cold case

WHOA, 1938.. the Orson Wells broadcast, I've heard about that, people, ran amok.. a horrifying event on radio,in that day and age! and the poor wife, so obedient :( she was pretty and the nasty husband [who couldn't get his act together] and the sad little boy, so confused so she [the wife] went to that dance hall, to get money, and was enamored by someone who paid her some real attention, and Ralph Waite, geez he's really old, so it was always him, one never knows till the very end, and I cried as ususal, when they danced in his mind, and Lily smiling.. and her co-worker finally got the courage to tell that nurse he loved her, and she I guess felt the same, showing up at his work place YIPEE, a happy ending ;)

This case was so horrible the girl who looked like a boy, but was a girl, just wanting to do her own thing. and in the 60's that was so verboten. So her dad, thinking it was the right thing to do, but her in a mental facility, and they gave her those elctromagnetics on her brain, which made her zombie like, and her real friend who she was sweet on, took her out of her misery.. thank goodness things have changed now, it was so sad :(and our wonderful Boss is thinking of permanetly leaving.. that sucks.. hope he changes his mind.. he's great!

desertwind, I completly agree. It was really sad especially when her dad left her there screaming. I guess I can't judge though, the times were different.

Does anyone know if this case was loosely based on anything?

Wow David Selby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was soooooooooo happy to see him again. Hated that he ended up being the bad guy though. LOL Ep was really good. Hated that the Boss was made to take the suspension though. Hope he's not leaving the show?

It was sad, but then what else is knew with this show? :lol:

I love Stillman. Obviously I don't want him to go, but it was nice to see how much he cares about his team and doesn't want to see them split up.

The old story of Mr. top jock and popular handsome guy in high school, but was a snake, and thought he could have every girl, and did, and because he wanted sex with them, and they didn't, he thought they did, and it was rape, and them all getting together, to make him admit his nasty behavior, and apologize, and he wouldn't till they threatned to kill him and what a sniviling little coward, he really was, his actions were all a facade, but in the end, they couldn't do it, till the one girls little brother, could, and did, but how the team let it go as an accidnet or self defense ;) and the boss, seemily enjoying his life on his boat, and doesn't really want to come back, and how they all called the other team member 'boss' and he was embarassed and told them to knock it off :D good ep. as always!

I absolutely love Tracie Thoms but I've never really given this show too much of a chance, because I don't want to be one of those girls that just watches the show because my favoirte actess is in it.

Then again... I did watch this one really great episode on the net a while ago... and it was good.

Anyway... I guess I'm asking if I should try watching the series. Should I pick up where it is now, or try to watch it from the beginning in order?

When does Tracie come in?

You should watch it! Its really good and Tracie is really good in it. They have a lot of friendly banter, her especially, so its even better.

I dont really remember where she came in, I think last season maybe?

You could just pick up where it is now but you might be a little lost. There are some major things that happened to Lily that still carry into the newer episodes. So you might be confused. Also things about their boss and Scotty might be confusing too. But it doesnt matter that much, just watch it! :lol:

The most recently aired new episode was "Justice" (season 5 episode 10). Tracie Thoms came in on "Honor" (s 3 ep 8 ).

This week's episode was great. :D I was glad to see Justin Hartley making an appearance on TV again. I loved him as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in Smallville! Kind of refreshing to see him as the jerk, and I think he did a pretty nice job. He was believable as the charming guy with an ugly side.

Did anyone notice that the real killer, the younger brother of one of the victims, was played by Brian Poth (Tyler the AV tech in Miami) as a grown-up? I miss Tyler on Miami! :( Whatever happened to him?

Do you think that Lt. Stillman will really retire? I haven't heard anything about the actor John Finn leaving the show though. But then again, I hardly hear any news about Cold Case, so it's also possible that he may be leaving, we just don't know it. :( But it was kind of funny to see Jeffries as the stand-in boss, and the rest of the team jokingly addressing him as "boss" every single chance they get. :)

As much as we dont want him to leave, it looks like he is. After Jeffries talked to him, he went back to the office and moved his stuff into Stillman's old office. I guess it could just be temporarily, I hope it is.

I loved this episode. My new favourite of this season.

First, that took guts: doing an episode where they let the killer get away...I know most people (including me) saw that Mike was a scumbag and nobody deserves to go to prison for killing him, but there's still always one person that is totally "murder is murder", so it's still gutsy. Second, I loved how they blended the two stories: the case and the Lilly drama. Instead of having a balance, separate scenes (like they've been known to do in the past), they incorporated them together, like when Lilly was trying to get Tessie to cave by talking about how the nightmares won't go away unless she talks about it...

The only problem I had was how obvious it was Jimmy did it. I knew right from his first scene, but other than that, it was good. I absolutely adored the teasing of Jefferies (that 'Lieutenant' sign: too cute!). It's nice to see the fun side of the team every once in a while.

He is returning to his job in episode 12, Sabotage. So only one more week without him. But before he does come back, he's going to consider retiring, and Lilly is going to beg him not to. Apparently it works.

READERS JEER FROM THE NOVEMBER 4th EPISODE

The murder takes place 69 years ago in 1938. All of the major characters, are at best in their early 30's, which would make them over 100 today. Miraculously, they all are still alive and played by actors in their 70's and 80's like Pa Walton [Ralph Waite] and "Seinfeld's" uncle Leo [Len Lesser] & remember eveything.. I'm sure!! I thought that too, but if in fact they were in their 20's this could be realistic..maybe :confused:

reader..San Francisco

Good ep. but once again, the ages didn't fit, it was 1942 and the horror of putting American-Japanese in 'camps' during WW2! unbelieveable, but the subjects involved were 25 then, which would make them like 85, or so, and the people were about 50 in their looks, not as old as they should have been..anyway, how sad :( the best friend a white American killed the dad, who thought his son [who was killed in the war] should have recieved a medal, and he should have..shoving him down the stairs he and the war had changed his thinking so bad, that he called him the name he had earlier defended! it was so humilating and so prejudiced doing that do these people who were born here, and just because of their heritage, were confined like war criminals :mad: and the old mother and daughter and the other friend who were also imprisioned finally had some resolution, because they didn't know who had done this, and YIPEE, the boss was back briefly anyway ;)due to Lily accidently on purpose, left those papers at the bar, so he'd bring them back..We'll see if his stay is permanent! he's so cool ;)

Back