Character Development/Screentime Discussion

Kim Kardashian also gets applause during talk shows, yet I'm pretty sure most everyone hates her. Clapping during talk shows happens no matter who the guest is. I was at the Craig Ferguson last October (the show Marg was on) and no matter who the guest was, they all got a decent applause. If we're really going to judge a celebrity's star power by applause then by God humanity is fucked.

Quick off topic comment. I would kill to attend Ferguson's show. :lol:

Sometimes actors lie about there feelings so as not to create bad blood with there colleagues, but Marg, George, Eric and Paul, especially mustn't of been very happy when Fishburne walked in, and got the most screen-time, more development than they had in the first 6 years of the show and the "starring" credit. I can't believe that they were all happy about that.

All I know is that I rely on a paycheck, just like the cast of CSI. I can't see any of them being asked to return if they began antagonizing tptb by expressing opinions that were unpopular. In my own job I'm not great friends with the entire staff, BUT I know enough to keep my mouth shut and do my job. "How do you like your job and co-workers, Ms. Summer?" " Great. The entire staff is like one big family!" (Not!)

At this point I'm glad that they are all 'towing' the company line. It's that work ethic that keeps CSI on every Thursday night.

Kim Kardashian also gets applause during talk shows, yet I'm pretty sure most everyone hates her. Clapping during talk shows happens no matter who the guest is. I was at the Craig Ferguson last October (the show Marg was on) and no matter who the guest was, they all got a decent applause. If we're really going to judge a celebrity's star power by applause then by God humanity is fucked.

Quick off topic comment. I would kill to attend Ferguson's show. :lol:

Quick off topic reply ;): it's fun. And dirty!

Such doubt, I also just saw him on "The Talk" [the women on ther drove me nuts] except Julie Chen & Holly Pete, and he was a guest, and the audience cheered him when he walked out, so is everybody phony? He talked about how fans loved Billy, but "that everything was harmonious on CSI". So he's phony too. And while he was at "The House of Blues" before he started filming a lady rushed up to him and asks "will you please save the lab" everyone laughed:lol: I have seen almost all the cast on talk shows and they all seemed to be authentic, and genuine on their praise of him. So are they all phony too? here's an interview with George, "he was one of my acting heroes" and you can read what he says~

GEORGE AND A Q & A

The point people are making isn't that everyone hates Ray except you. The point is that not everyone likes him just because you and some people you know like him. And the talk shows and the other actors are talking about LF and NOT RAY! You say you understand the difference between character and actor, but this post proves that you don't. No one is questioning LF's talent. It's about Ray as a character and not everyone likes him and you can't seem to handle that.

Sometimes actors lie about there feelings so as not to create bad blood with there colleagues, but Marg, George, Eric and Paul, especially mustn't of been very happy when Fishburne walked in, and got the most screen-time, more development than they had in the first 6 years of the show and the "starring" credit. I can't believe that they were all happy about that.

All I know is that I rely on a paycheck, just like the cast of CSI. I can't see any of them being asked to return if they began antagonizing tptb by expressing opinions that were unpopular. In my own job I'm not great friends with the entire staff, BUT I know enough to keep my mouth shut and do my job. "How do you like your job and co-workers, Ms. Summer?" " Great. The entire staff is like one big family!" (Not!)

At this point I'm glad that they are all 'towing' the company line. It's that work ethic that keeps CSI on every Thursday night.

Exactly what I've been trying to say. Good points.

Gosh thank you for telling me the difference between the actor and the character, DUH, I just didn't get that till you put it in perspective:rolleyes:I AM TALKING ABOUT THE CHARACTER, I actually hope he [LF] gosh is there a difference I just can't dicipher this, sorry I'm not in my right mind, please be more understanding [LOL:guffaw: Nate Haskell] does leave the show LF that so he can go back to his roots the theater and big screen and not be on a show that supresses his talents la-la-la-la-la. I'm so confused now help me please [Natalie Davis], humor comes to mind as this is hilarious :lol:

Gosh thank you for telling me the difference between the actor and the character, DUH, I just didn't get that till you put it in perspective:rolleyes:I AM TALKING ABOUT THE CHARACTER, I actually hope he [LF] gosh is there a difference I just can't dicipher this, sorry I'm not in my right mind, please be more understanding [LOL:guffaw: Nate Haskell] does leave the show LF that so he can go back to his roots the theater and big screen and not be on a show that supresses his talents la-la-la-la-la. I'm so confused now help me please [Natalie Davis], humor comes to mind as this is hilarious :lol:

Actually you are talking about both and putting them as one. Someone can like Fishburne and NOT Langston.

You're comparing Fishburne's popularity as the same as Langston and that just isn't true. If you want to talk about the character then you can't bring Fishburne and his fans into it. They are not one and the same.

On Dr. Langston his character is becomming more clear he's opened up to Nick, Sara, Doc and feels comfortable sharing his deepest thoughts with all. He's not such a mystery now that he's opened up more with the team. Nice to see that. We know pretty much everything about the rest of them so now more and more about him. I hope the Nate Haskell will soon be a thing of the past and he'll get caught without any real violence, and not with Ray involved. Maybe Cath or Nick will be the ones to take him down:eek:

We know more about Langston than any other team member.

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2011/03/eads-promises-to-see-csi-through-to-the-end/

I think Eads has a little dig at Fishburne in here, he says, regarding Petersen "there was no hierarchy. We got lucky that our lead/producer wasn’t a self-absorbed jerk.", Using past tense. ie Fishburne IS a self-absorbed jerk, and there IS heirarchy now.

Totally disagree. George is talking about the beginnings of the show and how great Petersen was to work with. It has nothing to do with LF whom he has repeatedly said he is a fan of and loves working with.

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2011/03/eads-promises-to-see-csi-through-to-the-end/

I think Eads has a little dig at Fishburne in here, he says, regarding Petersen "there was no hierarchy. We got lucky that our lead/producer wasn’t a self-absorbed jerk.", Using past tense. ie Fishburne IS a self-absorbed jerk, and there IS heirarchy now.

I didn't inteprest this at all about Laurence, actually George has in past interviews raved about him, this to me, was him talking about Petersen as Fisburne is not a producer but Petersen is. I think Laurence is a sweet, kind gentle soul as is his character Ray he plays on the show~Here's George talking about CSI and his co-star, how "he was one of his "acting" heros":bolian:

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/tubetalk/a303683/qa-a-chat-with-csi-star-george-eads.html

Last edited:

Boy, this always happens to George, he talks about one person and immediately people assume he's talking about someone else. :rolleyes:

But I can see about the hierarchy. It has changed, but I don't think that's Fishburne's fault, I believe it's the tptb's fault. Petersen is the one who insisted on the cast being an ensemble and he isn't there anymore, so no one, who has the power (like he did) has been pushing it.

I have the distinct vibes, that Dr. Ray will be history at the end of this season. We've seen his character go from low-key, calm, cool & collected also brilliant with his theories on the cases. How he's bonded with the whole team, to mysterious to angry and find out he's got the same DNA as creepy serial killer Haskell, constantly tormenting and stalking him. [poor guy] We've seen his ex wife, heard about his alcoholic dad, and his constant defending himself to whoever, [especially Ecklie]. So I truly believe that the end of this season will also be the end for him.:(

Back