Close to Home

i would say this is the worst season for television season finales and series finale because from the ones i watch ONLY one has had a good ending

I love this show & am soooooooo glad it's coming back for another season. Hate the way it ended with Jacks death but, knew it was coming from previews. Can't wait to see how it pans out next season.

i never saw the previews for it. i just finished watching it since my friend taped it i cried. omg the endingn was sad

Haylie said:
i know me too megan. like i stated the only show i watch or know havent seen but know the spoilers about the only show so far that has a happening ending is without a trace
They had the shooting cliff-hanger last year.

Dynamo1 said:
Haylie said:
i know me too megan. like i stated the only show i watch or know havent seen but know the spoilers about the only show so far that has a happening ending is without a trace
They had the shooting cliff-hanger last year.

yea i know this year they didnt. oh i hope next season they give annebeth a drunk driver case i want to see her revenge emotions take control even if it is not the drunk driver that killed her husband

omigod i LOVE show sooo much i mean not as much as csi but still! and last weeks episode what was with the sudden death talk about depressing. the thing is though when she was in the hospital crying over her husband it was horible acting and eww i think he was dead!!!...ewwwwww

IF we are to believe "Ask Ausiello" then the following question and answer tells us some of why they killed off her husband and what we should expect.

"Question: Is Annabeth's husband dead on Close to Home?

Ausiello: 'Fraid so. It's part of a larger revamp the show is undergoing during the hiatus. Spearheading the shake-up is former Law & Order exec producer Eric Overmeyer, who has been brought in as the new show runner.

I hear he's planning to introduce several new (and, surprise, youngish!) cast members, including a hot male colleague for Annabeth. Also, according to a source, there will be an attempt to get away from the small-town-type crimes.

"The idea of watching the types of crimes that could happen 'next door' didn't seem to appeal to viewers," says my Eye spy. Short-story-shorter: Everything that made Close to Home unique will vanish, and now it'll become like every other crime procedural on TV. Hooray!!"

If they take the "Close to home" premise from the show, I have a feeling its going to go down the drain, Its one of the reasons I watched the show, I will try to watch it next season but if its over done and they didn't keep it "Close to home" then I may not continue to watch it.

sandleissocute said:
omigod i LOVE show sooo much i mean not as much as csi but still! and last weeks episode what was with the sudden death talk about depressing. the thing is though when she was in the hospital crying over her husband it was horible acting and eww i think he was dead!!!...ewwwwww

horrible acting.?? she won her emmys for that *horrible* acting. as people basically cry and yell in soaps.

Destiny said:
IF we are to believe "Ask Ausiello" then the following question and answer tells us some of why they killed off her husband and what we should expect.

"Question: Is Annabeth's husband dead on Close to Home?

Ausiello: 'Fraid so. It's part of a larger revamp the show is undergoing during the hiatus. Spearheading the shake-up is former Law & Order exec producer Eric Overmeyer, who has been brought in as the new show runner.

I hear he's planning to introduce several new (and, surprise, youngish!) cast members, including a hot male colleague for Annabeth. Also, according to a source, there will be an attempt to get away from the small-town-type crimes.

"The idea of watching the types of crimes that could happen 'next door' didn't seem to appeal to viewers," says my Eye spy. Short-story-shorter: Everything that made Close to Home unique will vanish, and now it'll become like every other crime procedural on TV. Hooray!!"

If they take the "Close to home" premise from the show, I have a feeling its going to go down the drain, Its one of the reasons I watched the show, I will try to watch it next season but if its over done and they didn't keep it "Close to home" then I may not continue to watch it.

HMM well, guess my days of watching CTH may be numbered also. :( Why must they always have to mess with a good thing? :mad: Sometimes I think these people don't know what they're doing. :lol: Oh well, I'll give it a few eps to see then after that...............if it's not like it was goodbye to CTH for me. :(

Heads up on New Cast Member.. I am posting this in both threads so there is no confusion.

Source: Tvguide.

JAG Hunk Finds a New Home
Many have e-mailed me over the year asking, "Regis, what happened to David James Elliott?" Now I have an answer: According to the Hollywood Reporter, the former JAG frontman has joined CBS' Close to Home as a series regular for the legal drama's second season, playing an ambitious and charming D.A. alongside (subtlety alert!) Jennifer Finnigan's newly widowed Annabeth Chase. May I now return to my own Catherine Bell Watch?

You're welcome, here is some more about it.

Source: Zap2it.com .. <snip>

LOS ANGELES -- Ex-"JAG" star David James Elliott is making his way back to CBS, landing in the very same timeslot where he was last seen.

The actor is joining the cast of the legal drama "Close to Home," which begins its second season in the fall. He'll play a New York prosecutor who moves to suburban Indianapolis to work with Annabeth Chase (Jennifer Finnigan) and Maureen Scofield (Kimberly Elise), according to The Hollywood Reporter.

He is in effect replacing John Carroll Lynch, who played DA Steve Sharpe last season but is leaving the show. Christian Kane, whose character died in the season finale, is gone as well.

Back