “I’ll break your arm,” he twisted it further, “If you do not tell me where Calleigh Duquesne is.”

All eyes were on Eric Delko

Horatio got up when he saw a woman enter through the elevator. She looked around with her hands on her hips. A piece of paper was in her left hand. Horatio knew what it was almost immediately. He didn’t have the time to think of his possible situations if it wasn’t this woman.

“Ma’am,” was the first thing he asked her when he approached her, “Are those Eric Delko’s?” she nodded, “I’m his brother-in-law,” the woman eyed him.

He was family.

She handed him the blood results. Both his and Niravna’s. Horatio’s eye widened and his eyebrows went up. This wasn’t right.

“Is this correct?”

The woman nodded, “Yes,” she turned and left the room. Horatio took the papers and folded them and placed them in his jacket.

Then a security guard rushed past him.

Horatio followed him. Either it was the Russian mob…

Or Eric did something that could provoke security to be called into action.

Calleigh woke up when someone moved through the doors. She turned her head slightly to see Aleksandra walk through the doors with a tray in her hands. Her face was full of disgust when she saw Calleigh. She obviously didn’t like her.

“Morning,” she mumbled as she sat the tray down.

“Why are you doing this?”

The woman stopped and looked at Calleigh. She hadn’t spoken since the doctor monitored her for a few minutes. The woman’s eyes narrowed, “Eric Sharova is law enforcement,” Calleigh reached with her left hand to pick up the water, “So was his sister before I killed her,” Calleigh nearly choked, “When I killed her mother, she didn’t object too much before I placed one between her eyes,” Aleksandra leaned closer to Calleigh, “I had fun.”

“Her name was Lila Sharova…

…Martin didn’t like it too much…

…you know, killing his little sister and everything…

…Alexander Sharova thought of her as his perfect…

…beautiful…

…smart…

…daughter…

…and I killed her.”

Due to some technical difficulties I'm having with FF.Net, this story is gonna be posted regularly on this site before the other whenever another part is ready.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  11. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

That was so good!! :) I loved it! It's sad though...:) :thumbsup:

12. anamarya

anamarya Witness

Nirvana and Eric are related?? waw,that's a turn in the story....

but i'm sad

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

This story is getting better and better with every following chapter. You really have an amazing imagination. :thumbsup:
    I can't wait for more.:)

14. gottaluvcsi

Twenty-Four

Calleigh was sleeping peacefully. The quiet room felt nice. Soothing. She was bundled tightly in the warm blanket. Her only form of comfort. Martin had come back with sandwich. It was good.

Martin Sharova wasn’t evil.

But he wasn’t a delight either.

She sighed and used her left hand to pull the blanket even more over her petite frame. The velvet comforter felt so delicate underneath her fingertips. She shuddered. The velvet felt cold. It gave her a bad feeling. Something was telling her that things were going to change. That she wouldn’t be treated like this much longer. They still wanted Eric. She knew how this would work. They will treat her like before.

The door hitting the wall behind it jolted her up. Her ribs screamed at her in protest. She yelped and used her left arm to wrap around her sides. Aleksandra stood before her. The woman had nothing but a murderous look in her eyes. This wasn’t good. Aleksandra quickly moved over to her, “Get up!” her words were harsh. Calleigh didn’t have time to breathe before she felt Aleksandra grab her bad arm and pull her out of the bed.

She was strong.

Calleigh looked up and saw Isaak walking through the doors. He was nothing but an obedient man afraid to get killed. The woman tightened her grip around Calleigh and moved her towards the door, “Tie her!” she yelled at Isaak. Calleigh noticed the rope in his hands. Speaking English to another mob member was uncommon for Aleksandra.

She screamed when Isaak grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back, “Wait!” Calleigh turned a bit to see Aleksandra with a sickening smirk on her face, “Removed the bandages and get some alcohol,” Calleigh raise her eyebrows, but then felt the bandages covering her small wrists being torn off by Isaak. She knew what they were going to do.

“Where’s Martin?” Calleigh took note of the quiver in her voice.

Aleksandra smirked, “You’ll see him soon,” she uncapped the bottle and poured it over the cuts. Calleigh cried out. Then Aleksandra placed her hands on the cuts and squeezed them, pushing the alcohol deeper into them.

Calleigh wanted to kill her.

Eric sat beside Nirvana’s bedside quietly. He was instructed to not move around because of the possible chance of being lightheaded. Nirvana was currently getting his blood. He watched the bag. The thought of his blood in there made his stomach churn. The way the blood slightly stained the once clear bag was sickening. Not to mention the amount of blood was in that bag versus the amount that already went into Nirvana’s body.

Oh, and he was nearly arrested.

Luckily Horatio came and helped him. He shouldn’t have done that; he lost precious time, which he did not have, by trying to get things settled with the government. Nirvana’s odds were increasing with every hour. That was the only good news he’d received in the past eight hours.

No sign of Calleigh anywhere.

“How is she?” Eric looked up at Horatio. Horatio was holding two large cups of coffee and had recently taken off his jacket.

Eric nodded, “She’s getting better,” he looked down at her small hand, “She has a good shot now,” Horatio smiled.

“Detective McAlister is a fighter, Eric, don’t forget that,” Eric wished he was saying that about Calleigh. Truth to be told, Calleigh was a fighter and she wouldn’t go down without a fight.

The real question was, how long could Calleigh stay with them before the finally decide to pull the trigger?

Then everything he lives for will be gone. Three lives in the hands of criminals. Criminals who will not back down from a fight and that will never betray their mafia. That’s what made the Russian mob so frightening. They’re unpredictable and the scariest.

They’re trained to kill.

Born to kill.

“She’ll pull through,” Eric took one last glance at Nirvana before he got up, “I’m going for a walk,” he pulled on his jacket then took one of the cups from Horatio’s hands, “I’ll be back.”

Calleigh cried out when she felt herself being pushed onto the cold stone floor. She didn’t have the chance to break her fall. Both hands were bound behind her back. She yelped when her left elbow hit the concrete. She quickly rolled on her back and looked straight at Aleksandra, who was smirking in front of her.

Then everything was dark.

She heard nothing but her own breathing and the beat of her heart in her chest. Then she heard a groan. Why would someone even be down here? Calleigh walked over to the noise on her knees. She wished she could outstretch her hands to feel for whoever was possibly in front of her.

“Calleigh?” a thick Russian accent was the source of the groans.

Martin.

Aleksandra had gotten to Martin and beat him. The closer she got, the more her stomach churned. Martin had bruises covering his entire face. Cuts marking around his face, neck, and torso.

Aleksandra also branded him like he was some sort of cattle.

Rage coursed through Calleigh’s veins. How dare she treat a human being like this! Martin wasn’t bad. He just didn’t know better. When he started trying to save her and her baby, Aleksandra steps up and decides to do the job. A job that she’d probably do well.

“I’m here,” Calleigh wished she could grasp his hand and tell him it’ll be okay. That he’ll be fine, “You’re gonna be okay.”

He shook his head, “No I—,” his voice hitched in his throat, “Not,” he finished. Tears were blurring his vision.

Calleigh backed away slightly. She watched Martin’s chest rise and fall. She listened to the breathing until it stopped. Everything stopped. Even time.

“Martin?” she got nothing.

She moved closer, “Martin?” her voice became more worried and nervous, “Martin!” she used her good shoulder and bumped him slightly, “Oh god, Martin,” tears were streaming down her face.

She looked up from the ground to the lifeless corpse.

“She’ll be stopped…”

Eric hurried down the cold streets. The young doctor slipped a piece of paper. An address. A chance to where Calleigh might be. A chance meaning she could still be alive.

He couldn’t get any more details out of the doctor. Sarnoff’s men could be watching from anywhere. They could lip read, and if they could lip read, they’d know what he and Eric shared in the cafeteria.

He quickly turned down an alley, slipping slightly on the snow, before he stood up quickly and continued. He saw a couple of large men. He wondered why the police have not done anything about the mob. Did they scare the police?

The man by a door started going towards Eric. His fists were wrapped. He was a fighter. Eric didn’t show any fear towards the man. He kept on moving. Eric was ready.

He was ready to meet death again…

…if it meant she would live…

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

You know your story has a lot of twists. I really admire your cleverness, you're a great writer. :thumbsup:
    As always very interesting chapter.