Close to Home

Why did they kill Christian Kane off? Did he want to leave the show? I love DJE and am glad he's showed up again. Can't wait for S2 to start now.

Well according to his website KANE they were on a music tour, probably wants to concentrate on that. Not to mention so little air time that he did get, it was probably not worth for him, compared to doing movies and music.

You're welcome, and :lol: aww thats nice to hear welcome to our own little world we call ohio, its not like the other world its separate, and amusing. :D

From the The futon critic Season 2, new ep.
Annabeth and the new team in the D.A.'s office investigate the multiple homicide of a family. Under pressure from her new boss, James Conlon (Elliott), to swiftly bring the killers to justice, Annabeth must employ new tactics to draw out a confession. Meanwhile, Annabeth tries to smooth over the animosities between Ed Williams (Williams), a tough no-nonsense cop, and Ray Blackwell (Seda), Conlon's right hand man from New York, two new detectives assigned to work in the D.A.'s office.

This is all I will add out of the spoiler tag.
David James Elliott ("JAG") Joins the Cast as ADA James Conlon, Annabeth and Maureen's New Boss.

Cress Williams ("Grey's Anatomy") and Jon Seda ("Ghost Whisperer") Join the Cast as New Detectives Assigned to Work in the D.A.'s Office

LOVE THE SHOW AND OMG HOW CAN THEY KILL OF CHRISTIAN KANES CHARACTER HE WAS 100% SEXY FOR GODS SAKE. WOULD LOVE TO SEE HOW SHE HANDLES LIVE AS A SINGLE PARENT. BUT KNOWING THE UK'S LUCK I WONT GET TO SEE SERIES TWO TIL EARLY 2007 LIKE ALL THE OTHER SHOWS LIKE CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI ETC

gregsandersluver, please don't type a whole post in capital letters. It can be considered as yelling. It really doesn't look good nor does 'net speak' (which I've noticed in other posts). It's hard for other posters to understand it. Thank you. :)

Christian Kane, wanted more of a role, not to mention he has a band and they are touring at points, it could be he decided he wanted to go back to his music and guest starring, not to mention if he wanted to try his own show.

My guess is that by killing him off he didn't have to worry about being asked back, or the fans wondering, not to mention the fact that they have made it so they are a great couple and divorce just didn't fit.

DJE did an interview in TVGuide JAG Star Reveals Why He's Come Home

As far as I can tell there are no spoilers in the interview. But he did make a comment on the reason for the change of cast and the killing of Christian Kane's character.

TVGuide.com: Fans are a little concerned that they've changed a lot of the things that were unique to Close to Home, by killing off the husband, bringing in new characters...

Elliott: Well, they needed to. From what I understand, the show was almost canceled, so they changed it to give it more of an ensemble feel. They brought in me as well as Jon Seda and Cress Williams, who'll be doing most of the police work. Last year, I believe, they had lawyers running in with guns, which was completely unrealistic. And they have a new headwriter, Eric Overmeyer (Law & Order), who's a very talented guy. I think it's a much better show all around, with the changes they have made.

On a romance between characters:
TVGuide.com: Will the show be playing some sparks, ultimately, between Conlon and Annabeth?

Elliott: I don't know about that. You're going to have to ask them. So far, nothing. It's tender ground, since her husband was killed in the [season finale], so they probably don't want somebody jumping right in there immediately. Audiences tend to be sensitive to those kinds of things.

At least they aren't jumping the shark and tossing a new relationship in there.

Excellent episode, as much as I would have loved to see them finish off the Annabeth & Jack relationship I like that they came back 3 months later, and yet they didn't do it so it looked like "Gee over it already".

As much as I loved the previous way they did things and the cast, this didn't seem to be to bad, DJE did great as the big fish little pond problematic attitude lol. I think he will do great on the show.

I am glad they kept at least two of the orginial characters of the show, I would have been upset if it was just annabeth. But again at least it kept close to the orginial way the show was set up, the way they talked before they were going to revamp it all.

Thanks for the heads up Destiny. Haven't been able to see it yet, am having to tape it also. LOL. Am looking forward to it now. Was wondering if they'd kept the one guy that was the boss last season and the lady. Guess, I'll find out heh? LOL

Back